Seahawks host OL Amini Silatolu

Overseasfan

Reaction score
A guy who has played between terrible and decent with more injuries than Okung. I'm not sure I want this to happen.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Is the office trying to see just how bad they can make the OL?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Never heard of him. But trust all of the people on the site, so not excited about it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If he can stay healthy, this is more competition at guard. A lot were high on him coming out of college. No problem at all with bringing in more guys to put the best damn lineup we can out there.

Confident going into the draft and would love Silatolu to sign on the real real cheap.

sutz

Reaction score
Last I heard, hosting ain't signing. They're checking the market. :229031_shrug:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm just glad the FO is bringing in waves of Offensive Linemen to take a look. Reminds me of JS's first season on the job when they left no stone unturned. They will sort through the pile and find the best options.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seems like were just taking in anyone who will sign with us,

Basis4day

Reaction score
Other than Dallas, can anyone name more than one starter on any team's O-Lines? It's not like there is this huge crop of talented O-Lineman begging us to sign them for pennies.

We need 90 players for camp, so i don't understand the complaining about people we're bringing in when we can't afford many players you've heard of.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Basis4day":2q4791cn said:
Other than Dallas, can anyone name more than one starter on any team's O-Lines? It's not like there is this huge crop of talented O-Lineman begging us to sign them for pennies.

We need 90 players for camp, so i don't understand the complaining about people we're bringing in when we can't afford many players you've heard of.

Indeed. This M.O. should surprise no one that has been a fan for Pete's entire tenure.

DJrmb

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2cip6ts5 said:
I'm just glad the FO is bringing in waves of Offensive Linemen to take a look. Reminds me of JS's first season on the job when they left no stone unturned. They will sort through the pile and find the best options.

^^^^^^^^^^^
This

That is how they've built up units in the past. It's about getting as much competition in there so 1 you can find the diamonds in the rough, and 2 so that you have enough to compare each guy to in camp so you know you're making the right decision. Most of these low end contracts we're bringing these guys in on have little to no effect on our cap if we cut them in camp. Therefore there's no reason to "not like" any of these moves. It's just a part of the process.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Basis4day":kldzd9sa said:

I so very much agree with this. It's why I hate the offseason. On one hand, I think it's perfectly reasonable to express concern that this team doesn't appear to have gotten better, at least via FA. We've lost some key players and the guys we've kept, while important, aren't exactly household names. Since we haven't made any big splashes, its understandable how some of us aren't sure how competitive we'll be.

On the other hand, it's kind of silly to be a ninny about it this concern, at least right now. Those of us who are whining about the 2 OL and 1 DL we've signed don't seem to get the big picture, that we already have a solid core of players and these new guys bring in very nice competition and depth to areas of need. Sorry we don't get any certified All Pros this time, but the veteran depth, especially at OL, will probably make us better this year. We can probably expect more of these types of signings all the way up through camp. That's okay by me, ESPECIALLY if we have good draft.

One last thought, although I am one of those who is a little concerned about how much we've improved on D, I respect Schneider's approach this year. It sets us up rather well for next offseason.

firebee

Reaction score
Basis4day":9e13cvjf said:

Gotta love the armchair GMs that don't comprehend the salary cap or getting great value on younger guys with higher upside vs. spending big on a name player on the downside of their career. For me personally, Still hoping we get Larsen to finalize a deal, as I like that he played Center with Russ at NC State and played with Sowell at Arizona. Also still hoping we bring in Chris Hairston and Ben Ijalana for a look, as I think either would provide some quality competition at guard and tackle for great value. A guy flying under the radar that has my attention a little is Peter Konz, but I'm understanding his knee injury was a serious one he might not recover from. Still... Might be worth checking on his status. If he checks out as probable to return, I'd love to see us sign him on the cheap and give him a shot. That could be a homerun FA signing if he recovers from his blown ACL.

Jville

Reaction score
As a journeyman that has been around since 2012 and is listed at 6'-4" and 320lbs ..... he looks like he might fit in with this year's theme.

Potential roster churn .... :D .... got to love it.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't have an issue with Seattle bringing in OL who sucked elsewhere, I just don't want Seattle to commit to any of them financially until they prove they don't suck with us.

And FWIW, there are some OL out there who don't suck. Stefen Wisniewski for whatever reason never seems to have a market but he's a solid player every season.

Seattle over-committed to Webb, but I like that the Seahawks are chasing a bunch of veterans right now. Bring in as many as you can and hope that one of them turns into the next Breno.

firebee

Reaction score
kearly":en0c52oy said:
I don't have an issue with Seattle bringing in OL who sucked elsewhere, I just don't want Seattle to commit to any of them financially until they prove they don't suck with us.

And FWIW, there are some OL out there who don't suck. Stefen Wisniewski for whatever reason never seems to have a market but he's a solid player every season.

Seattle over-committed to Webb, but I like that the Seahawks are chasing a bunch of veterans right now. Bring in as many as you can and hope that one of them turns into the next Breno.

I think we're also trying to make sure we don't cancel out the comp pick on Irvin or Okung if Okung happens to sign somewhere else.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Basis4day":1hn1x06e said:

Sadly enough, right off the top of my head, Cleveland's OL came to mind with Mack (not anymore) and Thomas. And probably now Bailey. Yikes.