Buried in the Browner thread: - But important, I think.

King Dog

Reaction score
Former New Orleans Saints cornerback Brandon Browner played through a torn MCL last season, he revealed on his Instagram account Wednesday.

Browner took a helmet to his knee during the preseason opener against the Ravens on Aug. 13 and left the game on a cart. He missed the final three preseason games with the injury, which was described as "not serious" at the time.

http://media.nola.com/saints_impact/pho ... eb51fb.jpg

Love BB's nasty attitude. Hopefully he has some juice left.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Tough dude. I like this better than the Carey Williams signing. Atleast BB has experience in this system. I also believe that if healthy, the rest of the L.O.B will pull the best out of him. I think that on top of the injury, the state of the rest of new Orleans defense played a role in him being bad last year. He played on good defenses for the hawks and pats, and was effective. Hope this works and he is the starter again.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Totally subliminal thread title. For some reason I thought "man in the box" in skimming over thread (not reading them entirely).

I love the signing though and it goes without saying he's a tough SOB. I remember in the Mike Rob vids, younger dudes would act like he was their mean dad when he was around.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I approve of this signing. Looking forward to seeing what he still has left in the tank. If nothing, it's ok, we move on. If something, we got a bargain.

Cartire

Reaction score
I'll be happy if he ups everyone else's game during training camp and preseason. I just dont see him starting. You don't get speed back and quickness back overtime. Thats something that you lose no matter what. He's not bouncing back from his last year and looking like 2012 again. And if he does.., it means that lane and everyone else, are not the CB's we were hoping for.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
He'd better pick off Tom Brady on a slant at the 2-yard line. In the Super Bowl.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I wonder if members of the D rallied JS and Browner to get this done like they did Clemons.

Also, i havent gotten through the other thread but Browner does have experience within the AFC North and NFC South. Both divisions are on the schedule. Knowledge and familarity has value. In this case, twice fold.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I love that the original LOB is back.

:th2thumbs:

Rocket

Reaction score
I love this move !

Swagger. Attitude. Strength. Drive. Three massive blocks in one play.

I love this move !!!

Heyseed

Reaction score
BRING THE BOOM!

Welcome back Mr. Browner :th2thumbs:

Davidess

Reaction score
I like the move just for the fact he will give a physical presence for the WRs to go against and the young CBs to learn from during TC. I don't think he makes the roster compared to Clemons who has a higher chance IMO.

themunn

Reaction score
Cartire":1fd9gkqs said:
I'll be happy if he ups everyone else's game during training camp and preseason. I just dont see him starting. You don't get speed back and quickness back overtime. Thats something that you lose no matter what. He's not bouncing back from his last year and looking like 2012 again. And if he does.., it means that lane and everyone else, are not the CB's we were hoping for.

You don't lose length or strength either.
Browner was never quick and never needed to be.

Cartire

Reaction score
themunn":21wnhwu0 said:
Cartire":21wnhwu0 said:

Compared to ther cbs, sure he wasn't that quick. But he was still quick enough and yes you have to be as a CB. By your analogy, a lineman could play CB. Browner has lost to many steps.

Largent80

Reaction score
Rocket":1ordrraj said:
I love this move !

Swagger. Attitude. Strength. Drive. Three massive blocks in one play.

I love this move !!!

Jethro Tull has a song...Living in the Past.

themunn

Reaction score
Cartire":3nyp0h41 said:
themunn":3nyp0h41 said:
Cartire":3nyp0h41 said:

Compared to ther cbs, sure he wasn't that quick. But he was still quick enough and yes you have to be as a CB. By your analogy, a lineman could play CB. Browner has lost to many steps.

Or perhaps he just tore his meniscus as his been suggested?

I did the same just three weeks ago and whilst I can go out running on it now (I could barely walk for a week after it) there's no way I could hit my top speed.

edogg23

Reaction score
I love how people said Brandon Browner was slow when he was on the seahawks, yet he was able to run down Adrian Peterson from behind and save a touchdown. He may be big and not as agile as some corners, but the dude was never slow.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm shocked we'd bring him back. hopefully his idiotic drug days are behind him. But more to the point I'm sure why we need him back. I think Shead and Lane did a good job last year. I think those 2 with Smith, and Simon give us pretty good depth. I don't know why we would want him back.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":q11r0j5b said:
Totally subliminal thread title. For some reason I thought "man in the box" in skimming over thread (not reading them entirely).

I love the signing though and it goes without saying he's a tough SOB. I remember in the Mike Rob vids, younger dudes would act like he was their mean dad when he was around.

I thought it was the "Man with No Box." Maybe that's just me.. :p

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1htsmo08 said:
I wonder if members of the D rallied JS and Browner to get this done like they did Clemons.

Also, i havent gotten through the other thread but Browner does have experience within the AFC North and NFC South. Both divisions are on the schedule. Knowledge and familarity has value. In this case, twice fold.
Fwiw, the AFC alternating division we play this year is the AFC East... not the AFC North.

xgeoff

Reaction score
I like this signing. I don't think Browner would make a good starting CB, regardless of his injury situation at New Orleans. But I do like his versatility. He can be a big safety, or a small linebacker. Or a CB in a pinch. He's physical. His contract holds little to no risk. I like it.