ALLLLLLLLLLLL THE Hand wringing

chris98251

Reaction score
We have signed a few guys that are seemingly bank breakers to some fans for defensive line and the O line.

Take a step back in the way back machine

Remember when we dumped our secondary and were looking for a QB initially?

We had just about everyone that was available come thru here, drafted heavy in some positions and let them compete and see what kind of team mate they were, JP Losman, Terrell Pryor, Charlie Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, and many others, brought DB's that were vets in to see if a second chance could ignite them, guys like Blackman and Winfield, what about RB's till we got Lynch?

They sign in numbers or make a trade to use the odds to find a player that fits what they want, same on the D line with Clemons, how many of us were going what the hell initially.

They are using the same method on the Lines this year, would not be surprised at heavy drafting on the lines either.

We had 250 transactions that first year and a whole lot the second, it tapered off after that but the process is still the same for position groups I think, as much as everyone is worried about cap numbers I think Pete and John have shown that the plan they have works. They may cut someone and bring them back cheaper as we seen with some players, nothing we see today is going to be what is finally on the roster come September, the money spent is not what it appears and what we will pay come September. Fun to speculate and all but I am not going to worry about things now, we don't have Ruskell or Behring making decisions, or Baalke :)

Those that are worry warts will only get gray younger at this point, and probably much ado about nothing. When we get to cut down week 4 in pre season I will be right in line with everyone wondering what the front office is thinking if things look less then promising.

kearly

Reaction score
Remember when Seattle traded Darryl Tapp and Josh Wilson and all hell broke loose? Good times.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
You are USING LOGIC here..........I wanna meet this dude. Wierd I know...but that is life. LOL

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Why didn't they just offer Vernon Russ' contract? They could have grabbed him easily.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't really see anything to complain about yet, but that assumes we haven't tapped out of the LT market. Thus far, giving guaranteed money to Webb was the only slight head scratcher, but I like the theory of bringing in as many OL vets as possible. And if he wins a starting job, it becomes a bargain. Lane, Rubin, Kearse ... all nice re-signings. Siliga fills a hole.

I came in thinking if we kept Okung, Lane, and one starting DT, I'd be happy. We retained Kearse on a very solid deal. The LT part is the most significant piece, but hopefully we're not done there yet.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
kearly":1doq2825 said:
Remember when Seattle traded Darryl Tapp and Josh Wilson and all hell broke loose? Good times.
Personally I was giddy when this happened. But ya, this board pretty much melted down.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":14ri26yk said:
kearly":14ri26yk said:
Personally I was giddy when this happened. But ya, this board pretty much melted down.

Darryl Tapp almost had 50 sacks a year instead he would end up with 5. I will be the first to admit that I freaked out when Josh Wilson was traded.

Vetamur

Reaction score
storm74":3ervmv38 said:
Jazzhawk":3ervmv38 said:
kearly":3ervmv38 said:

Darryl Tapp almost had 50 sacks a year instead he would end up with 5. I will be the first to admit that I freaked out when Josh Wilson was traded.

I was worse..I was mad about TJ Houshmadnadfadfadfa.. not that I wanted him to start.. I just thought, at the time, if we have to pay him anyway, cant we just keep him as the #5 WR?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3dhp4e5n said:
You are USING LOGIC here..........I wanna meet this dude. Wierd I know...but that is life. LOL
He went wrong right there I agree. Still doesn't change my mind one bit that right now I believe we're the second best team in the NFCW and it isn't close. Probably 10-6 or 11-5, luckily for me and all of the negative Nellies the season doesn't start March 17th.

They are doing the smart thing and signing any OL, DT, LB they can afford without screwing the future like Miami and maybe Arizona.

They just have to draft right this year. No Bruce Irvin crap just actual OL, LB, RB, DT, DE, and a CB and maybe a QB.

Arizona's moves tell me they know they have 1-2 years left with Carson Palmer and our move with getting big Guards is very similar to New Orleans and they're finally trying to build a line with Russell Wilson in mind not Marshawn Lynch. A clean interior pocket like Drew Brees.

Notice that Thomas Rawls doesn't need the type OL or offense Lynch did to be successful?

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":313v1nk0 said:
Remember when signing Michael Bennett and Cliff Avril was pretty much met with a giant yawn on this site?
I don't think that is correct.

Every message board i visited had tons of people who were excited about getting them. Most people liked the signings.

It was already known at the time that we got good deals.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
remember when our offensive line was terrible...

...and then it got much worse

Latest posts