Alvin Bailey NOT tendered

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There has to be a reason for this move. He must be in Coach Cable's doghouse, or he's indicated he doesn't want to be here and wasn't interested in signing the tender.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Of interest as well. The Seahawks didn't give Christine Michael or Alvin Bailey RFA tenders. However, Michael's non-tender was expected. They may try to sign them as UFAs at lower prices. Seattle also did not give FB Derrick Coleman or WR Ricardo Lockette RFA tenders either. Lockette will not likely play football again, and Coleman is going through criminal legal issues related to his MV accident earlier this year.

nanomoz

Reaction score
This doesn't preclude him from being back. He'd have to have little to no interest on the market, but it could save some money.

Basis4day

Reaction score
jammerhawk":ij2810z0 said:
There has to be a reason for this move. He must be in Coach Cable's doghouse, or he's indicated he doesn't want to be here and wasn't interested in signing the tender.

Or they have a chance to sign him for less if no other team is interested.

HawkMeat

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":2u8o1lqq said:
He shot himself in the foot with his dumb*** tweets last year when he wasn't playing much.
This. And he couldn't keep himself in the correct weight...and his play was below average.

chris98251

Reaction score
If they feel he is equal to many others that are going to be on the market why tender him and lock his price in. If your not in your outside looking in soon.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The feeling on the coaching staff is likely that guys like Britt, Glowinsky and Sokoli are already as good if not better than Bailey.

I also see this as a sign that we're going to dip into the draft heavily for OL, and maybe grab a veteran FA or two (Vasquez and Mathis would both work).

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I'm very doubtful the team is going to attempt to sign any top level FA OLinemen.

firebee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":20v64sqs said:
I'm very doubtful the team is going to attempt to sign any top level FA OLinemen.

I think we'll find a top level FA offensive lineman... Just not an overpriced one.. or even standard priced one. Still.. Some good players come from the bargain basement. Bradley Sowell... Come On Down To The Price Is Right. Drew Carey... any words of advice? "Yeah... Don't go to Cleveland."

IrishNW

Reaction score
good, he sucks. I never want to see that fatass in a seahawks jersey again

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
firebee":2blgv45r said:
jammerhawk":2blgv45r said:

I think we'll find a top level FA offensive lineman... Just not an overpriced one.. or even standard priced one. Still.. Some good players come from the bargain basement. Bradley Sowell... Come On Down To The Price Is Right. Drew Carey... any words of advice? "Yeah... Don't go to Cleveland."

Ronald Leary would be a good start. Nobody's going to pay the 2nd round tender the Cowboys just put on him but he's a solid guard and a prime trade candidate. Should be relatively cheap too, as it stands he's set to ride the bench a year for the Cowboys at $2.5m.

He's the guy who was dropped when the Cowboys got La'el Collins last year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I thought Bailey's attitude stunk last year. To me, discontent was very obvious. From both sides.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
To me, it's a little strange that we draft all these guys who are established as big, fat anchors in college and then are surprised when they don't physically look like J.R. Sweezy within 12 months. I know these guys are supposed to be pros, but when you read the same story over and over again about guys getting thrown in the doghouse due to weight, maybe it's not really an issue with the players.

The guy played well in his rookie season at whatever weight he was drafted at. Then the coaches harp on the fact that there's something wrong with him, and he hasn't looked like the same player ever since. Bailey is not the first (or second, or third, or fourth) player who's had this story written about him in the Cable era. This is a trend.

Largent80

Reaction score
Although we share the same last name bthe similarities end there. He's a fat ass that isn't good.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
SomersetHawk":28mzadg0 said:
CodeWarrior":28mzadg0 said:
Word on the street is he's up to 500lbs.

What street? Can't post rumours without a source.

Sesame street. And you can hear the street screaming.
:sarcasm_off:

He was a backup on a weak O-line. Not surprised he didn't get tendered. I hope we get him back at the vet min.