Sunday Ticket for this year?

Largent80

Reaction score
In years past it has paid off to have it, but with the schedule laden with prime time games do y'all think it's prudent to spend the cash?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
For the first time in 5 years, I won't have it. I work Sundays now, and will NFL rewind the games.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Prudent? No.

Will I probably still do it? Yes.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Three of the five primetime games are subject to being flexed out of primetime. I will be saving $230 by just getting game rewind for this year. With Sunday ticket, you can't go back and rewatch games during the off season lull unless you have used all of your dvr space and recorded the games.

If Directv ever got smart and added single team packages, I would buy that. I don't really care for paying the high amount just to get every game. Who wants to pay for Brown's or Titans games?

A

Anonymous

I'm still going to do it, because I like to bounce around watching other team's games, either before, or after ours.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Really wish the NFL had something comparable to MLB.tv .. they are so far behind the MLB and NBA on digital streaming. Part of the reason why they had the London game on Yahoo last year and TNF on Twitter this year. But I would be perfectly fine having a Sunday Ticket streaming service that was reliable. What they have now is complete dog poo.

I'll be keeping my Sunday Ticket simply for the fact that while there are 7 games right now slotted to be nationally televised (the Packers and Cardinals games are both FOX's National Game of the week) .. the other 9 are very likely not going to be televised where I live now. So it puts me in a bind.

Curse you DirecTV. Curse you.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I go to a sports bar in walking distance from my house and have Gamepass to watch it later if i miss out.

Works for me, but not everyone can go to bars.

mikeak

Reaction score
Every other year I call and say I am thinking about cancelling direct TV. Every time they say that if I sign a new 2 year contract then they will give it to me for free. So I sign a new 2 year contract

Then every other year (where I still have a year left on the contract) I call and say I am going to cancel Sunday Ticket and they give me a good discount on that. If they ever don't offer the discount then I will honestly not renew it so that one is not a lie

So it feels like I pay about $250-$300 if I recall every other year for Sunday ticket. That is $125 / year - pretty cheap if you ask me

Separately I am completely opposite of the OP. The more prime time games the more valuable ST is. That means I will be free to watch ST games and not local broadcast of the Hawks

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
^ I don't watch very many other games than Seattle, which is the ONLY reason I get it, to watch live.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I know a guy, that has a buddy, that knows a different guy :{)

It seems that DTV is making a big (unadvertised) push to retain customers.
They actually have a "customer retention" Dept.

I've heard :{) that if you say the right thing to a costumer service rep, they will transfer you to the retention Dept.
"I've heard"that you should not ask for the customer retention Dept.
I won't make any promises but "I've heard" the retention Dept are authorized to reduces bills, give free premium channels and/ or FREE NFL SUNDAY TICKET.

YMMV.
Use this info/tactic at your our risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
UK Gamepass is great. All the games live and an archive of 5 years. Streamed NFL network and an archive of their shows Hard Knocks and A Football Story type stuff. The subscription lasts one year or less if you take it out later in the year.

Fantasy football built in on Xbox with extras like replays of important plays with x and o breakdowns.

I personally mostly watch redzone if the Seahawks aren't playing and i like I can pick specific games if they pique my interest.

Downsides are cost, it's about 200 bucks for the season and games that are being shown on UK TV are blacked out for 24 hours. This isn't a problem for me as I have access to Sky TV who show the games in the UK.

This post is probably no use to many reading this thread. I however have learned all I need to know about the USA based on your adverts...

We are Farmers bum bum de bump bum bum.

soohawk

Reaction score
@UK: hahaha that and aaron rodgers discount double check's eh!

for 3$/month extra on my cable package i get what is called a "timezone package" which provides me with spokane's fox and cbs channels. If you live in canada call up shaw and set it up. I know i know you all mostly in the states or overseas but i figured i'd help out a canuck or two if they were reading this thread.

Relying on regular broadcasts is painfully difficult because they rarely show the hawks where i live

Hawks46

Reaction score
Basis4day":w47y8cn5 said:
I go to a sports bar in walking distance from my house and have Gamepass to watch it later if i miss out.

Yea I do the same thing. Problem is, the first half, and the first part of the 4th quarter is expensive, as I start drinking heavily. I did a cost analysis of last year, and I would've saved about $300 if I bought my own beer and stayed home.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawks46":50zp8meu said:
Basis4day":50zp8meu said:

Yea I do the same thing. Problem is, the first half, and the first part of the 4th quarter is expensive, as I start drinking heavily. I did a cost analysis of last year, and I would've saved about $300 if I bought my own beer and stayed home.

Can get that way. Though at the place i go the hawks fans have a superstition about only drinking bottled bud light in the 4th quarter. That helps keep the cost down a bit.

And it's more a local kind of place. Prices are reasonable.

Since i'm in Niner country we get at least 2 games and it works out that i usually get 3 out of market Hawks games plus SNF or MNF. Sports bar is still cost effective.

I do need to check out Bill McNally's in Rockridge (in North Oakland, nice area).

O

BeanieHawk

Reaction score
Sometimes you can get a discount from DTV by asking for the "early bird" special for the ticket...I would call sooner than later though.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
unless you want to watch other teams what is the point? I get every Seahawks game. Watching the Browns play is of no interest. I do get sick of watching the Pats, Broncs, and Steelers though...

Basis4day

Reaction score
Cyrus12":34ofi9lz said:
unless you want to watch other teams what is the point? I get every Seahawks game. Watching the Browns play is of no interest. I do get sick of watching the Pats, Broncs, and Steelers though...

It's heavily advertised for fans who live out of market.

crosfam

Reaction score
I live several states away (get Denver and Dallas on free TV most weeks). I have had Sunday Ticket 10 years just to watch Seahawks games. I kind of wince whenever they are on free TV! I wish I could PPV games as desired instead - seems that could make the NFL some $$ that way.

Also hate that they charge extra for the rezone channel. That was my channel of choice when the Hawks were not playing, but I cut it to save like 6 bucks a month.