Lockette Was Close To Dying On Field In Dallas

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
That was a scary play. He was so motionless for so long it was freaky. It is stuff like this that reminds me why players do all they can for big contracts. Get it while you can. One play and career over. Something most of them have worked there whole lives for. As fans we watch for entertainment. These guys do it for a living.

Cant wait to see him back. Not because I think he is great or anything but I would like to see him playing again after that.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I'm reminded of Rice's game winning catch against Chicago where he appeared out cold and Anthony McCoy tried to help him up unaware until the trainer knocked him back.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
A cautionary tale to all athletes. If your teammate is down on the ground that's probably where he needs to stay.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":2kj8z7oc said:
That was a scary play. He was so motionless for so long it was freaky. It is stuff like this that reminds me why players do all they can for big contracts. Get it while you can. One play and career over. Something most of them have worked there whole lives for. As fans we watch for entertainment. These guys do it for a living.

Cant wait to see him back. Not because I think he is great or anything but I would like to see him playing again after that.

Not only that, but it didn't even look that bad, even in slow motion. He got hit just right...or wrong I guess, and that's all it took. He saw it coming, the Dallas guy saw it coming and they just collided. Freaky. And yes, scary.

ivotuk

Reaction score
He's fortunate. Not so for a lot of young high school athletes and college athletes who die on the field or on the court.