Mike Morgan re-signed.

OP
OP
F

firebee

Reaction score
nategreat":fd3ooz4s said:
Don't call him Michael, he hates that!
Hahaha... I'll keep that in mind if I ever meet him. Just passing along the report. Don't kill the messenger.

two dog

Reaction score
This is positive news. Morgan seems to be somewhat underrated by some.
Have to keep core special teamers and backups/emergency starters in play.

sutz

Reaction score
Has been a versatile and useful guy to have, on D and ST. Not a superstar, just a blue collar working guy.

I like this signing.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Definitely not an upgrade, but a solid, cheap ST guy.

Jville

Reaction score
Outstanding :th2thumbs:

Blocked kick video and .com announcement here >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/03/19/seahawks-and-lb-mike-morgan-agree-terms-new-contract[/urltargetblank]

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
His biggest value will help transition other LBers in that SLB/LEO role. 5 years in this system and was recruited by Caroll and Norton at USC. Strong STer and solid LBer who can play all positions.

Any thing that can raise the floor at this point and bring familarity is a good move.

McGruff

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1n4rebq1 said:
His biggest value will help transition other LBers in that SLB/LEO role. 5 years in this system and was recruited by Caroll and Norton at USC. Strong STer and solid LBer who can play all positions.

Any thing that can raise the floor at this point and bring familarity is a good move.

Everything I've heard about Morgan screams future coach, so I think this is part of the thinking. He's a system guy who is an extension of Pete on the practice field, and who can fill multiple results as needed.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3alet4b7 said:
MysterMatt":3alet4b7 said:
Definitely not an upgrade, but a solid, cheap ST guy.

Upgrade from what?
He is NOT an upgrade, meaning that the team is no better than it was yesterday. I'm not criticizing it, just stating the obvious because my knee hurts. Morgan is just a role player, albeit a solid one on ST. Not so much on D.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
He was up to 240 last training camp. I don't think he'll be a guy who will fill out to 250 at all, but that's ok. I've seen a lot of him in the preseason at both SLB and Leo and he has some problems against the run at the POA, but is assignment sound. You'd think he would be...probably knows Pete more than his own parents. Ideally, with what I've seen, you don't really want him to start. This is really nice insurance and continuity so that we don't have an outright bleeding wound there though (@SLB). That and his ST play is outstanding.

mistaowen

Reaction score
CANHawk":29ucdjoh said:
The Ben Obomanu of linebackers. Love the signing.

WOW fantastic call back, hadn't thought of that guy in years

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He also started in place of Irvin in the Carolina game so the team thinks he can play the SOLB position.

Tical21

Reaction score
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him starting at SAM for us.

olyfan63

Reaction score
mistaowen":2vq77m1s said:
CANHawk":2vq77m1s said:
The Ben Obomanu of linebackers. Love the signing.
WOW fantastic call back, hadn't thought of that guy in years

Agreed, very fitting comparison. Each year, we'd expect Obomanu to be cut, and each year he'd stick once more, in no small part due to his Special Teams contributions. He actually caught some balls too, like I remember him catching a long TD pass in a road victory over the Bears. Morgan seems to me the same level of player that Obomanu was.