Who will be the Hawks 2nd string QB next season?

Who will be the Hawks 2nd string QB next season?

• 1. T-Jack resigns on a one year deal?

Votes: 39 33.6%
  • 2. NFL veteran FA is signed (Vick, Mallett, McCown, Cassel)?

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • 3. Draft a QB in the later rounds of the draft?

Votes: 44 37.9%
  • 4. Sign UFA Qb after the draft, and roll the dice?

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • 5. Tebow, because every QB poll should include him in some capacity?

Votes: 13 11.2%

• Total voters

2_0_6

Reaction score
Curious to see the temperature on what everyone thinks.

I went with the draft option. I think Pete & John both know that in order for a backup to survive behind this line if needed, they need to have at least a bit of scramble ability.

getnasty

Reaction score
Lets bring back B.J. Daniels and a undrafted guy like Verdon Adams.

sutz

Reaction score
Would kind of like to have T-Jack back, but realistically I think we'll go draft.

getnasty

Reaction score
I like TJack, but Russ is durable and if he goes down were screwed anyways. Save a little cheddar and go with someone on the cheap.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
You forgot RG lll so I went with Tebow. RW and Tebow together? Come on guys it's meant to happen. And he'd be totally cheap. :mrgreen:

To answer you seriously they will either go with some UDFA or pick some quarterback in the 6-7th round like most teams with franchise quarterbacks do. Seriously if Wilson goes down we're toast just like any other elite team.

firebee

Reaction score
Someone in here turned me on to Dalyn Williams out of Dartmouth. Kind of a less athletic version of Vernon Adams that throws better passes from a small school. Probable UDFA... On the short side at 5'11", but he has a nice arm and throws nice spirals with good trajectory. More of a pocket passer than scrambler at Dartmouth, but mobile and semi-athletic. I wouldn't mind seeing him in our training camp.

chris98251

Reaction score
It will be T Jack, they will pick up a F.A. college guy possibly for PS but T Jack will sign late in the process again.

Willyeye

Reaction score
McGruff":3o329jbk said:
Dak Prescott in the 4th round. Maybe even 3rd.

Isn't Dak the guy that just had a DUI a couple of days ago? I think I read that his draft stock could fall like a rock. I don't see them messing with him after the Derek Coleman and Johnny Football things. Too risky. Any guy who would do that less than 2 months before the draft obviously has some serious problems.

crosfam

Reaction score
With us having to re-load the defensive depth, improve at OL, and add a 2nd running back, I see no room to draft a QB before rd. 6 or 7. But of course, this FO likes to keep us on the edge of our seats.

Maybe we get Geno Smith or EJ Manuel cheap in a few weeks after the chips start falling - end of free agency period and the draft. Both those guys have some unrealized potential and a higher ceiling than others. I think a little mobility would be good, so we don't have to change the offense in case of an RW catastrophe.

And a rookie in the 7th.

As for Dak, I am concerned about his accuracy. Even as an amateur observer I saw plenty of misses in MSU games. Seems sophisticated defenses tore them up.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Willyeye":u4c8f4pi said:
McGruff":u4c8f4pi said:

Isn't Dak the guy that just had a DUI a couple of days ago?
....... Any guy who would do that less than 2 months before the draft obviously has some serious problems.

Does he have a history of drinking problems? Previous DUI's?

Willyeye

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3gi9aymy said:
Willyeye":3gi9aymy said:
McGruff":3gi9aymy said:

Isn't Dak the guy that just had a DUI a couple of days ago?
....... Any guy who would do that less than 2 months before the draft obviously has some serious problems.

Does he have a history of drinking problems? Previous DUI's?

I meant serious problems with good judgment, not a serious drinking problem. I haven't checked any of that stuff. Just have to be really careful. I heard tonight that one of our RFA's that was on the Practice Squad most of last season and ended up playing in 3 games, Nick Moody, was just suspended for 4 games...I sure hope it's not PED's and I hope he hasn't been tendered yet. I hate stuff that affects the image of the team like that.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I think dotting the lines on another one-year contract is just the formality between Tarvaris and the Hawks. He likes it here, the organization and locker room like him and even with a 10 percent bump in pay, we're looking at a $1.65 million deal, pretty economical as far as veteran backup QBs go. I think Russ also has a good vibe with him and bounces a lot of things off of him in the film room.

SD&SEAfan

Reaction score
getnasty":3tn3olk9 said:
Lets bring back B.J. Daniels and a undrafted guy like Verdon Adams.

I'm on this page. I've seen B.J. light up the preseason, three years in a row as a QB off the bench. I don't need much more convincing he couldn't do the same job or better as T Jack, in a pinch. Houston robbed him off our practice squad and he got actual game reps as their backup. If the front office isn't sure on him, bring someone to compete with him from the draft.