RB Giavanni Ruffin announces signing/camp invite w/ Seahawks

shawnsim

Reaction score
Love him already. Obviously a young man who never gave up on being great.
I appreciate heart.
This means something to him.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Interesting.....where's he been the last 5 years?

McGruff

Reaction score
I think I have a new favorite player. Can my rookie of the year be 27 years old and five years out of college.?

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
He's one of Kam's personal trainers, they know each other from the being from the Chesapeake, VA area. I wouldn't get too jazzed over this one.

Davidess

Reaction score
Just a camp body. Not too excited about him but hes got good size.

cover-2

Reaction score
He looks like an explosive player in his highlight video.

[youtube]Nes7yfrG-x4[/youtube]

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets in the habit of scoring a lot of long TD runs so we can say "He's Ruff-Housin' it!!!" :thirishdrinkers:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Yes!! This is great. I love this guy. He's an inspirational guy with a gritty, grind-it-out approach to life. Has a clothing line based on a very famous inspirational video posted on YouTube of him working out with an Eric Thomas speech dubbed over it.

I'm looking forward to this kid competing in camp. Real 3rd down back potential here, I think.

McGruff

Reaction score
Davidess":1bzp2s42 said:
Just a camp body. Not too excited about him but hes got good size.

Oh, I agree. But I'm a suckered for a good story, and this is as good as it gets.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Kicked off of team after numerous violations and arrests with little production in college.

sounds like a Pete and John guy.

he has 0 chance of sticking.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
This is a video of Giavanni Ruffin with a speech by Eric Thomas, better known as The Hip Hop Preacher, over the top of the video.

If you don't get chills watching this video, you have no pulse.

[youtube]T3QJGR5K4oA[/youtube]

Skansi82

Reaction score
Inspiring video, but I think he's a longshot at best. His speed/footwork looks impressive, but imagine what Christine Michael would look like doing the exact same drills. I wish him luck regardless....

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Definitely one to watch. To much trouble early in life set him back and it appears he learned from it. It very well may be to late at this point but if he really has that work ethic he is preaching and has learned his life lessons then maybe, just maybe he still has a chance.

Very long shot but the Rawls went undrafted too so it's not like some don't beat the odds.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Man, talk about what appears to be a guy who wasted his shot years ago and only realized it too late. Then again, perhaps he can make it. I'm certainly rooting for him.

And look at him! He has very nice size, power, explosiveness, and a bit of shifty too. Reminds me a bit of someone. Setting his age aside, he looks like a Seahawk.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
A lot of attitude being brought back to this team. It definitely seemed like something that was missing the last year.