I love our current Offensive Line

mrt144

Reaction score
New beginnings everywhere and cheap as hell too. Even if 2016 doesn't go great, at the very least we have a completely flexible position group with no looming contracts for the next 2 years. It's nothing but upside from here on out.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LOL, we're going to need that "flexibility" since we'll need to find a new qb because we're going to get him killed next year.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
gowazzu02":momzofb3 said:
LOL, we're going to need that "flexibility" since we'll need to find a new qb because we're going to get him killed next year.

I will pay RW's premiums.

Basis4day

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3o6pcgw2 said:

I fail to see how our line will really be any different next year that it has Wilson's entire tenure.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Basis4day":e955kofo said:
gowazzu02":e955kofo said:

I fail to see how our line will really be any different next year that it has Wilson's entire tenure.

Well, I'd argue that we've become numb to bad O lines. 2012 and 2013 weren't all that 'bad'. They just weren't even close to the best position group on the team and relative to the NFL about average despite the large salary cap consumption.

Largent80

Reaction score
Hahahha...Here we go again.."Our offensive line is going to be ok".

I swear, for the last 5 years and maybe more, the same thing being said.

I'll wait until after the draft to even start on this topic.

Atradees

Reaction score
Basis4day":wmwfyidl said:
gowazzu02":wmwfyidl said:

True that. I would like Okung take his false starts with him.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If one thing Wilson cant afford to be complacent this off-season as he settles down with Ciara.

Bro needs to max out his spatial awareness, agility, speed, and houdini escapes.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
Largent80":111zounr said:
Hahahha...Here we go again.."Our offensive line is going to be ok".

I swear, for the last 5 years and maybe more, the same thing being said.

I'll wait until after the draft to even start on this topic.

I don't think it'll even be OK, it'll be the same slop show we saw last year. But the cap adjusted downside risk is non existent and I like that.

Largent80

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread. Sokoli and Glowinski were basically redshirted just for the departures that were inevitable.

Also, Gilliam just completed his first year on the line.

Couple that with an EXTREMELY deep OL class and Seattles picks and we can essentially have a fine OL. Although it may start gelling too late...or not?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Our line could be alright but it could also suck badly.

It's difficult to give an unbiased opinion before training camp even begins. Does Gilliam stay at RT, will we need him to transition at LT or will he not start at all? Can Glowinski live up to the promise? Can Sokoli and Poole provide something? Can Britt finally live up to his potential? Are Webb and Sowell straight depth guys who might not even make the roster or will they start and provide an upgrade over last year? How much draft capital will be invest and how will those picks turn out? Will we stick with a below average center or are we trying to upgrade there as well? Are we adding even more players in FA? How will the line gel if all is said and done?

If I had to guess I'd say that our line probably won't be much worse than last year, not sure if it'll be much better either though.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Cable and co. are going to reinvent the o-line and change the way everyone builds an oline in the future. They are going to go with the insect philosophy for the line. They will draft a bunch of small fast WR's and convert them to the oline. These guys will be so quick and shifty that they will literally run circles around the d-linemen. The d-linemen will be so busy swatting at air that they won' have time to rush or collapse the pocket.

At this point this is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Largent80

Reaction score
Overseasfan":izp9bdk2 said:
If I had to guess I'd say that our line probably won't be much worse than last year

They were dreadful, so getting younger and hungrier i a good thing in spite of the growing pains.

mikeak

Reaction score
I just wish we had the same fantastic flexibility at all positions on the team. I mean if it is so great for the O-line then wouldn't it be fantastic for the defense and our skill players as well?

:sarcasm_off:

12thbrah

Reaction score
Well based on the recent FA signings our FO is brining in younger guys with at least 3-4 years professional exp under their belt. I do think its a better strat than bringing in 35 year old journeymen lineman who are on the backend of their careers. I see nothing wrong with taking shots on players just entering their prime years. Especially those who are on 1 year prove-it deals. Fingers crossed that some of these guys are ready to pop.

Largent80

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":szwrl7su said:
If the team drafts a quality C in round one or two and he plays well, the line will be better than last year IMO.

Well Mike, for some ridiculous reason the coaches put Nowiki at center for the first part of the year and we sucked ass. After Lewis went in, we got better in spite of the extreme bullfighting moves of Sweezy and Britt.

OP
OP
M

mrt144

Reaction score
mikeak":3tqfzmkj said:
I just wish we had the same fantastic flexibility at all positions on the team. I mean if it is so great for the O-line then wouldn't it be fantastic for the defense and our skill players as well?

:sarcasm_off:

MinMax only has room for one Min.