Seahawks ticket prices going up for 2016

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
RENTON, Wash. – Ticket prices for the Seahawks are going up next season, but a few thousand single game tickets will be available for $66.

The team announced Tuesday season ticket prices will go up at “a blended average rate of four percent.” But the team said it will price 10 percent of all tickets at or below the average lowest ticket price in the NFL.

Season tickets will feature “variable ticket pricing.” Final pricing for each game is determined once the NFL releases its schedule in April.

The team says it “recaptured” tickets from ticket brokers and has secured 5,300 tickets from brokers since the end of the 2014 season. Ticket distribution will come through season ticket upgrades, fans on the Blue Pride waiting list, and single-game tickets.

2,400 single-game tickets will go on sale on Ticketmaster after the NFL schedule announcement. The team says prices are based on market demands. Individual tickets are priced higher than season tickets.

The Seahawks say 3,400 single-game tickets will go on sale July 25 at $66. The team says it’s the average of the lowest ticket price in the league. The tickets will at the CenturyLink Field box office and made available to members of the Blue Pride waiting list.

http://www.king5.com/story/sports/nfl/s ... /81488850/

JSeahawks

Reaction score
When I first bought my season tickets in 1992 they were $10 a game. $200 for 2 seats for an entire season. Now you can barely go to a single game for that.

The law of supply and demand.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, ya get what you pay for........bright?

Just sayin two club seats n 50 now cost close to $1200 for a game, man THOSE guys are really getting it, hard to swollow

RynoHawk

Reaction score
umm, this is too easy to respond so I'm not... just know.... you left yourself open..;)

warden

Reaction score
My tickets went up a dollar a ticket and the process fee went from 8 bucks to 10. Minimal change, I have to like that. This will be year twenty for me.

Tbone

Reaction score
Our season tickets went up 7.5% or $7 per ticket.

Crizilla

Reaction score
i hate this

im a big believer in crowd noise going down when tickets prices go up

mikeak

Reaction score
Marlin Man":2ygp2vqn said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah I know, ya get what you pay for........bright?

Just sayin two club seats n 50 now cost close to $1200 for a game, man THOSE guys are really getting it, hard to swollow

To me money is better spent buying charter seats and getting tickets for less than half the price of club seats. Then you can sell the charter license if you want out

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mine only went up 1 dollar per ticket. I talked to a couple friends who said there's also went up 1 dollar. Sure beats the 11 dollar per jump after they won the Super Bowl. My 24th year, I'm loving this small increase :th2thumbs:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Salary Cap is up. Gotta get that delta from somewhere. Expect beer and hot dogs to go up too.

nsport

Reaction score
Mine went up a shade over 10%. Yikers. I guess these are FWP's, right?

Riley12

Reaction score
I don't mind the increase. I'll pay what they charge.

What irritates me is the story I heard this morning (probably old news to many here) that they reclaimed 5000 seats last season from ticket brokers only to turn them around and give 4000 of them to OTHER ticket brokers in what they called "sponsorship" deals.

WTF Seahawks?!? As cartire said - tickets prices up generally means crowd noise is down, so it directly impacts my game day enjoyment.

This year, 1300 tickets are getting reclaimed from brokers. How many will end up in Blue Pride hands?

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
In other news, know what else increased in price this year? Most stuff. Well, maybe petrol got cheaper and housing prices in Flint took a bit of a hit, but you get the idea.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
From what I read this morning, bottom line is they are getting real chickenshit, for what we all thought was a first class organization WTF??????