J’Marcus Webb, Craig Robertson expected to visit Seahawks

RynoHawk

Reaction score
well, here are cheap replacements for Bruce and our O-Line... I would be more then welcoming if the price is right...and if we even have any money to throw around...

I really like me some Craig Robertson, he absolutely killed it on a team that really STUNK...

actually.... does anyone know where we stand as far as available cap space? I've been getting conflicting reports from different sites... Understanding this would help me get a better comprehension of where we stand fiscally and what we can do moving forward..

Basis4day

Reaction score
Davis Hsu has it at approx 11-14 million depending on how Marshawn's dead money is calculated.

Hsu is as reliable as anyone in these matters.

Also, just based on how your post was phrased: Robertson is an LB, Webb is OL.

McGruff

Reaction score
Spotrac currently has us a 7 million in space, or which 3 million or so will go to rookies. Once the season starts only the top 51 salaries count and we'll gain extra leeway there. But for now we are pretty tight.

OP
OP
RynoHawk

RynoHawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":1i7aafnd said:
Davis Hsu has it at approx 11-14 million depending on how Marshawn's dead money is calculated.

Hsu is as reliable as anyone in these matters.

Also, just based on how your post was phrased: Robertson is an LB, Webb is OL.

fixed it, thanks for the heads up... and the info..appreciated..;)

McGruff

Reaction score
Robertson is listed as a middle linebacker. Odd.

Webb was a whipping boy at LT for the Bears, but experienced a renaissance of sorts at RG for the Raiders. He also has experience at right tackle, making him competitive experienced depth at 3 positions.

Largent80

Reaction score
7 mil isn't squat, can't see us doing much with that. This team will once again be depending on the draft, unless some sort of trade happens.

McGruff

Reaction score
Largent80":21xrnq4j said:
7 mil isn't squat, can't see us doing much with that. This team will once again be depending on the draft, unless some sort of trade happens.

The 7 million includes the Marshawn Lynch mystery money. If we clear that off the books somehow we gain some leeway.

kearly

Reaction score
McGruff":2hucqzf9 said:
Largent80":2hucqzf9 said:

The 7 million includes the Marshawn Lynch mystery money. If we clear that off the books somehow we gain some leeway.

Yup. Spotrac was still counting Marshawn's 11.5 million when I checked it a couple days ago. Which is fair since Marshawn is still technically on the books.

I would trust Hsu's numbers.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Remind me. Do teams need to be under the cap at all times or by the final cutdowns to the 53 man roster?

McGruff

Reaction score
Basis4day":2l6ntg4c said:
Remind me. Do teams need to be under the cap at all times or by the final cutdowns to the 53 man roster?

Pretty sure once the league year starts you have to be under and stay under.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":oy7ftbxj said:
Don't Bears fans view Webb as a heaping pile of garbage?

I seem to recall opinions like this, or, at least, that he's an incredible underachiever.

mikeak

Reaction score
I expect that we will see a few salaries turned into signing bonus over the next few days

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":14k7xkiu said:

Yep, but that hasn't stopped the team from acquiring players before in the past. What is important is what the team can make from the player not what the fans of other team's think of the player. After all none of us thought Sweezy was worth a $32.5 million contract, and many of are dubious about keeping Okung at anything similar to the cap number he had last season. It's not as if players suddenly get healthier once the close in on their 30's, and he's not exactly been that reliable.

Face it, with the team's remaining cap they are not going to be adding All Pro FA OLinemen. Maybe all those who are complaining can join the crew of snide commenters and make a crack about DLine conversions, whatever floats your boat.

Robertson might just be a inexpensive certain addition to the pile at OLB. Pete and John see him as a better fit at OLB than at MLB.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We ain't gonna get a stud with what little money we have. So even he may be a heaping pile of garbage he may be better than our heaping piles of garbage

McGruff

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":1u4od43o said:
We ain't gonna get a stud with what little money we have. So even he may be a heaping pile of garbage he may be better than our heaping piles of garbage

You know all those metrics that are "above replacement" grades?

The guys we can afford are replacement level players. Which is probably an upgrade for us.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Webb is complete ass. So hope we don't sign him.

Robertson on the other hand could be a steal. I love Wags but hes missed games the last two years and when KJ has to slide over to mike the defense drops off the cliff. Robertson would be great depth and a very good special teams guy.

If he's cheap, I really like the idea of bringing him in

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":3c8bhdqy said:
Missing_Clink":3c8bhdqy said:

I seem to recall opinions like this, or, at least, that he's an incredible underachiever.
You mean like us Seahawks fans felt like Sweezy was a pile 'o crap too? Seems there is never enough love in your own city.