No more printed tickets

carlwain74

Reaction score
I heard from my rep that this season the Seahawks are going paperless, in the same fashion as the Sounders did.

Better upgrade yourself to a smart phone or fill that printer up with fresh ink come season start.

OlyHawkFan

Reaction score
First I've heard of this. I will see what happens when I get my renewal

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I'll believe that when I see that.

Part of being a STH is collecting those hard print tickets from the season or game you will never forget.

Once again, I will believe it when I see it.

GO HAWKS!!!

peppersjap

Reaction score
That would be ridiculous! That would be a very fan unfriendly move!

seabowl

Reaction score
Here in NY the Yankees announced that only hard tickets will be accepted at the gate and not printed. They say it's to crack down on fraud but the real reason is they want to kill the aftermarket for scalping or selling ticks under face value. People here are pissed.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":z0ih2w0a said:
That sucks. Cost cutting move nothing more.

Living in Chicagoland, I don't get to enough games to care about ticket prices, but it seems to me that the cost of tickets should be reduced accordingly for season ticket holders.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
For the dallas game, I had both tickets on my phone. When we got thru the gate, we got a receipt just in case they requested it. I think they only had e-tickets for that game available for me.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2oue829c said:

I have to imagine the money is too negligible for it to really be about cost-cutting.

I'm guessing it has to be about fraud and retrievability (fake, stolen, lost tickets) more than anything else.

That said, I do know season ticket holders in a lot of places like wearing their tickets on lanyards and such as kind of a status symbol (whereas others like to keep them and collect them), so I guess it's a little unfortunate in that regard.

devo2478

Reaction score
Thats too bad to hear. I understand Hockey, Basketball or Baseball teams going this route, but with there only being ten tickets you would think that they would keep the hard tickets as many people keep them for souvenirs as someone else mentioned. Unfortunately the explosion of e tickets and smart phones has allowed for this and Many teams are going this route. I have season tickets for another team and they send us a credit card style pass that we swipe at the gate. Teams do this plain and simple for cost cutting. With as many tickets as the Seahawks print and ship, its probably just under six figures to do so. Every business is cost cutting where they can and this is just one more opportunity.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2iszn1kn said:
Tech Worlds":2iszn1kn said:

Living in Chicagoland, I don't get to enough games to care about ticket prices, but it seems to me that the cost of tickets should be reduced accordingly for season ticket holders.

Sure team just announced that they held back on a $1 raise per ticket so the saving has been passed on to the consumer by not raising prices more.....

drdiags

Reaction score
I don't know. For a couple grand the team can print out some stinking tickets. I can give them back those playing cards they sent as a ST gift. I understand the shipping and printing hassles are removed so if I were them I would do it as well but as the guy on the other end it just feels like I am getting it in the other end.

aredub

Reaction score
I talked to my rep and she said that wasn't the case. She said they are going paperless for invoices but not tickets. An email was sent out to people who used to get paper invoices to inform them they would not be doing that this year.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good to hear because if true that would have been a stupid, stupid move.

mikeak

Reaction score
aredub":11yqlk3c said:
I talked to my rep and she said that wasn't the case. She said they are going paperless for invoices but not tickets. An email was sent out to people who used to get paper invoices to inform them they would not be doing that this year.

I can't believe I won't be able to frame my paper invoice any more!!!!!!
:D

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
i5roadrunner":37tio6ec said:
Called our Rep today and she said they were going paperless. Told her we were not happy about it. :les:
So what's the truth? Paperless (cheap cost cutting) or the way it should be?

nrayorr

Reaction score
OK, here's my two cents. I believe that they will go paperless to save money and I also believe that those of us who want printed tickets will pay more for them. Not only will they save money, but they will also gain money if they do it this way and I am almost certain that's gonna happen. This is, of course, is pure speculation at its finest.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
When we went to the San Francisco game at Levi Stadium that's the way it was. Had to wait until 72 Hours prior to the game to download and print the tickets. I understood that's the way it is there for all San Francisco Season Ticket Holders... I don't have absolute proof other than that's what I was told by the Levi Stadium Ticket Office and that's what I had to do. It was uncomfortable not having tickets in hand after prepaying quite a while before we left Boise for the game. So, I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't in the works for other teams including Seattle...