How many offensive linemen will we draft?

How many offensive linemen will we draft?

• 0 We're good. All the lombardis are belong to me!

Votes: 2 2.0%

Votes: 6 5.9%

Votes: 34 33.3%

Votes: 42 41.2%

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Depends on what your definition of offensive is.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • All. All of them.

Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
John Schneider articulated what our starting OL would be if the season started today (link below). I think we're all expecting the Hawks to go OL heavy in the draft, but how many offensive linemen will be wearing action green and college blue come fall. Even though we drafted 3 last year, I'm sure that I'm not alone in having my doubts about Poole and Sokoli. That said, I'm setting the line at 2.5 (Vegas needs to get on these prop bets).

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=124407

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
So we have:

1. Britt
2. Lewis
3. Glowinski
4. Gilliam
5. Webb
6. Sokoli

They have Sowell as well. Will probably keep 9 OL. So at least 2, probably three in hopes that we can drop Sowell.

Smoke

Reaction score
As long as we get either Germaine Ifedi or La'raven Clark at tackle, I'm a happy camper. Maybe throw in either Ryan Kelly or Grahm Gloscow at center, but these choices would be too obvious. We are going to draft all the defensive tackles and convert em all, so getting my hopes up is futile.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Probably 3 again. 2 guys who could push for a starting job right away and one massive upside project like Sokoli.

DJrmb

Reaction score
I'm thinking 2, 1 tackle for competition and 1 center.

crosfam

Reaction score
I say two, a tackle and a center. We did draft several guards last year, and converted our RT to guard as well. But I bet the first rounder goes to a DE/LB pass rusher, or another quick interior DT like Clark. We may even re-stock the LOB with a CB or SS. This team is defense first.

Maybe a stunner and a quality running back is there we don't pass up, like Henry from AL. But I think OL will come later, hopefully day two (rds. 2-3) and not day three.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Draft 2..UDFA 2..? Of the 4 at least one will have been an DL in college.

sutz

Reaction score
I voted 2, but that could be a minimum IMHO. Could easily be 3, but there are other team needs, and BPA can always throw a curve ball in there. Would be shocked if more than 3.

Atradees

Reaction score
I am thinking we will draft two 1 dimensional hobos in the sixth round.

Dont get cute on this one FO. We know how well you draft at most other positions.

Deep draft as far as this fan can tell for lineman. Just grab the two biggest names Mel Kiper recommends please, (hahah)

HawkGA

Reaction score
I would think it has to be 3. Two fairly early, one later.

Alexander

Reaction score
I think they'll draft 3, with 2 of them coming in the first four picks (i.e. rounds 1-3).

kearly

Reaction score
Love the "Léon" reference.

Seattle is going to stack up on OL in this draft, it would be pretty shocking if they didn't draft at least two or three.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
The hawks should realistically draft 3, and not all of them late in the draft.

I think they will need to trade back with one of their first 3 picks in order to pick up 3 linemen and still draft enough other positions.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
I think it's important that they draft someone with the length and athleticism to play OT. Even with Sowell and Webb signed to short-term contracts, it remains vitally important to develop depth at OT.

I would also like to see them draft a center with experience calling out assignments and snapping the ball. The last player they drafted with that experience was Max Unger. Patrick Lewis played center in college, and I think that gave him a slight edge, but he is still a very limited player athletically. It would be nice to have a solid center prospect to develop behind Lewis.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Going on a hunch, I said three......2 ( LT & LG ) within the first three rounds and 1 in the 5th.

Rob12

Reaction score
Hoping on three or four.

Our line is in shambles - despite the recent posts of a couple folks saying they're not worried.

Worst depth/talent group in the NFL.

We better grab at least three and hope that one pans out.