Burley re-signed

kearly

Reaction score
If that link is accurate, it's a deal for 1 year, $600k and would make Burley a RFA in 2017.

Edit: RFA players must have three accrued seasons of 6 or more NFL games. Burley played in 0 games in 2013 (w/ Jacksonville). He was active for 13 games each of the last two seasons. So the part about him being an RFA in 2017 is accurate, assuming that he's active for at least 6 games this upcoming season.

Still not sure why Seattle declined the initial ERFA contract, which was presumably for less than $600k. Maybe a change of heart?

sutz

Reaction score
kearly":3cmo46ux said:
If that link is accurate, it's a deal for 1 year, $600k and would make Burley a RFA in 2017.

Edit: RFA players must have three accrued seasons of 6 or more NFL games. Burley played in 0 games in 2013 (w/ Jacksonville). He was active for 13 games each of the last two seasons. So the part about him being an RFA in 2017 is accurate, assuming that he's active for at least 6 games this upcoming season.

Still not sure why Seattle declined the initial ERFA contract, which was presumably for less than $600k. Maybe a change of heart?
Well, I think it might give the player a little more confidence that they think of him as a long term solution. He played well-to-decent for us, so I'm down with this move. Everybody has their options open for the future, I guess, if he is still an RFA next season. A lot of people whine if they think one of their favorite players is 'underpayed.' Another good season for us and he might be set up for a multi-year deal next go-around.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
He's a fair option at nickel DB. This is a good resign. Celebrating.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
kearly":3cfbk79m said:

A player doesn't need to be active to earn an accrued season. Even being on IR counts. Brandon Browner received an accrued season for being on IR with Denver all of 2005.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
I've always liked Burley. Plays hard and provides depth and competition for the nickelback spot.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Burley is a very talented nickel corner. He played extremely well last season through numerous injuries.

It's awesome that he's restricted next year as well.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Excellent. Need that db depth and nickel aptitude.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Happy to have him back. IIRC, Burley was inactive in SB49. I understood that as a coach's decision, rather than injury. Can anyone confirm or deny that? I felt if Burley was available, we win that game, and take away the "gimme" matchup the small, quick NE receivers had on Simon.

Burley's seemed like a good contributor, good signing, good value.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
This deal is a no-brainer.

With JAGs getting millions per year, you don't hesitate on this for a second.