The Official .NET Awards - Nominations

Sac

Reaction score
Hello, citizens of .NET.

The .NET awards are back by popular demand. There's a thread in the PWR, and one in the Shack for nominations that lean in those directions.

In this thread, please give me your nominees for the following categories. I'll update the list over the next week with your nominations. At the end of the week, we'll run a poll and decide the winners. As always, those fortunate to be nominated, and win will receive absolutely nothing. Have fun, kids.

Best Overall Poster

.NET Sunshine Boy (Most Positive)

MontanaHawk Award (For Persistent Pessimism)

chris98251

Reaction score
Best

vin.couve12 has really been bringing it needs to be considered for sure.
Firebee has also been posting some quality stuff as well for a while.
Kearly as always when he posts brings a very good analysis and perspective.

As far as our Guests

Popeye
Red Alice
Both have brought a great element to the NFL Forum.

Montana award

Has anyone taken Blitzers crown yet?

Sunshine (John Denver) on my Shoulder Award

hawknation2016 has been very optimistic with his posts I have read.

This is off the top of my head, now I have to start looking at names when I read stuff again. I know there are a lo9t of members that bring great posts and are new and the deserve recognition as well.

Rob12

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1ppalx3j said:
Hello, citizens of .NET.

The .NET awards are back by popular demand. There's a thread in the PWR, and one in the Shack for nominations that lean in those directions.

In this thread, please give me your nominees for the following categories. I'll update the list over the next week with your nominations. At the end of the week, we'll run a poll and decide the winners. As always, those fortunate to be nominated, and win will receive absolutely nothing. Have fun, kids.

Best Overall Poster

kearly
vin.couve
TwistedHusky gets a shout for sure
Vetamur (underrated, .NET's smartest dude)

.NET Sunshine Boy (Most Positive)
Don't know...

MontanaHawk Award (For Persistent Pessimism) bjorn

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Kearly for best poster, but I gotta give a nod to Mcgruff as well

For positive it's obviously duncansdad and pehawk

And then blizter should get the Montana award in a landslide, but knowing him he probably won't think he'll win

McGruff

Reaction score
Best . . . Kearly is going to get his due, but lately I love what vin. has been bringing.

Sunshine . . . Sutz will always be that guy for me. If I ever need a Seahawks pick-me-up, sutz is the go-to guy.

Debbie Downer award goes to David Seven. As soon as I see his name I know it's going to be negative.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":1vqnmv00 said:
Best . . . Kearly is going to get his due, but lately I love what vin. has been bringing.

Sunshine . . . Sutz will always be that guy for me. If I ever need a Seahawks pick-me-up, sutz is the go-to guy.

Debbie Downer award goes to David Seven. As soon as I see his name I know it's going to be negative.
Not if he is talking about how good the OC is.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Scottemojo":18ra57kl said:
McGruff":18ra57kl said:

Beat me to it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Best: McGruff. I love the other guys being mentioned but McGruff deserves a few more votes as well.

Sunshine: I can't think of anyone. I'll go with Anthony! since I love Wilson

Montana award: Hate to piggy back off of Sac but Bjorn is without competition imo.

kearly

Reaction score
Best: Scottemojo, Tical, Pehawk, English and DavidSeven. They are consistently the posters I learn the most from when reading their stuff. (McGruff, TeamoftheCentury and Vin are rising up my favorites list too). Hawkfansinceday1 and Rockhawk deserve mention as they are super nice dudes.

Most optimistic: TeamoftheCentury, Hawkblogger

Most pessimistic: Montana of course

Most improved: Hawknation2016. We didn't get along in the past, but I think he brings good things to .net and I think he's really polished his game over the past 6 months.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":3r53glxy said:
Best

vin.couve12 has really been bringing it needs to be considered for sure.
Firebee has also been posting some quality stuff as well for a while.
Kearly as always when he posts brings a very good analysis and perspective.

As far as our Guests

Popeye
Red Alice
Both have brought a great element to the NFL Forum.

Montana award

Has anyone taken Blitzers crown yet?

Sunshine (John Denver) on my Shoulder Award

hawknation2016 has been very optimistic with his posts I have read.

This is off the top of my head, now I have to start looking at names when I read stuff again. I know there are a lo9t of members that bring great posts and are new and the deserve recognition as well.

Ah, sweet Chris. I hope I add to this community. I enjoy it immensely and I try to participate in a way that is respectful to the wonderful Hawk fans here and yet at the same time let's me be my own individual Rams fan.

I'm in a unique perspective with the whole StL - LA thing, and you all have let me breathe. I appreciate that more than I can explain. I actually needed you more you needed me the last two years. Much thanks to all you here.

I look forward to creating a good back and forth and same as we go forward, and I hope some LA fans I adore come participate as well. I consider this place here the ultimate in fan participation: I hope we get to somesuch for my team. I check out other team boards, and NO TEAM has this community.

You Hawk fans, you.

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

I also fully intend to get out of my super nice girl funk when the season starts. LOVES!!!!

:0190l: That's for Rex.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Best overall poster:

Kearly, bar none. No one here is even close. It's sometimes disturbing how accurate he is, and I'm not even a Hawk fan. I hate what he says sometimes. Yeah, you guys got a damn insane win on this one. I take his comments more serious than many NFL writers. For good reason.

Hawkfansinceday1. He's just adorable and randomly spouts true things. I am having a pattern: I like Hawk fans who are honest and real about their team and speak their mind. He's a good one on that as well. He will honestly love and then point out faults while still loving your team. I respect that.

Chris. Probably the hardest one to define. But, I will define it like this: something needs to be said: Chris will say it. And in a seemingly polite manner. Or not. He always is the one who answers the hard questions with something Bill Clinton might've said. Smooth.

and, a special nomination to: Mizzou. I just simply adore her passion.

Loves to you my Hawk Fan friends.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Scottemojo":27vpz5es said:
McGruff":27vpz5es said:

Well-played.

And dang, I know I've been getting on the FO lately for this OL situation, but I feel like I'm usually battling a storm of negativity almost every week during the season. One of the few fighting that fight. That includes having defended the OL in years past (though not last year) and sticking up for our steadfast top-5 offense (seriously).

Tical21

Reaction score
So how does this work? There is a nominations thread, and then a poll based off of the nominations?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2yyyad05 said:
Scottemojo":2yyyad05 said:
McGruff":2yyyad05 said:

Well-played.

And dang, I know I've been getting on the FO lately for this OL situation, but I feel like I'm usually battling a storm of negativity almost every week during the season. One of the few fighting that fight. That includes having defended the OL in years past (though not last year) and sticking up for our steadfast top-5 offense (seriously).
A couple years ago, I stopped giving a shit what the mood or feeling of the board or fans in general was. I try to react only to what I see or think I saw. I don't need to defend a single thing. Being reactionary to the reactionary is still...reactionary.

There are no fights to be fought.

chris98251

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3jxktty7 said:
DavidSeven":3jxktty7 said:
Scottemojo":3jxktty7 said:
McGruff":3jxktty7 said:

Well-played.

A couple years ago, I stopped giving a shit what the mood or feeling of the board or fans in general was. I try to react only to what I see or think I saw. I don't need to defend a single thing. Being reactionary to the reactionary is still...reactionary.

There are no fights to be fought.

Well your Avatar could generate pages of threads by itself, oh it already has :)

LymonHawk

Reaction score
We at .net are truly lucky to have so many excellent posters. Folks who really know what they are talking about football wise.

While Kearly has always been the most thorough, folks like McGruff, vinc12, and pe are now giving him a run for his money. But dollar for dollar, I agree with DavidSeven the most. I believe he gets right to the heart of the matter without too many words.

Blitzer will always get my vote for Grinch of the Year.

Day1 and I do not always see things the same way, but I've got a soft spot for Old Farts so I'll give him a nod too.

NYCoug for most traveled?

Dr. Diags for most level headed and non-offensive.

And of course my bud Riley12 for least confrontational.

Can I nominate Anguish for best guns? (Sorry austin.)

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":69rtd48g said:
Best: Scottemojo, Tical, Pehawk, English and DavidSeven. They are consistently the posters I learn the most from when reading their stuff. (McGruff, TeamoftheCentury and Vin are rising up my favorites list too). Hawkfansinceday1 and Rockhawk deserve mention as they are super nice dudes.

Most optimistic: TeamoftheCentury, Hawkblogger

Most pessimistic: Montana of course

Most improved: Hawknation2016. We didn't get along in the past, but I think he brings good things to .net and I think he's really polished his game over the past 6 months.
Whoa. Thanks, Kearly. Very kind of you to give me a couple of mentions. Not sure what I did to deserve that. I didn't think anyone read what I had to say - Lol. (I'm usually a fairly self-deprecating person, though probably don't come across that way in this forum. Probably need to work on that.) Anyway, I've been feeling pretty down lately about some serious matters, so wanted to thank you for the honor.

"Most Optimistic" might very well be further validated here in a minute. I take it that's directed at our view of the team and content regarding football. But, it's tough for me to choose a "best" poster. It's subjective and I pretty much like everyone (Lol) and appreciate those who make thoughtful posts, inject needed humor (we all need to laugh), and various "other" contributions. So, I sort of share the sentiment of Billy Crystal in this scene:
[youtube]4pbVxyL-OeM[/youtube]

"Best Overall" could mean not necessarily just the most knowledgeable and skillful writer. It's personal preference to some degree. I think the criteria for this might be summed up as follows: If .net had to pick ONE poster to represent the site to others in some sort of public way (ESPN, NFL Network, Brock and Salk, etc.), who would most here recommend? While there's definitely a few that would do a fine job, I suspect Kearly would get the eventual nod. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Enter: Curly - Lol
[youtube]ekNzqzFAby0[/youtube]

But, other than recognizing someone who might represent .net to outsiders.... There's a long list of posters tied for 1st in my book. I wouldn't put myself in that category. That's for others to decide. But, there are many who contribute to my enjoyment of the site. NYCoug, DrDiags, English, Kearly, Scottemojo, Throwdown, Basis4day, Largent80, Pehawk, MysterMatt, ivotuk, Laloosh, Maelstrom787, SomersetHawk, hawknation2015, Attyla, TechWorlds, Chris98251, Fade, SiouxHawk, Tical, McGrouch ;) , etc. BestFightStory was awesome. What ever happened to HawkWow? I could have a very long list and wouldn't want to leave anyone out.

How can anyone not feel like their day is better after reading a post by NYCoug? David is awesome.

We all tend to take on an online persona and we can count on certain ones to deliver accordingly at the appropriate time. Each has their strong points that make this the place it is.

Best Overall: Kearly
Most Optimistic: NYCoug
Best Avatar: Tical21

cdallan

Reaction score
Scotte and Kearly are perennial pro bowlers, but Hawkscanner, Mcgruff and Chris90210 need to be on the ballot on the basis of their recent work.