Kam says he is not going anywhere

LolaRox

Reaction score
Kam posted this on instagram. Apparently he had been hearing the rumblings and wanted to give his input. I hope this means there will be no hold out or other foolishness from him this season.

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BDCLmgCkYx7/[/instagram]

Kam'sComments on the Picture (which didn't come over in the post)

bambamkam: "Seattle is my Second home. I don't plan on going anywhere unless some higher power places me elsewhere.. #Loyalty #12s #LOB"

McGruff

Reaction score
Good. People are being to critical of Kam's play last year. I expect he will come back and be everything we expect.

More importantly, Kam is the soul of this secondary.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
All in all, I'd love to see Kam stay here, be a happy camper, and get back to playing the way he did in 2013-2014. That would be THE best scenario.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
If he WERE to go somewhere, coupled with other losses on the defense, our defense would be in serious jeopardy of mediocrity without him.

sutz

Reaction score
Hey, Kam! You're higher power has a name. He's John Schneider. ;)

AVL

Reaction score
He's going somewhere next year if not sooner, if his decline isn't reversed.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
I tend to be an optimist when it comes to this hawks team, So im going to say he'll bounce back with a (ahem kameron) FULL off season and training camp. But the risk is always there for a guy of his size, to when it goes, it completely vanishes.....

McG

Reaction score
AVL":3nqbmo7h said:

He was a Pro-Bowler this year, perhaps you should do a little research before putting your foot in your mouth. Was he perfect last year? Hell no, but he was also coming off a fairly serious knee injury that he played through in the SB and no training camp, regardless if that was his fault or not. He is still a top 5 player at his position in the league, which is all you can really ask of a player. I think people tend to forget the fact that we used to have only one or two great players on the team at any given point for the good stretch of a couple of decades, with the rest of the team being nothing but stiffs. It's unrealistic to expect every position to have an All-Pro lining up for us, especially with the constraints of the salary cap all but making it impossible. I'm happy Kam is "all in" again and I hope he lights it up like he did prior to last year, but if not he's still a very good safety and I really can't complain.

Willyeye

Reaction score
I would feel a lot better if his Instagram said, "Sorry about last year 12's...I promise never to whine about money or hold out ever again!"

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Willyeye":2i5fiboz said:
I would feel a lot better if his Instagram said, "Sorry about last year 12's...I promise never to whine about money or hold out ever again!"

This. "I'm not going anywhere" doesn't mean he isn't holding out again.

HawksFan81

Reaction score
McG":202s10ef said:
AVL":202s10ef said:

He was a Pro-Bowler this year, perhaps you should do a little research before putting your foot in your mouth. Was he perfect last year? Hell no, but he was also coming off a fairly serious knee injury that he played through in the SB and no training camp, regardless if that was his fault or not. He is still a top 5 player at his position in the league, which is all you can really ask of a player. I think people tend to forget the fact that we used to have only one or two great players on the team at any given point for the good stretch of a couple of decades, with the rest of the team being nothing but stiffs. It's unrealistic to expect every position to have an All-Pro lining up for us, especially with the constraints of the salary cap all but making it impossible. I'm happy Kam is "all in" again and I hope he lights it up like he did prior to last year, but if not he's still a very good safety and I really can't complain.

Fans decide who makes the Pro Bowl and most fans aren't exactly objective. Kam was okay last year, but he definitely wasn't the player he was in 2012-2014. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets dealt.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
HawksFan81":34fnn9g2 said:
McG":34fnn9g2 said:
AVL":34fnn9g2 said:

Fans decide who makes the Pro Bowl and most fans aren't exactly objective. Kam was okay last year, but he definitely wasn't the player he was in 2012-2014. I wouldn't be shocked if he gets dealt.

No safety in the league, free or strong, was as good as Kam during that span. Per Ronnie Lott he was playing the safety position as good as he's ever seen save for Kenny Easley.

Of course there could be a drop off on a year coming off a knee injury, which he played through, and then missed TC albeit his own decision.

You say that fans aren't really all that objective, which you are. I agree with that, but what about the assessment of a HOF GOAT (outside of Easley) safety?

The silver spoon phenomenon acts quickly....

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Fans need to get over themselves.

Go look at the games without Kam. How did we do?

Now look at the fact that the one year that Kam had a down year, is the one year we barely make the playoffs.

Do the math however you want, but without Kam this team suddenly becomes much much easier to beat.

My own belief is that Kam & Earl got hurt playing in that GB playoff game, injured themselves further, and tried to play through nowhere near 100% last year because of that.

But either way, to the Kam haters - nobody cares if you got your little feelings hurt. Kam has a right to do what is best for him, and it is pretty clear that without Kam the Seahawks simply are nowhere near as dangerous.

So you better hope he returns to form too, because the Seahawks hopes hinge on it.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Did anyone reply.... "thats not up to you"?

If he wants more money he is going somewhere else. He owes his teammates an apology and the people at RAC an apology.