The 'Gals Were Robbed

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ROME - A group of Seattle Sea Gals cheerleaders who traveled to Europe on tour to entertain U.S. military troops was forced to return home early on Friday after they were robbed of all their belongings, reports the mother of one Sea Gal - who asked for her name to not be used.

The nine women were traveling by bus to a U.S. military base in Sicily this week when they stopped to have lunch and do a little sightseeing, says the Sea Gal's mom, whose daughter Melanie has been a Sea Gal for the past five years.

When they returned to the bus all of their belongings were gone, she said.

"All of their personal belongings - all their uniforms, all their costumes - were gone," the mother said. "The girls had nothing but the clothes on their back. ... They don't even have a hairbrush, nothing. ... So unfortunately now they are on their way back home."

http://komonews.com/news/local/the-girl ... ves-strike

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I hope our gov't takes this act of terrorism seriously....

I shouldn't say that. It really is pretty messed up.

rcaido

Reaction score
Not even a hairbush, those savages!

ivotuk

Reaction score
People hate us because our cheerleaders are hot! Some hate us because they don't even have cheerleaders :p

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Obviously soccer players who wanted a kit that better reflected their sport than tees and shorts, and knew that skirts were the way to go.

Chapow

Reaction score
This thread is worthless without pics.

Own The West

Reaction score
...but those pics are of when they *had* their uniforms. What do they look like *now*?

Chapow

Reaction score
Own The West":zjq4a2tn said:
...but those pics are of when they *had* their uniforms. What do they look like *now*?

Messy hair I'm guessing.

McG

Reaction score
As a former service member, having NFL cheerleaders come visit us when we were deployed or stationed in Europe was like a little slice of heaven for guys in the desert or who haven't been stateside for years. Believe me, everyone was happy and excited, it is a morale booster for sure. So in my eyes, the disgusting douchebag(s) that did this to them should be hung by their testicles (if they are actually big enough that anyone can find them). They were probably robbed by some greasy perverts that can't get laid for anything less than a months salary. Have fun sniffin' those panties Euro-trash, I hope it was worth it. This actually makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Honestly, NFL cheerleaders make next to nothing, look it up, it's deplorable (link below). I dated one for a few months when I was stationed at Luke AFB, AZ (yes, a Cardinals cheerleader... YOU WOULD HAVE TO) back in 2004. I actually met her through a local event that my squadron volunteered for at the same time they were working it. It was a right place, right time situation, yeah I got lucky. Now, I didn't make much at all (maybe I'm being modest), I was by no means broke, but I sure as hell made quite a bit more than more than her. I bet a 17 year old kid working at McDonalds probably did as well, if you compare yearly tax forms. We actually were getting pretty serious, but the main issue that made us break it off was that she was always busy and she had no free time at all. She was working all the time, but the crazy thing was she only got paid for game days (like $50). 60 hr weeks for training, dance, working out, game day and she didn't get a dime for anything other than game days. The crazy thing is, that it was mandatory to always be there or they would kick you from the team. So I just really, really hope they don't get stuck with the bill for any dates missed or anything that was stolen. Because, unless they are rich either from family, marriage/boyfriend, or they saved a bunch of money before cheerleading, there is no way they can even come close to being able afford anything like this.

This is so messed up. I really hope these clowns get caught, but I highly doubt it, although you never know.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-average-professional-cheerleaders-salary I just used this as a reference, it's recent, but I know 10 or so years ago it was probably the same, maybe even worse, who knows.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
McG":gzhj83qw said:
As a former service member, having NFL cheerleaders come visit us when we were deployed or stationed in Europe was like a little slice of heaven for guys in the desert or who haven't been stateside for years. Believe me, everyone was happy and excited, it is a morale booster for sure. So in my eyes, the disgusting douchebag(s) that did this to them should be hung by their testicles (if they are actually big enough that anyone can find them). They were probably robbed by some greasy perverts that can't get laid for anything less than a months salary. Have fun sniffin' those panties Euro-trash, I hope it was worth it. This actually makes me a little sick to my stomach.

Honestly, NFL cheerleaders make next to nothing, look it up, it's deplorable (link below). I dated one for a few months when I was stationed at Luke AFB, AZ (yes, a Cardinals cheerleader... YOU WOULD HAVE TO) back in 2004. I actually met her through a local event that my squadron volunteered for at the same time they were working it. It was a right place, right time situation, yeah I got lucky. Now, I didn't make much at all (maybe I'm being modest), I was by no means broke, but I sure as hell made quite a bit more than more than her. I bet a 17 year old kid working at McDonalds probably did as well, if you compare yearly tax forms. We actually were getting pretty serious, but the main issue that made us break it off was that she was always busy and she had no free time at all. She was working all the time, but the crazy thing was she only got paid for game days (like $50). 60 hr weeks for training, dance, working out, game day and she didn't get a dime for anything other than game days. The crazy thing is, that it was mandatory to always be there or they would kick you from the team. So I just really, really hope they don't get stuck with the bill for any dates missed or anything that was stolen. Because, unless they are rich either from family, marriage/boyfriend, or they saved a bunch of money before cheerleading, there is no way they can even come close to being able afford anything like this.

This is so messed up. I really hope these clowns get caught, but I highly doubt it, although you never know.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-average-professional-cheerleaders-salary I just used this as a reference, it's recent, but I know 10 or so years ago it was probably the same, maybe even worse, who knows.

Thank you for that perspective. I figured they didn't make much (I know most of them have FT jobs) but damn. I do feel really bad for the girls even before reading your post because I figured they take a lot of pride in going overseas to lift the spirits of the soldiers and knowing they don't make hardly anything, man that's just shitty.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Yep.

They get absolutely screwed.

I dated one of them for a bit, and I was floored just how much they are expected to work AND how little they are paid.

Couple in the weird 'office politics' BS they take from different people in the squad and I was baffled why they put up with it.

I appreciate the candor on how important it was to the troops though. For the life of me, those trips annoyed me to no end because they got compensated so little - and had to upend their lives for that trip. But as former military, I probably should have appreciated the gesture.

It is absolutely disgusting that a league that makes that much, pays them so little. And she was a Seagal, so it isn't just Buffalo with the slimy stuff (though this was over a decade ago so hopefully things have changed for the better).

Either way, the club needs to reimburse them - hell the players should if the club doesn't. Count out the sheer hours in practice, prep and all the rest - way way below minimum wage.

Also, it doesn't shock me that someone got robbed in Rome...

McG

Reaction score
Aros":1d9a71cw said:
McG":1d9a71cw said:

Thank you for that perspective. I figured they didn't make much (I know most of them have FT jobs) but damn. I do feel really bad for the girls even before reading your post because I figured they take a lot of pride in going overseas to lift the spirits of the soldiers and knowing they don't make hardly anything, man that's just shitty.

Yeah, what happened to them was the equivalent of someone robbing a bunch of exchange students or college students studying abroad. The difference is, quite a few of people in those situations have bank accounts that mommy and daddy throw piles of cash in to or they have ability to make quick phone call and get bailed out. The same can't be said about NFL cheerleaders unless they come from money, have a sugar daddy, or have some how saved money before becoming a cheerleader, like I said before.

In regards to what you said about the FT job thing. Most of them (from my limited experience) do not even have time to attend what is considered school full time, much less have a full time job on top of cheerleading, at least during the season. Now before my ex, I did work with one of the SeaGals back in 2001 at Southcenter Red Robin (I was 20 then, 34 now), a few months before I joined the Air Force. She didn't work even close to full time, not to mention she was probably the rudest person I'd ever met, we all used to hate her. I'm sure the women hated her because she was 6 foot tall, blonde and runway model beautiful (not my type personally :) ). The men hated her because she ignored them like most "stuck up, better than you" women do. Seriously, she didn't even say thank you or acknowledge you for doing anything to help her. She just wasn't very great to be around.

Back then I had no clue in the world was wrong with her, but now I understand more of why she acted like a bitch, for lack of a better term, to everyone. More than likely, she was broke, tired, and felt like she made it to the pinnacle of her profession and was making next to nothing and on top of all that she was still waiting tables. Everyone I'm sure just assumed she thought that she was better than everyone because she this important NFL cheerleader, but I highly doubt that was actually the case. When she didn't want to hang out, it's because she couldn't. When she kept to herself, it's probably because she was mentally practicing her routines. When she wasn't dealing with all of those other situations she was probably stressed out to the max wondering how she was going to make her rent or pay her bills.

For so many people it's hard to understand why how a cheerleader in the NFL would be worse off in life than you or me. Everyone just thinks it's a glamorous profession, because that's exactly what it's supposed to be. For me it's pretty damn simple to understand. Think about being a football player and making it to the NFL, only to be paid only enough to buy a dinner here and there or maybe pay a cell phone or pay the cable, but that's it. So then still have to live at home with mom or dad or you have to rely on your significant other take care you financially. It would have to be such a huge blow to your ego, to your pride, to your heart.

I have seen both spectrums when it comes to the personalities of NFL cheerleaders. From the worst, my experience with the Sea Gal in Red Robin who looked like she was a zombie day in, day out. To my ex girlfriend down in AZ, who was just an amazing person to spend time, to talk to, but neither of us (her more than me) had time at that point in our lives to give each other. So I did the only thing I thought I could do to make her life better and broke it off. That way she could focus on what she had worked her whole life to achieve, instead of being upset all day because she was missing me so much or worried that I wasn't happy because of her schedule. I didn't want her performance to be affected. I mean of course we had our fun, but both us wanted more out of the relationship, it was past that fooling around stage, it got serious, quick. I didn't want to be the reason that she lost her dream, no matter how much I wanted to be with her. It was one of the most difficult decisions I ever had to make in my life, especially still being relatively young at that point. Still, I wouldn't want do it any other way as I'm currently happily married and I've been with my wife for 8 years.

Now to me it's all about quality of life, in everything you do. From the lowest profession to highest of the high. Clearly the NFL exploits these women, but as long as they can be happy with what they are doing then I'm fine with it, they know what they are getting into (at least that's how the NFL justifies it, much like player safety, but I digress...) and it's up to them to continue on if they want it bad enough. I just hope that something is done in this case, not just because I'm a huge Seahawks fan and I love the SeaGals, but because this has been going on long enough and they flat out don't have enough money to be getting screwed over like this. I can understand why article points out that they can't sleep and they are freaking out. I'd bet most of them don't have extra money to get home, much less pay for all the stolen things or missed show dates. I really think more needs to be done financially for these women and our multi-billionaire owner Paul Allen should step up and set a precedent by paying them much more for cheerleading and also helping in this situation. They should be allowed, just like you, me or anyone who works their ass off, to be able to enjoy their lives. Right now, they are just a bunch of famous, beautiful faces and bodies that just want a chance to relax and enjoy their lives. They just want a chance to breathe.

(Sorry for the novel, just this topic really gets to me. Thanks for reading if you got this far.)

McG

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":12xa6pb1 said:
Yep.

They get absolutely screwed.

I dated one of them for a bit, and I was floored just how much they are expected to work AND how little they are paid.

Couple in the weird 'office politics' BS they take from different people in the squad and I was baffled why they put up with it.

I appreciate the candor on how important it was to the troops though. For the life of me, those trips annoyed me to no end because they got compensated so little - and had to upend their lives for that trip. But as former military, I probably should have appreciated the gesture.

It is absolutely disgusting that a league that makes that much, pays them so little. And she was a Seagal, so it isn't just Buffalo with the slimy stuff (though this was over a decade ago so hopefully things have changed for the better).

Either way, the club needs to reimburse them - hell the players should if the club doesn't. Count out the sheer hours in practice, prep and all the rest - way way below minimum wage.

Also, it doesn't shock me that someone got robbed in Rome...

So we have someone also who knows first hand.

Yeah, some of the BS she told me about with the "office politics" had me floored. Even in the military we didn't mess with our people half as bad as these women would with each other. It was always the older ones messing with the young hot ones, more or less, but some of the stuff was border line mental/physical abuse. Then, some of the stuff she told me was flat out sexual harassment, if you look at it from a legal perspective, but no one on the squad would dare to speak up. Also, all the college type crap that would go on, because the Cardinals were based out of Tempe, AZ back then because the team was still playing in Tempe, the same stadium as Arizona State. Most of the cheerleading team were former Sun Devils and Arizona State is a bit of a crazy school, to put it mildly.

Cheerleaders get shafted when it comes to money, it's a joke and it has to be illegal to pay someone so little in this country.

A

Anonymous

Somebody is touching their Verticoli's?

Chazz Michael Michaels is really pissed right now.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
McG":366t2oo4 said:

What he says applied when I was overseas remote in the Orient too. A bit of the spice of life that you may be able to see in the future as your one year tour is up. We had a few minor USO shows come to our corner of the world and a fun time was had by most of them. One group of 3 had to stay overnight because their helicopter that transported them to us broke down. It was fixed the next morning and they were able to leave. If it would not have been fixed, they would probably been transported by us via our van 4-5 hours to the main base closest to us. There is a bit more to this one story, but I dont want to bore you. There are also some other stories along this line that could be told, but like I said, I dont want to bore you. Hope the ladies are well.

NINEster

Reaction score
Military base in Sicily?

Only one I can think of is Sigonella, a joint US Navy/Italian Air Force base near Catania. That area is pretty nice.

I spent two weeks in Sicily back in 2009....saw most of the island pretty much, north and south shores, countryside in the middle. Hard to imagine this happening there with any sort of regularity.

Thinking about this from the cheerleader perspective makes it all the more brutal.

And I've seen NFL cheerleaders before as part of Armed Forces Entertainment.....representing the Rams, Ravens, Patriots, very nice girls.