Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/707612355866177537[/tweet]

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
Fine with depth/Insurance for draft. Hawks need to be careful with the dollars.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
To retire a hawk? He's not much of a pass rusher now but he could probably set an edge. Meh, I ain't complaining, I trust P&J so much now that there's bugger all reason to think negatively about these sorts of acquisitions.

Woot Championship!

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Hellz yeah. Let him put in one last good year playing 25% snaps and more importantly, bringing some of that dead-eye, no-BS, badass attitude to the locker room.

Fade

Reaction score
Vet min w/0 guaranteed. Anything over that would be an overpay.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Love it. Put him back in the system he excelled in and now where he no longer needs to be playing so much. He's a complimentary player now and will be good in a rotation

DJrmb

Reaction score
Fade":284umyi4 said:

^^^
This

I don't even guarantee him a spot, he has to earn a spot in TC. If we guarantee anything significant it screams desperation and is a bad omen for this team.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
Sign him - cheap. Last time he was on the roster Hawks became superbowl champs!

Not sure how much he has left in the tank. I think I might watch some of his snaps from last season.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2zsnpnri said:
Love it. Put him back in the system he excelled in and now where he no longer needs to be playing so much. He's a complimentary player now and will be good in a rotation

Yeah, maybe he can have a 2010 Raheem Brock type of year if everything goes well.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Fade":2v1ipbp0 said:
Agreed, though even that might be considered an overpay. Clemons will be 35 by mid-season, had just 3 sacks in 16 games with the Jags last season, and ranked dead last in the entire league in PFF's edge rusher rankings. Having him in camp is one thing, but having on the final 53 is just poor roster management IMO (barring something catastrophic to Avril, Clark, Ryan Robinson, et al).

firebee

Reaction score
I'm comfortable with Avril, Clark and Marsh. Clemons seems like overkill at LEO. I liked Clemons, but do we really need to spend on a pure LEO type when OLB is the big question mark for us with Irvin leaving?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2caicu14 said:
His value is more as a locker room leader. The leadership void left by Irvin needs filling, bring him in.
Irvin was way down the list of locker room leaders. WAY down. This team is flush with locker room leaders. Saying the Seahawks could use more locker room leaders is tantamount to saying the Golden State Warriors need more 3-point shooters. We don't need Clemons for leadership. This team is plenty well lead already.

nanomoz

Reaction score
firebee":3jpokkvw said:
I'm comfortable with Avril, Clark and Marsh. Clemons seems like overkill at LEO. I liked Clemons, but do we really need to spend on a pure LEO type when OLB is the big question mark for us with Irvin leaving?

See the vet minimum/not guaranteed a spot comments above.

Also: Irvin played a lot of snaps wide with his hand in the dirt.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
The idea that there is a leadership void on this team, particularly on the defense, is laughable. This team has Earl, Sherm, Kam, Wagner, Wright, Bennett and Avril. They may have Mebane back too. All those guys have been here a long time and are well respected veteran leaders. They aren't kids anymore. The only reason to bring in Clemons is because you think he can still play, not because you desperately need leadership. Based on how bad he was last year, I don't think he has much left. I hope they go in a different direction.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Found this blurb written about Clem, doesn't sound like he had the best time in Jacksonville:

Clemons has been a total flop in Jacksonville since reuniting with coach Gus Bradley. He recorded eight sacks last season, but three came in one game against a hopeless Colts offensive line. This season, the 34-year-old has just three QB takedowns and has been PFF's worst edge rusher.