710 MON/TUE John Schneider w/Brock&Salk

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Clayton joins the show and gives us the latest on Colin Kaepernick. Also some suspended players such as Aldon Smith and Josh Gordon still have to be reinstated by the league. Plus, kicker talk? Thanks Jim.

Jess has a chance of winning two of her brackets, one for pride (Villanova), one for money (North Carolina). And the Mariners lose in odd fashion, giving up just 1 hit, but 6 walks, a hit batter and 2 errors. Plus, "What Did We Learn Today?"

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... nd%20Moore

The Mariners streak of opening day wins was snapped yesterday.

John Clayton joins us for his Morning Drive - Is anyone surprised that Russell Wilson is a descendant of royalty?

The NCAA title game was one of the best in recent memory, Brock & Salk break it down.

Finally, it's Blue 42 - Will Richard Sherman fill the void left by Marshawn Lynch?

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... and%20Salk

The Mariners may have lost yesterday, but there were still some Teal Linings.

Brock & Salk play some of the best sounds from the NCAA title game

. ESPN MLB Analyst Jayson Stark joins the show to discuss the Mariners loss, changing the culture of baseball in Seattle and more.

Twitter wins the rights to stream NFL Thursday Night Football games - Good News, Bad News, No News?

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Schneider on the Seahawks' offseason, upcoming event for autism support

ORIGINALLY AIRED: TUESDAY, APRIL 5, 2016

Seahawks general manager John Schneider and his wife Traci join "Brock and Salk" to discuss their annual event in support of local families with children on the autism spectrum. John Schneider also discusses the Seahawks' offseason, including the players Seattle lost in free agency as well as the upcoming draft.

AgentDib

Reaction score
A couple of mildly interesting quotes from Schneider this time.

Guard/Center group: "is a good group, better than it has been in several years. There doesn't appear to be as many dropoffs, if you will. I remember talking to you guys about Justin Britt and we felt like we needed to take Justin right where we did because there was a huge shelf there, big dropoff, so this one looks pretty consistent all the way through at this point."

Character/Mental aspect of draft picks: "I started in 92 and I've watched the social media evolve, like these guys on Twitter and Facebook and everything. I think there's just so much more out there for everybody to see that that part of the background part of it, the private investigator part, that's definitely true. When I'm ever at a school I talk to the equipment guys for sure. I want to know do they pick up their locker, do they treat everybody appropriately, do they treat the trainers right. That's kind of my shtick when I go to a school but I know that the guys who are responsible for those specific areas It's all about their teammates, and how their teammates feel about them, specific coaches, their academic advisers, and whoever you can possibly speak to. There's so many different ways to look at these guys, the hardest part is that you'll never truly know what's in a man's heart."

Pre-draft visit goals: "It's big for us. We take a lot of pride in working the 4th round down. We spend a lot of time on it, a lot of guys that have not been invited to the combine. A: Physical B: Sports Science, C: Psychology of it."

Frank Clark: "Frank's ceiling is off the charts. He's a long 270lb man and he found his way and is still finding his way. He's a young man who's had a rough upbringing but he's overcome a lot of obstacles in his life and he probably looks at his rookie year as one of those. When you look at his preseason last year you're thinking it's just about opportunity, this guy's going to take over, and he has that ability to take over games. Guys like Chris, Michael, Cliff, all the guys on the D-Line those veterans are going to be awesome for him. When you look at Cassius and the way Cassius plays with his motor these guys are different. I don't know what he's tweeting about his weight I didn't see that one."

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
John and Traci Schneider join the show to talk about the non-profit they started five years ago, naming the organization after their son Ben, who is autistic. One of their biggest sources of funding is their Ben's Fund Prime Time dinner event at El Gaucho in Bellevue.

Also, John talks a little bit about the upcoming season and what type of players they are trying to acquire during the upcoming NFL draft

In "The Eavesdrop" we listen to Jayson Stark on Brock and Salk as he lets on us know why he thinks the Mariners compare to the world champs. We end the show with the final Rock 'n Roll bracket match-up of the day and "Parting Shots."

http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 0and%20Tom