Backup QB

seabowl

Reaction score
Just curious who everyone thanks our backup QB will be this year? I think T-Jack is done and not sure who is out there for the spot.

Davidess

Reaction score
I think it will be Tjack and they will draft a younger developmental guy to sit for a year. Tjack will be it though IMO. Possibly Simms that's on the roster currently. Remember liking him during the AZ preseason.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I liked Simms last year during the preseason for the Cards. He's more in the mold of Russ and He's a lot more elusive than T-Jack, and you need that with our O-line woes.

McGruff

Reaction score
Jackson will be back. He's everything you want in a backup. Capable, intelligent, supportive, experienced.

A

Anonymous

McGruff":27bknikp said:
Jackson will be back. He's everything you want in a backup. Capable, intelligent, supportive, experienced.

/\ This.

Last time I checked, T-Jack still has that arm too.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Hope it is t jack. But I also think t jack is better than a lot of "starters" in the league. I would not be surprised at all to see someone pick him up.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Vernon Adams. I remain hopeful we can get him as an UDFA or late round pick. He's russell Wilson's clone

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1msx0y3g said:
Vernon Adams. I remain hopeful we can get him as an UDFA or late round pick. He's russell Wilson's clone

Minus the big hands.

I think Boykin might be the better player.

Basis4day

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2nd7ajz1 said:
Jerhawk":2nd7ajz1 said:

Minus the big hands.

Has Adams ever played in a huddle?

Besides being short and athletic i don't get the Russell Wilson comparisons at all.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I like the idea of Tarvaris being our Charlie Batch-like security blanket the next 2 or 3 years. He knows our system like the back of his hand, has been a good mentor to Russ and could step in if needed for a few weeks without things getting chaotic. He's the requisite backup that good teams covet

kearly

Reaction score
From 2012-2014 the team was built around Lynch. Now, it is built around the QB. Finding a backup who has a chance to be a plus starter should be a priority for Seattle. At this point I think Tjack is probably replacement level at best.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2h7ym6ek said:
UK_Seahawk":2h7ym6ek said:
Jerhawk":2h7ym6ek said:

Minus the big hands.

Besides being short and athletic i don't get the Russell Wilson comparisons at all.

Good points. Marcus mariota didn't play in a college huddle at Oregon and did fine running a pro style offense with Tennessee.

I think the comparisons to wilson outside of their stature is their ability to tilt the field in their favor. They both have great vision, awareness and a command of the offense. Biggest question mark for Vernon would be his durability. He got knocked around a bit with Oregon. The fact that he was able to compete against pac-12 schools while at EWU shows that he can ball.

I'm honestly surprised that T Jack hasn't signed anywhere. Idk if he's getting offers or what's going on. More than likely he'll probably just wind up back here again but we'll see

Basis4day

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2ej54lxz said:
Basis4day":2ej54lxz said:
UK_Seahawk":2ej54lxz said:
Jerhawk":2ej54lxz said:

Minus the big hands.

Good points. Marcus mariota didn't play in a college huddle at Oregon and did fine running a pro style offense with Tennessee.

I think the comparisons to wilson outside of their stature is their ability to tilt the field in their favor. They both have great vision, awareness and a command of the offense. Biggest question mark for Vernon would be his durability. He got knocked around a bit with Oregon. The fact that he was able to compete against pac-12 schools while at EWU shows that he can ball.

I'm honestly surprised that T Jack hasn't signed anywhere. Idk if he's getting offers or what's going on. More than likely he'll probably just wind up back here again but we'll see

I have nothing against Adams. I just don't find him to be a clone of Wilson. Their skills and abilities pre-draft just seem completely different.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/722142060489220096[/tweet]

Something to keep an eye on

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Basis4day":13ggtef0 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/722142060489220096[/tweet]

Something to keep an eye on
Bring him back and let him and Sims battle for the back up QB position.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":44vm8cq8 said:
Hope it is t jack. But I also think t jack is better than a lot of "starters" in the league. I would not be surprised at all to see someone pick him up.

THIS

Jerhawk":44vm8cq8 said:

AND THIS :th2thumbs:

There are some similarities with Russ and Vernon. Like moving around in the backfield to buy time, then firing a bomb down the field.

xgeoff

Reaction score
Jerhawk":iyeai2x7 said:

I agree. I even recently saw him on a show with Steve Mariucci and Kurt Warner where they put him and a couple of other QB's through some drills. I like the kid and i think his style would make him a perfect understudy for Russ.