Chancellor on the trading block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seabowl

Reaction score
Just saw a piece that suggested that Kam to the Skins is a possibility. Tried to past link here but could not. The trade speculated that we would swap 2nds and get the Skins 4th. This maybe good value for Kam coming off a down year. Thoughts?

Largent80

Reaction score
If it happens, so be it. Not worth getting attached to players anymore in this game of greed.

Bleekz

Reaction score
They also had disclaimer saying article was from January :stirthepot:

hawknation2016

Reaction score
HTML-Password-Lock-logo.png

Fade

Reaction score
I could see it happening. If hard headed Kam is hell bent on a new contract, and prepared to hold out again. You might as well trade him now, and get something for him.

A high 2nd (Nick Martin), and an additional 4th + cap savings would be for the best if the situation warrants it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
I was listening to Redskins radio yesterday while at my brothers place (he's a huge fan) and the talking heads were discussing trading for Kam. They were kicking around the idea on Kam and our 2nd round pick for their 1st rounder (#21).

As much as I love Kam, if an offer like that would come to fruition I would do that in a heart beat. Save his cap dollars, sign two O-lineman, draft another, and draft Derrick Henry with #26. :D

massari

Reaction score
Would've thought Chancellor alone would be worth a 2nd+4th. This is basically Chancellor for a 4th. I'd rather pay him a bit more money if this is the case.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
everything has a price... but the guy is still top 3 at the ss position, still an impact player and team leader. no way we settle for scraps. if teams actually want, they would have to offer better than the "proposed" trash thats being floated around... atleast a 3rd + 5-6th rounder.. atleast... more likely 2nd + 5th

Own The West

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":2x9q3qnt said:
everything has a price... but the guy is still top 3 at the ss position.

He looked slow to me last season, which has always been the question mark with him since he's such a big guy at safety. Can't make the play if you can't get to it. I don't know if it's attitude, injuries, or a combination; but I think his best play is behind him.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
massari":3t8pjrps said:
Would've thought Chancellor alone would be worth a 2nd+4th. This is basically Chancellor for a 4th. I'd rather pay him a bit more money if this is the case.

Yesterday a Giants fan asked me what I think it would cost to get him. I said the Seahawks have a history of unloading guys for peanuts. My guess was a 4th and a fringe player with upside.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
If we are going to swap seconds, I wouldn't do it with the Skins. Miami, Oakland, San Diego, Cleveland, Tennessee, or Jacksonville would be good if they threw in a fourth or fifth.

I was horribly unimpressed with Kam last year, and I think the entire secondary had an off year because of him (and, of course, that free agent mistake). Unless Kam promises no hold out and no shenanigans this off season, I am in favor of trading him now, while he has value. Otherwise, there is a good chance he gets cut before the season.

-bsd

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Own The West":2axurgaq said:
seatownlowdown":2axurgaq said:

He looked slow to me last season, which has always been the question mark with him since he's such a big guy at safety. Can't make the play if you can't get to it. I don't know if it's attitude, injuries, or a combination; but I think his best play is behind him.

id say hes lost a step from 2013, where he was the best ss in the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE4ng4U3utc however, last season he skipped training camp and held out the first 2 games, and had shoulder/pelvic injuries during the season. the off-season should do him well as long he doesn't repeat the same misfortune. he plays a specific role, and id still say when healthy, a top 3 ss in the game

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Own The West":3jm5kr3s said:
seatownlowdown":3jm5kr3s said:

This.

You can't make moves (or refuse to make a move) based solely on what the player has done in the past. You have to make moves based on what you think you will get from the player moving forward.

A case can definitely be made that Kam's best days are behind him. The question then becomes how quickly and how far the decline will be.

I don't see a NEED to trade him, but if he wants more money after last season it shouldn't come from us.

Let other teams be the ones to overpay for a player on the decline, while we hopefully draft a replacement.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
JSeahawks":tftcdzc7 said:
If you think we're getting much more than a 4th for kam I think you're a bit dillusional.

... and yet if you think we would give him up for less than a 3rd id say the same

Status
Not open for further replies.