UPDATE: LT Kelvin Beachum signs with Jags

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

After #Steelers LT Kelvin Beachum visits the #Jets, I'm told he's visiting #Seahawks on Monday. Meanwhile, Russell Okung at #NYG & DET today

UPDATE:

Basis4day":ap8ystoh said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/709852079091806209[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/708356484011311104[/tweet]

Basis4day

Reaction score
He tore his ACL last October. Haven't looked for information on his recovery.

McGruff

Reaction score
He's younger and at this point better. The best option. O. The market. The price should be out of our range.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Especially after the Kearse signing :) I had to! Lol

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'm guessing he gets around $5-6m per, though coming off injury and still only 26 a prove it deal isn't out of the question. A couple of years that could be extended next year.

naholmes

Reaction score
McGruff":aapmjaj2 said:
He's younger and at this point better. The best option. O. The market. The price should be out of our range.
Wouldn't the team free up another $9M by designating Lynch as a June 1st cut? This might be enough to go after Beachum or maybe even Okung.

In fact, there's another $9M that they could go after if they chose to do so.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
naholmes":22lllkmf said:
McGruff":22lllkmf said:
Wouldn't the team free up another $9M by designating Lynch as a June 1st cut?

No.

McGruff

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":cfigs2ln said:
naholmes":cfigs2ln said:
McGruff":cfigs2ln said:

No.

Actually, I think they would. Before June 1st we free up 6.t, after June 1st it's 9 with 2.5 pushed in to next year.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I certainly like what I've read about him. If he has recovered well from his injury he would be a great pick up.

firebee

Reaction score
Has a nice foundation, agility and footwork. Looks pretty good against the speed edge rushers, but he doesn't show much power and gets drove into the pocket quite frequently by stronger pass rushers. With a torn ACL, I have some reservations. Most of his game revolves around his agility and the foundation in his trunk. Not a real strong upper body. If he's lost his agility and the good lower body foundation he had to work with due to the ACL tear, he's going to be a push-over on the line.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Hard to know, which will not improve his value. Some medical assessments will be necessary.

Still like the player though though Sowell is more interesting to me than him.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
McGruff":2ehjgq3v said:
Hasselbeck":2ehjgq3v said:
naholmes":2ehjgq3v said:
McGruff":2ehjgq3v said:

No.

Actually, I think they would. Before June 1st we free up 6.t, after June 1st it's 9 with 2.5 pushed in to next year.
The problem with designating a player as a June 1st cut is his 2016 salary stays on the books until June 2nd... meaning you can't spend it in free agency before June 2nd.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":c7dqsl8w said:
McGruff":c7dqsl8w said:
Hasselbeck":c7dqsl8w said:
naholmes":c7dqsl8w said:

No.

The problem with designating a player as a June 1st cut is his 2016 salary stays on the books until June 2nd... meaning you can't spend it in free agency before June 2nd.

IIRC, a team can release up to two players pre-June 1st and designate them as post-June 1st cuts. This allows the player more opportunities and the team more financial flexibility.

I could be full of shit though.

drdiags

Reaction score
Change of plans it appears

[tweet]https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/708742102881083392[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/708745015233646592[/tweet]

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
drdiags":24laanv3 said:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/josinaanderson/status/708742102881083392[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/SheilKapadia/status/708745015233646592[/tweet]

Maybe he got the phone call telling him not to bother because Okung decided to resign here. Who knows, we shall see.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":kalogoh6 said:
drdiags":kalogoh6 said:

Maybe he got the phone call telling him not to bother because Okung decided to resign here. Who knows, we shall see.

Okung is on his way to visit the Steelers.

Jacksonville has more money to spend, so likely Beachum figures that is the higher priority for a visit.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3qknxc68 said:
onanygivensunday":3qknxc68 said:

IIRC, a team can release up to two players pre-June 1st and designate them as post-June 1st cuts. This allows the player more opportunities and the team more financial flexibility.

I could be full of shit though.
You're right on the maximum number of players that can be released/designated as June 1st cuts... and allows the player more opportunities in FA... and the team more financial flexibility by spreading the players' dead money over two years instead of one... but that's where the team's benefit stops.

The team can't spend the cap savings of the designated June 1st cuts until June 2nd.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
HawkFan72":eq8xtfxt said:
Seahawk_Dan":eq8xtfxt said:
drdiags":eq8xtfxt said:

Okung is on his way to visit the Steelers.

Jacksonville has more money to spend, so likely Beachum figures that is the higher priority for a visit.
Word is he and agent will re-assess their situation after Jax, so he might already have a good offer to move to sunny FLA.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Dang it we are going to end up with another gutter ball at LT.