Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/707329820955283456[/tweet]

seabowl

Reaction score
Glad that he got healthy however he was an egg on stilts

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I think he'll either be back with us for camp or he is out of the league. After the rough start injury/cancer wise, it's either us or nobody that works with him to see if he has anything to offer going forward.

sutz

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":a6cu61f8 said:
I think he'll either be back with us for camp or he is out of the league. After the rough start injury/cancer wise, it's either us or nobody that works with him to see if he has anything to offer going forward.
You never know. Good DL are always in demand. He might get a spot somewhere in the league, but it's understandable that we would release him as we're trying to shore the unit up. I liked the kid, but this isn't really a surprising move. And if he doesn't sign elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise if he gets a camp invite, too, or is picked up in season as an injury replacement. Schneider is pretty good at keeping his options open.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
This could simply be a procedural move again, as the Hawks did the same thing with Williams last March 6 as well. He was waived then so that the team could re-sign him to a split contract in which he would get less money if he again landed on Injured Reserve (which he did). So I wouldn't be surprised to see Williams right back with the Hawks again in the coming weeks if they've pre-arranged an agreement with him again as they did last spring.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I suspect ND40 is right. Williams if he could stay healthy might be a nice rotational player but he was drafted 4 years ago and hasn't played much ball since and is starting to be a footnote b/c of his inability to get on the field or stay there. As far as the timing goes could be added later in the preseason if the terms of a split deal can be worked out. maybe the team has discussed this with him but can't take the time to get the wording sorted out. Meanwhile if he gets an offer elsewhere it's been an unfortunate time here for him.

Hope he's well now and can move ahead with his life.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Unfortunate for Jesse Williams but NFL is a business and they had to make a business decision. Williams isn't contributing much, they need someone to contribute on the DL. Healthwise, I hope Jesse Williams keeps getting better.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
sutz":1ao1zv6r said:
nIdahoSeahawk":1ao1zv6r said:
You never know. Good DL are always in demand. He might get a spot somewhere in the league, but it's understandable that we would release him as we're trying to shore the unit up. I liked the kid, but this isn't really a surprising move. And if he doesn't sign elsewhere, it wouldn't surprise if he gets a camp invite, too, or is picked up in season as an injury replacement. Schneider is pretty good at keeping his options open.

The problem for Jesse is nobody knows if he is a "good" DL. He hasn't played a dowb in a regular season game.

I think it's us or bust.