Seahawks staff at UW pro day

jake206

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/715632843666251776[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/715622918890201088[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/715622341368090624[/tweet]

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I dunno if it's a fact or just because of the social media available but it seems like the current regime pays much more attention to local guys than previous staffs did. Just goes along with Pete's mentality of finding any kind of competitive edge you can. Who knows if guys like Kearse would have lasted anywhere else. Being able to play for his home town team maybe pushed him harder than he otherwise would have been.

kearly

Reaction score
Feeney and Mickens would make sense for Seattle as UDFA's. Maybe Dwayne Washington as well. It feels like the Seahawks have mined UW in UDFA lately.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
They're there every year since Pete took over. It's just a skip across the lake....why wouldn't they? UW is usually high on talent that isn't realized as a team in terms of wins and there are some gems to be found. Obviously last year UW defenders dominated the 1st round of the draft, but even when that's not the case you should damn well look.

And also the comment about Kearse.....

Kearse's SPARQ score is somewhere between the 82nd and 91st percentile in the NFL, depending on which measurement you take into account. He's a very good overall athlete. He also has a level of understanding of coverages that many WRs lack and uses his route running to take advantage. He was extremely productive at UW with questionable QB play.

Not to mention, we've been down this road before with Hawk WRs. People talked a lot of trash about Tate too....then he went and blew up in Detroit.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
kearly":1hnu6pdu said:
Feeney and Mickens would make sense for Seattle as UDFA's. Maybe Dwayne Washington as well. It feels like the Seahawks have mined UW in UDFA lately.
Yeah, Feeney is the obvious one. Mickens is ultra quick and would be a really nice player to stash on the PS where he might try to take on more kick and punt return duties.

Washington is an interesting one though. I wouldn't be surprised if he runs in the 4.3s He was a bigtime recruit that you would think would have had a much better college career, but then Gaskin happened, who's kind of a Napolean Kaufman/Brian Westbrook hybrid, but is probably a better inside runner than both were in college. A lot of people liked that Smith kid we have a couple years ago that ended up in Dallas, but Washington is actually a much better prospect in very much the same mold.

EDIT: n/m

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Washington reportedly ran a 4.45 and Mickens ran "somewhere in the 4.4s."

Feeney did not participate, but....

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/715622806055100417[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I also wouldn't be surprised to see a new model of Tuku at camp.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/715628150525263872[/tweet]

Says he had some packages at UW at FB and has played it since high school. Normally plays DL above 280 pounds.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
People seem to be pretty down on Feeney here but I get the same feeling with him that I got from Kikaha before his draft.

You just cannot watch a game without noticing guys like that. And regardless of the measurables, guys like that seem to produce. I get that for every Kikaha you get a few Jason Choraks. Guys that do incredibly well in college but cannot find their fit in the NFL - but you also have to acknowledge that back in Chorak's time there was very little opportunity for the tweeners, now defenses adjust to allow the tweeners to emphasize their speed/movement despite some of the lack of perfect physical size.

It is also pretty apparent, UW has had some stellar athletes come from that program - seems the guys that were not quite tier 1 as draftables could still do some damage on the right NFL team. And the Seahawks have been pretty savvy about picking up UW guys, even when the hits outnumber the misses - still easily worth the risk for the value of finding a good addition to the team.

And since the Pac-12 is a conference that throws the ball often, you get a good chance of defenders that have been exposed to those types of offenses & can deal with them.

pehawk

Reaction score
Feeney has been a Seahawk, via style, for two years now. He's my PNW draft crush.

cheese22

Reaction score
I didn't see Washington much in college but it seems pretty obvious that whoever they draft or sign will be their third-down back. Christine struggled in that role before and all the college guys being discussed on here fit the mold. Does Washington?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":1edhi7iv said:

It's a Façade. Pete's actually asking Chris about some Boise state OL that he has his eye on. :0190l:

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Tom Cable was in Boise Idaho Yesterday. Saw him at a local hotel. Must of been in town for Boise State's pro-day.

Seafan

Reaction score
Hopefully the large showing from the Hawks will make an impression on these guys after the draft. Most of them won't be drafted but perhaps they'll want to attend the Hawk's rookie camp.