What position would you take with our 1st round pick?

What position would you take with our 1st round pick?

• Offensive Tackle

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • Offensive Guard

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Defensive Tackle

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • Corner

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Safety

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wide Receiver

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Running Back

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Best Player Available (outside of QB)

Votes: 57 33.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 4.7%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
I'd go with OL but would consider DL or even RB if a top prospect slipped to us.

Largent80

Reaction score
BPA but I want a center really bad, a legit one. We could use DT, OG, and even TE.

AVL

Reaction score
Outside of quarterback? If the best player is really a quarterback, I say grab him twice.

Other meaning trade down with great deal.

Atradees

Reaction score
I would take the best center in the draft.

I like D line as is though....

Will scream at tv if we dont go Olineman

vin.couve12

Reaction score
City Of Reign":25dmsm1u said:
Rob Nkemdiche :snack:
It really isn't popular, but I think that could actually happen. If we want to improve the interior pass rush, this might actually be the pick. I realize his production doesn't match his ability, but his ability is through the roof. If he gets his ish together we probably move Rubin down to 1 and slap dude in at 3. I know Pete like Robin at 3 on run downs, but you're a much better defense if you can still get quality run defense from the 3 while also getting that pass rush potential that the 3 tech is really supposed to be able to provide.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Atradees":nsu769kh said:
I would take the best center in the draft.

I like D line as is though....

You should probably practice getting your scream on. We're set up to go BPA, whichever player they think that is.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The draft is kind of like relationships.

If you go into it needy, you're going to fail. You'll make poor choices and inevitably miss out on better prospects through impatience and desperation.

Blaze808

Reaction score
I'd choose Billings, Robinson or a Rankings. I'd love JS/PC to take advantage of this draft class with DT in rounds 1 & 2. The second round I'd love to see more of a versatile DT in Day or Bullard.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Billings, to me, is a somewhat surprising player. Usually the guys with the big bench stats have funny body types and aren't able to straff down the line and play laterally, but he can. His closing burst is also really surprising. He's a player who could challenge at both DT spots and give us some flexibility. I think he and Nkemdiche are probably the two most versatile DTs in the draft at least athletically.

That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm missing out on a Kawaan Short type player, who doesn't really blow up any one physical category. Short was a master at leverage and hand fighting and that's what makes him so good. Admittedly, I haven't gotten as deep into scouting this year as previous years.

kf3339

Reaction score
To me it has to be best OC or an OT that can also play LG. We just have to do something about our interior O-Line play this season. It often times looked like a division 3 college line trying to pass block in the NFL.

If PC and JS just don't want to look O-Line early then the only other choice is the best 3tech DT left on the board.

But I will be pissed if they neglect the interior O-Line again.

BeanieHawk

Reaction score
I'd say any position on the O-line....more specific OT, C, OG in that order.

Atradees

Reaction score
vin.couve12":29dzd3wj said:
The draft is kind of like relationships.

If you go into it needy, you're going to fail. You'll make poor choices and inevitably miss out on better prospects through impatience and desperation.

Yes, I can change that though.......

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hard to say without knowing which runs happens in front of them, but this draft is likely going to have friggin awesome DT value at the bottom of the first and top of the second.

It's a positon of need for the Hawks too.

I'd say either get knockout value on one of the DTs or reach a hair on one of the second round OGs.

Behind door three though, if available I'd say trade down. The Hawks increasingly have a depth problem and a cap problem, and stocking up on picks is the way to solve both of those problems at the same time.

chris98251

Reaction score
I went with BPA, reason being this draft isn't stacked and is likely to fall weird as teams move and trade for a QB or GM's go for a target they think is rated high disrupting the many mocks sequence's we have seen. Letting the draft come to us I think is what is going to happen anyway.

I am also thinking the players from like 15 or 20 to 45 to 50 are going to be rated pretty close and we could drop into the second with multiple picks there and the 4th or third.

nrayorr

Reaction score
Atradees":3m34xi5f said:

So will I. I like that Conklin guy out of Michigan State, but I just don't know if he'll be available by pick 26.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I don't really see many mock drafts with a Center being taken, nor do i see Center rankings with anyone getting better than a 2nd or 3rd round grade. I'm not going to pretend to know who the best Center is, but it appears as though the Hawks could grab their #1 or #2 ranked Center in the 2nd or 3rd round...maybe even 4th or 5th if they judge with weird metrics.

Because of that, it would make much more sense to trade back and pick up an extra 2nd rounder, unless the hawks see a player they really don't want to miss out on.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think you have to always approach it as taking BPA .. but I really hope the BPA happens to play on the offensive line.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
I'd go in looking first to OL but I would not reach. The Stanford guard out of puyallup would be nice in the second. Maybe a reach in the first unless he could play center too.