Roster Numbers up at .Com

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
http://www.seahawks.com/team/roster

Mostly just role players -- and I think they've got some duplicates still to fix, but still fun to look at if you're a roster nut.

J'Marcus Webb #73.

Browner gets his #39 back!

Frank Clark is now a LB!

They gave #22 away so that suggests Fred Jackson is not coming back. No surprise, but confirmation.

Basis4day

Reaction score
They also have Marsh as a LB now. I believe that move was public. He was listed as a DE in Feb.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
So it looks like it's a three way battle to replace Irvin at LEO between marsh, clark and Clemons? Or am I reading this wrong

Hawknballs

Reaction score
we were already kind of a 3-4 in a lot of ways, I wonder if now that mebane is gone we are going to lean even heavier in that direction. it would probably make a lot of sense based on how much better we are at finding LB/lighter DE talent than DT ..admittedly because we haven't needed too with mebane being so solid.

next question would be if we are going to more heavy 3-4, will we be blitzing more, since that's usually the case..but somehow I doubt it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3oz4auta said:
we were already kind of a 3-4 in a lot of ways, I wonder if now that mebane is gone we are going to lean even heavier in that direction. it would probably make a lot of sense based on how much better we are at finding LB/lighter DE talent than DT ..admittedly because we haven't needed too with mebane being so solid.

It will make more sense after the draft. Keep in mind that Nickel is the new base defense in the NFL so that affects who your "starters" on D-Line will be. They really like Rubin and DT isn't a very sexy position. A lot of time their job is to just eat space. Your Aaron Donalds Watts and Suh's are rare and interior pass rush is hard to find.

I will say on a personal level i'm kinda annoyed that the DEs we draft keep getting moved to LB (Irvin, Clark, Marsh).

Hawknballs":3oz4auta said:
next question would be if we are going to more heavy 3-4, will we be blitzing more, since that's usually the case..but somehow I doubt it.

I don't think we'll blitz more. Bradley almost never did and Quinn did just enough. That range is Carroll's ideal.

Basis4day

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":vs6mhpfu said:
Basis4day":vs6mhpfu said:
They also have Marsh as a LB now. I believe that move was public. He was listed as a DE in Feb.

Maybe he will do SOMETHING (anything) as an LB. He hasn't done squat since we drafted him.

I think he came on really strong on special teams. Pete values that a lot.

kobebryant

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":28gvnfcg said:
Basis4day":28gvnfcg said:

Maybe he will do SOMETHING (anything) as an LB. He hasn't done squat since we drafted him.

I disagree. I thought he came on really strong as a core special teams player last season.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
kobebryant":1vesydgp said:
FlyingGreg":1vesydgp said:
Basis4day":1vesydgp said:

I disagree. I thought he came on really strong as a core special teams player last season.

Special teams yes. I would like to see some defensive plays too.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Definitely interesting to see Clark and Marsh officially listed solely at LB. Converting either or both to SLB will be a big project, as they adjust to dropping in coverage and playing in space.

Other positions of note:

* Josh Shirley is listed only at DE, even though would seem to have some of the attributes to compete at SLB.

* Douglas McNeil is again listed as a WR after being converted to CB last year.

* DeShawn Shead is listed generally as a DB.

* J'Marcus Webb and Terry Poole are listed only at T.

* Justin Britt is listed only at G, after Carroll said during his season-ending press conference that they needed to "figure out" whether Britt was better suited at LG or RT.

* Kristjan Sokoli is listed at both "C/G." He is the only player who received a positional slash.

* This is currently no FB on the roster.

It's still extremely early, but this gives us at least somewhat of a gist of what the team foresees happening this year.

penihawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":74j9fyvu said:
kobebryant":74j9fyvu said:
FlyingGreg":74j9fyvu said:
Basis4day":74j9fyvu said:

Special teams yes. I would like to see some defensive plays too.

I think he elevates his play on D this year.

McGruff

Reaction score
I think Marsh gets a bad rap because he is now infamous for being "almost there." He's a guys who gets a lot of pressures but for some reason is almost always a half step short of a sack, or so out of control he can't finish the tackle. But those pressures matter. He also makes quite a few plays on the running game behind the LOS and through hustle on the opposite side of the field.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
No number 24. Not a surprise or anything, but interesting since he hasn't "officially" retired.

-bsd

vin.couve12

Reaction score
A lot of new height and weight listings are posted.

Baldwin up to 192 pounds
Britt down to 315
Kam down to 225
Clark down to 260
Gilliam up to315
Glow up to 310
Jordan Hill down to 290
Marsh down to 245
Patrick Lewis up to 305 (only a slight change from 304 I think?)
Douglas McNeil up to 210
Mike Morgan up to 235
Terry Poole DOWN to 300 from 321
Rubin down to 310
Kona Schwenke at 315 from 285
Shead down to 212
Ronnie Shields up to 245
Sealver Siliga UP to 345
Wagner 245

Might have missed someone, but this is cool. Players never stay at what they're drafted at one way or the other.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Browner's listed weight changed one whole pound to 220. I remember a few years ago when he was here, Pete said he was down to 206. Who knows....

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Gilliam up to 315 lbs seems like a good sign if true. He looked a little light last season.

At his new weight . . .

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Garry_Gilliam/status/715986531274596352[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Garry_Gilliam/status/715985690652123136[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Garry_Gilliam/status/719721378472001538[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had a feeling that he would be our LT of the future last offseason. Those arrows just keep pointing up.

I am still curious as to if Marsh is going to give up #91 and what number he'll be if so.