Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/joshweinfuss/status/707997527468023808[/tweet]

nanomoz

Reaction score
Firebee just _ _ _ _ _ _ in his pants.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Insurance for Okung potentially leaving. All in all probably a RT not a LT but

Long armed (35.5") 6' 675"/325 player of mostly underwhelming production, but a player with some ability. If the price is right I'm ready to move on from Okung if he prices himself out of range.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3srpwxfw said:

Long armed (35.5") 6' 675"/325 player of mostly underwhelming production, but a player with some ability. If the price is right I'm ready to move on from Okung if he prices himself out of range.

Has he ever played guard? At that size he could be a LG for us.

firebee

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2075344q said:

Watched a lot of film on him when he started for the Cards his rookie year. He's the real deal. Pretty much neutralizes defenders and an absolute mauler in the running game that gets downfield and makes nice combo blocks. Always gets his hands on a pass rusher and if a pass rusher starts to get around the corner on him, he pushes them far enough backfield for a QB to cut out and escape the pocket. Never saw him get beat to the inside. He doesn't let pass rushers get an inside lane, which is critical for the way Russell Wilson plays. Everyone that wants to see the line solidified would be jacked on bringing him in if they watched as much film on him playing for the Cards his rookie year as I have. He is a true LT. Might not be a Joe Thomas or Walter Jones, but I think he'll be a huge upgrade over Okung once he settles into our scheme. He is an absolutely devastating blocker.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Let's go get him! I'm all about upgrading our o-line.

OP
OP
McGruff

McGruff

Reaction score
pehawk":n0myrkvy said:
Tantrums all over twitter on this one.

Why so?

I don't share firebee's enthusiasm, but as young, athletic competition with starting experience who has played both tackle spots, I don't really see a downside.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Well, he should at least be pretty fresh. Played 33 snaps in 2015, 0 in 2014.

ivotuk

Reaction score
firebee":1f9cs82c said:
jammerhawk":1f9cs82c said:

Watched a lot of film on him when he started for the Cards his rookie year. He's the real deal. Pretty much neutralizes defenders and an absolute mauler in the running game that gets downfield and makes nice combo blocks. Always gets his hands on a pass rusher and if a pass rusher starts to get around the corner on him, he pushes them far enough backfield for a QB to cut out and escape the pocket. Never saw him get beat to the inside. He doesn't let pass rushers get an inside lane, which is critical for the way Russell Wilson plays. Everyone that wants to see the line solidified would be jacked on bringing him in if they watched as much film on him playing for the Cards his rookie year as I have. He is a true LT. Might not be a Joe Thomas or Walter Jones, but I think he'll be a huge upgrade over Okung once he settles into our scheme. He is an absolutely devastating blocker.

Good enough for me. I would take him over Okung simply for the fact that he could play all 16 games. Like Somerset Hawk said, Continuity...

I'd take him over 7-8 game of Okung followed by 7-8 of Bailey getting Russell killed.

I'm of the belief that like Drew Brees, Russell would benefit most from a great LG/C/RG trio, with less invested in the LT/RT. Look at what they've done in the past, wasted picks, wasted money, several years converting Sweezy, then when he finally starts to get it, contracts up and he leaves. Just like Carpenter and Breno.

Why should Russell pay the price of training scrubs, only to have them leave in FA. Tom Cable's "Greatest line ever" failed miserably.

Stop shooting for the moon and get 5, good to average DEPENDABLE linemen.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Supposedly he's pretty good at long snapping. The more you can do right?

Can't wait to see us get creative with the likes of Sowell and Gresham on the field at the same time. Think of all the possibilities :3:

Exittium

Reaction score
ivotuk":2k3srk4q said:
firebee":2k3srk4q said:
jammerhawk":2k3srk4q said:

Good enough for me. I would take him over Okung simply for the fact that he could play all 16 games. Like Somerset Hawk said, Continuity...

I'd take him over 7-8 game of Okung followed by 7-8 of Bailey getting Russell killed.

I'm of the belief that like Drew Brees, Russell would benefit most from a great LG/C/RG trio, with less invested in the LT/RT. Look at what they've done in the past, wasted picks, wasted money, several years converting Sweezy, then when he finally starts to get it, contracts up and he leaves. Just like Carpenter and Breno.

Why should Russell pay the price of training scrubs, only to have them leave in FA. Tom Cable's "Greatest line ever" failed miserably.

Stop shooting for the moon and get 5, good to average DEPENDABLE linemen.

Yes yes yes