Are we second best in the div again?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Cards who are already dangerous adding some big pieces this week. We added some journeymen or maybe even no namers and are worse on o line and a hole in the linebacker corps. I know its early but do you think we can get a home playoff game this year and win the div or more like last year?

sutz

Reaction score
Until we win the Div crown back, yes. :229031_shrug:

Them's the rules, I didn't make them up.

kf3339

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":3b6zbalt said:
RW > Palmer

RW was better than Palmer last season. Until we win it back the OP question is valid. Just saying......

McGruff

Reaction score
We're tied for first with the Cards and Rams with no losses.

The Niners are in last with no wins.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
We may be a distant second this year and if the rams get a quarterback we could be third. We have the best QB but the rams and cardinals have better WRs and RBs, the rams have a better Dline, the cardinals have a better O-line, if Chancellor returns to form we have the best DBs but just by a hair over Arizona. We probably have a similiar quality LB core to the Rams. We don't win anywhere other than QB.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Will need to wait on the draft and see a couple of more things. I think we will be better.

McGruff

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":35ev3850 said:
We may be a distant second this year and if the rams get a quarterback we could be third. We have the best QB but the rams and cardinals have better WRs and RBs, the rams have a better Dline, the cardinals have a better O-line, if Chancellor returns to form we have the best DBs but just by a hair over Arizona. We probably have a similiar quality LB core to the Rams. We don't win anywhere other than QB.

Gawd, we suck. Who should we pick first overall in 2017?

chris98251

Reaction score
Can we wait till August before crowning the Cards at least, the way you guys act sometimes it's amazing you ever found a mate, it's like stating in 6th grade I don't measure up to the other guys and will never get a date.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Until we beat them and win the Division again, yes, they are the reigning Division Champs. And ya, on paper they DO seem to be getting better, but a lot goes on between now and September.

drdiags

Reaction score
Coming into the new season, the power polls would have the Cardinals above the Seahawks just based on how last season ended. Once the real bullets start flying will depend on how the schedule is laid out.

Do you get the "tougher" out of division opponent at home or on the road? How well does the team stack up playing a 2nd place schedule vs the Cards playing their 1st place one.

Problem positions for the Seahawks were TE, OL, RB and pass rush. There are some key injuries that need to be resolved before you can consider those areas corrected or still a problem.

For the Cardinals, they are working on their Pass rush, TE and OL from FA. Will Mathieu make a full recovery or will he have to push through this season and look to be back 100% in 2017. This is the second injury for the Honey Badger if I remember correctly since coming to the Pros.

I would say that the Cards are lead dogs until the Seahawks or someone else in the division knocks them off the throne. Cannot tell the future so how it ends next season will require one to wait to know.

Homer in me says the Seahawks reclaim the division but the supposedly non-biased will begin letting you know what the national pundits think.

Polaris

Reaction score
The Cards always win March through May. Let's see how things look from Sep-Jan.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Even in a down year with no Lynch no Graham and no Rawls we were still the most feared team heading into the playoffs. The Cards had their one chance last season and blew it. We'll be back on top the NFC this year and I fully expect Russell to be in the MVP conversation.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
On paper?

2nd.

In reality?

We lost the crown when we lost the division. Then validated that by being no more than the wildcard.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Vegas actually favors Seattle and I'm baffled that someone would say a distant second to AZ. That's insane.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Asking CP to stay healthy for two complete seasons in a row is a dubious proposition. He's not getting younger, I'm hoping he stays healthy but regresses substantially.

kearly

Reaction score
Last year Seattle was 3-6 in one score games, and 8-1 in all others. How that is possible, I have no idea. I take nothing away from the Cardinals, but Seattle lost the NFC West as much as Arizona won it.

Arizona has had a good offseason so far. They've had several good offseasons in a row now. But their overall talent level is still behind Seattle's. Fortunately for them, Seattle only seems to feel like playing up to their talent level in the second half of seasons.