Season Ticket Holders in Portland, Oregon & Vancouver, WA

nrayorr

Reaction score
Hey, all.

I only know of one other season ticket holder in the Portland/Vancouver area. I'd like to know if there are more season ticket holders out there in this area. Has anyone tried getting carpools together? I believe if it can be done it would save money and we could also have designated drivers as well. Maybe there is something like this and I just don't know about it. I don't mind the drive, but sometimes it gets pretty hard especially coming back and then even worse if we lost. So... what is the general consensus out there?

tom95

Reaction score
We have season tickets and usually go up the day before and spend the weekend. And there are quite a few ticket holders in the area. Good luck and Go Hawks!

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
Anguish":3aovzfoh said:
Donate a ticket and I will always be the DD.

If I had more than two I'd probably take you up on that offer.
:)

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Jayburd14":4e1upgyd said:
UK_Seahawk":4e1upgyd said:
2 Vancouvers that close together? Who knew?
Just FYI the one in Washington is the original
Vancouver not B.C.
Washington not D.C.

That said, I wish they'd change the name of the town to Fort Vancouver as has been discussed because the rest of the world automatically thinks of the Vancouver in British Columbia when they hear the name Vancouver, and with good reason. It's large, beautiful cosmopolitan city. The one I live in is a suburb of Portland.

DYLcurry59

Reaction score
I wish they would change the name too. When I tell people I live in Vancouver or Washington, they automatically think I live in Canada or near Seattle. Now I just say I live just outside of Portland.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
DYLcurry59":1eq8up6l said:
I wish they would change the name too. When I tell people I live in Vancouver or Washington, they automatically think I live in Canada or near Seattle. Now I just say I live just outside of Portland.
Yeah when I am travelling and say in Vegas playing blackjack and someone asks where I live, I'm to the point I just say I'm from Portland. It's just easier.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Jayburd14":2dv5e2ve said:
UK_Seahawk":2dv5e2ve said:
2 Vancouvers that close together? Who knew?
Just FYI the one in Washington is the original

Just FYI there would be reason to notice if the one in Canada ceased to exist.

;)

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
If I lived in Vanvouver, Washington and someone asked me where I lived I would say Vancouver, Washington.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":2j7vh068 said:
If I lived in Vanvouver, Washington and someone asked me where I lived I would say Vancouver, Washington.
Often do, but you still get that quizzical look about half the time. Once you say "it's right across the river from Portland, Oregon" you see the light go on in their head.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":307bynay said:
DYLcurry59":307bynay said:
Yeah when I am travelling and say in Vegas playing blackjack and someone asks where I live, I'm to the point I just say I'm from Portland. It's just easier.

You are from Maine?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3u0cc5gf said:
hawksfansinceday1":3u0cc5gf said:
DYLcurry59":3u0cc5gf said:

You are from Maine?
I almost LOL'd at this. My first thought was a 5.5 but since it's geography humor I'll add a full point, 6.5.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
OK, I went through the same thing as far as people mistaking where I am from, but now I'd like to get back to the purpose of this post. For those who live in the Portland/Vancouver are there any of you who participate in carpooling? I'd like to save some money and make new friends as well.

HawkerBacker

Reaction score
I live in Gresham and travel up to the games. Usually a combination of weekend trips and some day of game up and back trips. Have tried pretty much everything, planes, trains, charter buses and still driving up is usually the default. Am a member of the SW Washington Seahawkers and they might know people from Vancouver that are up for carpools. Might be worth contacting them. I leave up from Gresham on day of game usually by 8 or so.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
HawkerBacker":30lfnphq said:
I live in Gresham and travel up to the games. Usually a combination of weekend trips and some day of game up and back trips. Have tried pretty much everything, planes, trains, charter buses and still driving up is usually the default. Am a member of the SW Washington Seahawkers and they might know people from Vancouver that are up for carpools. Might be worth contacting them. I leave up from Gresham on day of game usually by 8 or so.

Thanks for the information. I didn't know there was a group like that around this area. My brothers and sister lives in Gresham area, so I still consider that the Portland area. Once again, thanks for the info!

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
nrayorr":nscal6z4 said:
OK, I went through the same thing as far as people mistaking where I am from, but now I'd like to get back to the purpose of this post. For those who live in the Portland/Vancouver are there any of you who participate in carpooling? I'd like to save some money and make new friends as well.

I'll save you money....sell me your tickets.

OP
OP
nrayorr

nrayorr

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":2unv2fg4 said:
nrayorr":2unv2fg4 said:

I'll save you money....sell me your tickets.

:shock:

:141847_bnono:

:thfight7:

Now, that was funny!!