710 THUFRI - Trey Wingo on the OLine!

ivotuk

Reaction score
ORIGINALLY AIRED: THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2016

With John Clayton at the owners meetings, Trey Wingo filled in admirably. He talked about quite a bit and had some pretty positive things to say about the Seahawks offensive line saying you can absolutely build a good O-Line without spending a ton of money, Russell Wilson definitely a top 5 quarterback and his take on RGIII in Cleveland.

The NY Times did a piece on concussions and the NFL and the NFL has responded.

Wyman says the NFL is a business.

In "Sweeping the Dial" the guys discuss Novak Djokavic helping a kid ask a girl to prom, Yoenis Cespedes refuses to make a play on a ball under a fence, and RGIII says he's excited to play for the Browns.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... nd%20Moore

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Ryan Clark on Kam Chancellor making amends with Seahawks

ORIGINALLY AIRED: THURSDAY, MARCH 24, 2016

Former safety Ryan Clark says Kam Chancellor owes fans "absolutely nothing" when it comes to last season's holdout.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

Love what Ryan Clark had to say about fans. It's absolutely ridiculous for someone to say that Kam should apologize to the fans. What a crock!

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
ORIGINALLY AIRED: FRIDAY, MARCH 25, 2016

Salk is still fired up about wanting Kam Chancellor to apologize to the fans

and has a ridiculous pronunciation of the word "Boca Raton" that he has supported with various slanted opinions from tainted sources.

John Clayton brings some interesting perspective on the NFL rule changes in his Morning Drive. Brock Huard examines the role of new Seahawks OL Bradley Sowell in Coors Light's Blue 42.

Will Mike Salk just shut up already? His bogus "positions" on topics are hard to stomach. Can't he figure out a better way to create talk?

kearly

Reaction score
ivotuk":z4r761fk said:
Will Mike Salk just shut up already? His bogus "positions" on topics are hard to stomach. Can't he figure out a better way to create talk?

Classic shock jock.

In fairness to Salk, I actually listened to a few of his radio shows when he was in Boston and he was a totally different guy there. It's weird that he got fired because he was far less annoying when he was in Boston, he was more serious and journalistic, IMO.

On a side-note, a lot of the dumb / annoying things about Danny O'neil seemed to vanish when he moved on to Danny Dave and Moore.

I'm a huge, huge fan of Brock, but I think his stiffness causes his co-hosts to feel obligated to swing their dicks (a comedian term) to keep the audience fully engaged. Brock's half of the show is terrific, but I'm starting to realize that his co-hosts carry a burden as a result of Brock's formal and squeaky-clean nature.

One thing I do like about Salk, and why I tolerate him despite his maddening habits, is that he has great antagonistic chemistry with Boy Howdy, while Kyle has good antagonistic chemistry with Brock. I wish Salk would ease up on the ridiculous statements (and also admit that he's a huge Pats homer, he's really bad at hiding it), but at the same time I hope they keep those four guys together as long as possible.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Yeah, Salk bugs the crap out of me regularly, but I think the intent is to offer a contrast between he and Brock. What's the point of them saying the same thing? Besides, I do think that Salk offers fair points or pointed questions half the time, which is better than some.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I have to admit, I appreciate the fact that he is back. I did not like Danny with Brock, he seemed star-struck and would flip out when Brock was self-deprecating. But it's probably my favorite show because of Brock.

I would appreciate Salk more if he weren't so over-the-top when he takes an opposing point of view. I'm old fashioned and it seems so insincere.

Some of the ESPN shows now are the worst. For them, Twitter is a Godsend, because you can find any point of view you want on there, and go after it/them. It's like digging through a septic tank and going "Ahah! This person flushes their napkins down the toilet!"

I really like the Danny, Dave Moore podcast where Danny and Wyman offer a different take on the NFL concussion discussion. They have legitimate points and aren't just being contrary. Wyman's little "inside the NFL" tidbits from when he played are really interesting. I was listening to a First Draft Podcast with Sprow, Kiper and Schefter, and it was really fun because they got off track and started telling stories about when they were younger and working the draft "scene." Some great stories there.

break

Danny O'Neil joins Brock & Salk to discuss the future of Lorenzo Romar. Will Danny convince Brock & Salk that Romar deserves another year? Listen here to find out.

Danny also provides some perspective on Kam Chancellor's position on the Seahawks this year and provide some much needed fire on Answer the Question, Jerk!

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm very appreciative of the work that Sheil Kapadia does, but man does he sound emotionless. Monotone voice that could make the Apocalypse sound boring.

ESPN.com's Seahawks beat writer Sheil Kapadia joins Justin and Gee as they get Sheil's take on all the happenings at this past week's NFL Owners Meeting.

In Socially Awkward, Gonzaga's Kyle Wiltjer shares an interesting story about Zags legend Adam Morrison that shouldn't surprise anyone. The guys play a wild round of "Mariner to be or Mariner at sea" and they close out the week with a round of Confessions.

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 0and%20Gee

Just who exactly is Bradley Sowell and is it better worse to have a competition at left tackle heading into a new NFL season? Justin and Gee answer Friday's question of the day.

Also, the Seahawks and Homegrown regions do battle in the Justin and Gee Seattle Sports Legends bracket. In the bottom line, an Oregon basketball player gets under the skin of Coach K and Nick Saban is ranked where amongst the world's greatest leaders?

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 0and%20Gee