Schneider: “This is the Best Draft Since We’ve Been Here”

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Most notably, Schneider said of the 2016 draft, “Just from a numbers standpoint, this is the best draft since we’ve been here. Since 2010, sheer numbers—we usually have about 130 or 140 guys on our board, this year we’re going to have about 200, which is a lot.”

“Usually we have from 120 to 140 players on our board,” Schneider told KJR’s Mitch Levy. “2010, that was a good draft, and in our opinion, this is the best one since, just from a pure numbers standpoint. Now there’s different shelves and dips all the way throughout the draft, and this is no different in that regard, but from a pure numbers standpoint, this is a good one."
LINK

Marlin Man

Reaction score
So let's see you make 4 or 5 real GOOD picks, you obviously need help on O line, if you can't get at least one starter, shame on you

Gonna be an exciting draft for sure

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The draft is still a bit of a crap shoot. Schneider has had some extreme successes going back through his time in GB and almost makes it more of a science than it seems like, but I don't know that more than 4 rookies make the team at all and maybe one of them will be a starter this season if we're lucky. They're just rookies.

The playoff loss and loss of a few good players probably makes things seem worse than they are, but we still have good roster talent saturation.

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's hard for me to believe that they can't find at least one starter on the OL. Center, Guard or at least 1 Tackle. Also one LBer position.

Other than that we're stacked and I'd be happy with 3-4 solid rotational guys that contribute now, and end up as starters.

Sealake80

Reaction score
A comment like this from John makes me very excited. I bet they have some people on their board they REALLY love again. We're gonna get great value from unexpected players in this draft. Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seabowl

Reaction score
Translation: trade back for more picks

Erebus

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3o8pqdft said:
The draft is still a bit of a crap shoot. Schneider has had some extreme successes going back through his time in GB and almost makes it more of a science than it seems like, but I don't know that more than 4 rookies make the team at all and maybe one of them will be a starter this season if we're lucky. They're just rookies.

The playoff loss and loss of a few good players probably makes things seem worse than they are, but we still have good roster talent saturation.

I disagree with only four making the team. A DT, C, G, LB, RB, and Dan Vitale will all make the team. So that's six right there.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":360z9qs1 said:
HawkFan72":360z9qs1 said:
No excuses then if they can't get some help in the areas they need it.

Ditto.

He just raised the bar for success/fail.

That bar has been raised since 2012.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I'll be stoked if all the mediots give Schneider a "D" on his draft again. I love all the backtracking those guys had to do two years later.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Mediots, that's great, lol. They are still bactracking on previous grades. It's to the point, they just give him an a or b plus and wait til later to make their final judgment. They don't want to makeat that mistake again.

Marlin Man

Reaction score
Really don't want to see us taking a guy at 26 that we cudda got at 75 and then be told that they were so excited he ws still on the board. Have seent hat happen a couple times now.

Yes 2010 was a hell of a draft, but can you really say we have had a great (great hell, even a GOOD) draft since? Over reaching several times

They need to NAIL it this time, I have a feeling they will be trading 1st rounder for a 2nd and 3rd from someone who just HAS to have their guy!

If we do NOT get an Oline starter from this draft we are flat out gonna be an AVERAGE club that is getting "older"

BUT, I do have faith in JS & PC to NAIL ythis draft- I think they know it IS time to do so!

M.M.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1kl96lvj said:
bjornanderson21":1kl96lvj said:
HawkFan72":1kl96lvj said:

Ditto.

The bar had been lowered after the bad drafts of 2013 and 2014.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":2xxtem5c said:
Hasselbeck":2xxtem5c said:
bjornanderson21":2xxtem5c said:
HawkFan72":2xxtem5c said:

Ditto.

The bar had been lowered after the bad drafts of 2013 and 2014.
A lot of that was due to roster talent saturation. It's harder for rooks to make the team over indoctrinated existing players who are still very talented even if they haven't gotten their shot.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Erebus":310jjdt6 said:
vin.couve12":310jjdt6 said:

I disagree with only four making the team. A DT, C, G, LB, RB, and Dan Vitale will all make the team. So that's six right there.
On paper I would agree with you. I thought the same in 2013 and 2014 though too. Maybe 4 is conservative, but I'm not holding my breath with expectations about it.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Marlin Man":3g2jrdov said:
Yes 2010 was a hell of a draft, but can you really say we have had a great (great hell, even a GOOD) draft since?

Last year. Put the bottle down.

vin.couve12

Reaction score

• 2015 - SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
    RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
    2 63 Frank Clark DE Michigan
    3 69 Tyler Lockett WR Kansas State
    4 130 Terry Poole T San Diego State
    4 134 Mark Glowinski G West Virginia
    5 170 Tye Smith CB Towson
    6 209 Obum Gwacham DE Oregon State
    6 214 Kristjan Sokoli DT Buffalo
    7 248 Ryan Murphy DB Oregon State
    2014 - SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
    2 45 Paul Richardson WR Colorado
    2 64 Justin Britt T Missouri
    4 108 Cassius Marsh DE UCLA
    4 123 Kevin Norwood WR Alabama
    4 132 Kevin Pierre-Louis OLB Boston College
    5 172 Jimmy Staten DT Middle Tennessee State
    6 199 Garrett Scott T Marshall
    6 208 Eric Pinkins DB San Diego State
    7 227 Kiero Small FB Arkansas
    2013 - SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
    2 62 Christine Michael RB Texas A&M
    3 87 Jordan Hill DT Penn State
    4 123 Chris Harper WR Kansas State
    5 137 Jesse Williams DT Alabama
    5 138 Tharold Simon CB LSU
    5 158 Luke Willson TE Rice
    6 194 Spencer Ware RB LSU
    7 220 Ryan Seymour OG Vanderbilt
    7 231 Ty Powell LB Harding
    7 241 Jared Smith DT New Hampshire
    7 242 Michael Bowie OT Northeastern State (Okla.)