LB Shea McClellin visiting Hawks (Now a Patriot)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
That's interesting in that he'd be a direct replacement for Irvin. Not quite as good, but very similar.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Wasn't he a bit of a flop in Chicago? He was the 19th pick in the 2012 draft.

Lithium

Reaction score
I didnt like him coming out of college, didn't see why he was getting the late hype. Not a fan of his. Hope we dont sign him but maybe Petey can get something out of him if we do

vin.couve12

Reaction score
What's even more interesting is that he played ILB for CHI last year. He was projected to be an edge player mostly likely drafted by a 3-4 team particularly when he displayed his athleticism at the combine.

If it's on the cheap I'd like to see this happen.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1pj4ij3a said:
That's interesting in that he'd be a direct replacement for Irvin. Not quite as good, but very similar.

Yea, not familiar with this guy at all, but there are similarities.

1st rounder, DE that was converted into a LB, 5th year options not picked up.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1wha4qcx said:
vin.couve12":1wha4qcx said:

Yea, not familiar with this guy at all, but there are similarities.

1st rounder, DE that was converted into a LB, 5th year options not picked up.
I'm just talking about pure scouting wise at the time. Kind of a tweener with some athletic ability. Really surprised some people at the combine who didn't think his measurables would hold up to his production at Boise St.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
6'3"
HEIGHT
32 3/4"
ARM LENGTH
260LBS.
WEIGHT
10 1/8"
HANDS

OVERVIEW
McClellin has started three consecutive years at defensive end for Boise State. He is an undersized DE who 3-4 teams will value at the OLB position. At just under 260 pounds, he can struggle at times against bigger linemen, but he has fifth-round value.
ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS McClellin is a strong player inside for the Broncos who uses good leverage to get under heavier offensive linemen and jolt them back in their stance. He is aggressive, stout, and can hold off linemen and smother tight ends at the point of attack. He has no problem tackling and is a good pass rusher.
WEAKNESSES McClellin will have a tough time convincing teams, even though he has been productive, to take a shot on him early in the draft because of his size. He has displayed enough athletic ability for teams to consider him at outside backer, but he could stand to lose weight as he enters the next level.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
He was a try hard player at Boise State. He's not been good as a pro. I hope we don't sign. I don't see him having any real impact this year.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Remember everyone we sign does not mean we keep. Pete and company like the competition in training camp. AKA camp fodder.

kobebryant

Reaction score
26 years old with a 1.57 ten yard split. That's at least worth looking at.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1dp6hq26 said:
Remember everyone we sign does not mean we keep. Pete and company like the competition in training camp. AKA camp fodder.

90 players to start camp. 37 players that won't be on the team week 1.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
kobebryant":1nfqmx4j said:
26 years old with a 1.57 ten yard split. That's at least worth looking at.
That part I didn't remember. That's about on par with Avril isn't it?

EDIT: Nope, it's fast, but not as fast as Avril's.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Competition for a position where we currently don't have a starter is always welcome. He fits the profile at least, maybe he can excell in our system in a more natural position for him. Trying doesn't hurt.

McGruff

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't see McLellan as a replacement for Bruce. I see him as an end in our scheme, not a linebacker.

kearly

Reaction score
He's basically the FA version of Travis Feeney. Would be a nice move if it happened.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
4.63 SEC
Top Performer
19 REPS
31.5 INCH
118.0 INCH
7.07 SEC
4.33 SEC
1.57 10 yard split

SPARQ wise he'd probably grade out in the 120s. Maybe he'd get close to the 130s. Arms are near 33 inches long and moves that well at 260. I think the FO clearly had him on their radar if they didn't get Irvin, remember him, and that's why he's here.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I tell you what though, sometimes I see that kid's face and I think "Sweep the leg" or "Yyyyyeah, put him in a body bag, Johnny!"

Shea