Matt Hasselbeck Retires as a Seattle Seahawk

jkitsune

Reaction score
What a great career for a 6th-round draft pick. Wish he'd have gotten a ring with us, but lasting until age 40 in the league is no small feat for anyone, let alone a QB. The writing was on the wall with how fragile he was for the Colts last year, but looking forward to seeing him on air.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely.

Matt (or Matthew as Raibs so lovingly calls you by), you will always be one of my all-time favorite Seahawks. I'll never forget meeting you at the stadium when the team was giving tours to season ticket holders back in the Summer of 2002. You were humble and fun to talk to. I remember telling you that things would turn around for you and that you were going to have a great ride ahead as our QB.

Turns out he did just that.

A natural on camera, a total crack up and pretty damn good on the field as our franchise QB at the time. He should have been our first QB in franchise history to earn a SB ring but we all know why that didn't happen. It wasn't his fault.

He will never be remembered as being one of the best to ever play the game but he was a very good quarterback. Gritty, determined with an accurate throw. His timing with Bobby Engram was the stuff of legend. They could have connected both blindfolded in a blizzard.

Your presence on the SNF and MNF pre and post game shows alone will elevate the ESPN broadcast. I will now bother to watch.

Enjoy your retirement from the field, Matt. We won't forget you. See you in the Ring of Honor down the road.

ivotuk

Reaction score
A MUST LISTEN. Trent Dilfer talking about Matt Hasselbeck....

ESPN NFL Analyst Trent Dilfer joins the show to discuss Matt Hasselbeck's retirement and subsequent joining of ESPN as an analyst--don't miss Dilfer's story on Hasselbeck's impact on his life!

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

Finally, Coors Light's Blue 42 explains why fans decided they didn't want JR Sweezy back. Â Â

NFL Free Agency is officially open and Brock & Salk have it covered. John Clayton takes you inside why the Hawks were able to get something done with Ahtyba Rubin, what kind of money Bruce Irvin is going to get and all the latest updates on the Hawks' free agents.

Atradees

Reaction score
If his home is Seattle lets get him in the mix for Team Broadcasts.......that would be epic.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Atradees":75h0rhlw said:
If his home is Seattle lets get him in the mix for Team Broadcasts.......that would be epic.

Apparently he's moving to Bristol for his new job, and to settle down because his daughter is in high school and he wants stability. It's part of the reason he retired, 'to be a dad."

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Ever since he left the Hawks I have been waiting for him to retire so he could join a network team. As a Hawks fan, I have favored Hass since he joined the team. I even wore his jersey and sat to watch the Colts play when he took over last year (so long as it didn't interfere with the Hawks game). Now we get to enjoy his talents from a different perspective. I think he will do a great job.

razor150

Reaction score
jkitsune":3izqjxwa said:
What a great career for a 6th-round draft pick. Wish he'd have gotten a ring with us, but lasting until age 40 in the league is no small feat for anyone, let alone a QB. The writing was on the wall with how fragile he was for the Colts last year, but looking forward to seeing him on air.

Which is sad, because he was actually pretty good for them when healthy.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
And so begins what will be a great career in broadcasting.

Hope he retires with us.

kev007

Reaction score
Thank you Matt - such a shame he didn't get a SB ring. Best wishes for your life after quarterbacking.

Kev

kidhawk

Reaction score
I'm happy he's finally retired. It never felt right seeing him on another team, besides, I've been waiting for the day he'd be on air talking NFL. I haven't watched a whole lot of ESPN the past few years, but Matt will bring me back.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":1nyswthu said:
Absolutely.

Matt (or Matthew as Raibs so lovingly calls you by), you will always be one of my all-time favorite Seahawks. I'll never forget meeting you at the stadium when the team was giving tours to season ticket holders back in the Summer of 2002. You were humble and fun to talk to. I remember telling you that things would turn around for you and that you were going to have a great ride ahead as our QB.

Turns out he did just that.

A natural on camera, a total crack up and pretty damn good on the field as our franchise QB at the time. He should have been our first QB in franchise history to earn a SB ring but we all know why that didn't happen. It wasn't his fault.

He will never be remembered as being one of the best to ever play the game but he was a very good quarterback. Gritty, determined with an accurate throw. His timing with Bobby Engram was the stuff of legend. They could have connected both blindfolded in a blizzard.

Your presence on the SNF and MNF pre and post game shows alone will elevate the ESPN broadcast. I will now bother to watch.

Enjoy your retirement from the field, Matt. We won't forget you. See you in the Ring of Honor down the road.

Agree 100%

I met Matt after a regular season game in New Orleans and I remember having a casual 5-10 minute conversation with a " regular type guy" and I mean that as a compliment . He is my all time favorite Seahawk for what he did for our team
and the era he brought us into. I look fondly and proudly at his time as the qb for my team.

kpak76

Reaction score
razor150":7a1qa732 said:
jkitsune":7a1qa732 said:

Which is sad, because he was actually pretty good for them when healthy.

How scary for Indy is it, that he played better than Luck for most of the season? Luck who was suppose to be the anointed heir to Peyton Manning?

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/707730233172963329[/tweet]