Seahawks re-sign Rubin

Jville

Reaction score
Wow ....... three years ...... waiting on details.

drrew

Reaction score
Interesting. There was a report out today that they were talking to Mebane as well. I would have assumed it was one or the other, but if the money is right, I'm happy to have them both back.

kearly

Reaction score
Least surprising move of the offseason. Pete loves Rubin (deservedly so).

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
Any guesses on terms?

I am guessing 3 year at $15 million, with about a $4mil signing bonus. Tiny base this year, with a much larger salary next year when the Seahawks have a ton more cap space

Jville

Reaction score
Refresher .........

"I think he's been the most effective guy playing 3-technique that we've had," Carroll told Brock and Salk back on December 14th. "Just the most consistent. He just won't budge. The harder it gets, the tougher he gets. The more he ain't going to move anywhere. That position in our defense --€” we play a lot of over defenses -- he's on the tight end side of the lot, and there's a lot of plays that go right at him, and he gets doubled a bunch, and he's fantastic at doing that. He has been instrumental."

Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.fieldgulls.com/2016/3/7/11176860/ahtyba-rubin-seahawks-re-signs-nfl-free-agent-signing?utm_campaign=fieldgulls&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter[/urltargetblank]

O'yea ..... how about a diagram ..... [tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/707044971501592577[/tweet]

Ozzy

Reaction score
Very underrated and his ability to stop the run allows other guys to play to their strengths. Good signing.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Love this signing.

Don't let the market set what he is paid, offer a fair deal, keep him here, and on to the next.

Id guess 3 years @ $13million, $6 million guaranteed.

pehawk

Reaction score
Niiiicccceeee.

Now, what will my boy Hawknation2016 say?

sutz

Reaction score
I'll chime in with my approval as well. Good to great talent and the continuity is nice, too.

:th2thumbs:

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rubin is good but not great. For a 3T, he didn't provide much push or pass rush up the middle. Seahawks need to find a guy that provides a consistent interior pressure - Rubin isn't that. Nonetheless, he's a good guy to have in rotation.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Awesome news! Rubin played great for us and glad the FO was able to lock him up

pehawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1ct6zxrf said:
Rubin is good but not great. For a 3T, he didn't provide much push or pass rush up the middle. Seahawks need to find a guy that provides a consistent interior pressure - Rubin isn't that. Nonetheless, he's a good guy to have in rotation.

I still say Mebane was the best inside pass rusher in base. Would've liked to have seen the rotation altered a bit to get Bane in on some 4th quarter nickle packages.

Would love to get Bane back in a situational role. Better rotation around him.

McGruff

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":3nlhi8lx said:
Any guesses on terms?

I am guessing 3 year at $15 million, with about a $4mil signing bonus. Tiny base this year, with a much larger salary next year when the Seahawks have a ton more cap space

The top.of the market for run stuffing linemen is about 4 million, so I'd guess less.