Bens Fund event raises $675,000 toward Autism

Rotak2

Reaction score
Haven't seen this posted yet, but Thursday night the Schneiders held their annual celebrity waiter event raising money to help families dealing with autism. Ben and Tracy Schneider started a foundation, Bens Fund, named after their son who has autism. Over 2 dozen Seahawk players and coaches donated their time and efforts making this their biggest haul yet, raising over $675,000. In the 5 years since originating this event, the Schneiders and our Hawks have raised over 2 million dollars to help families in need.

As a father with a young son with autism, I cannot tell you how awesome this is. A few years ago we were able to get a grant for $1000 to help with anesthesia for my sons dental work. Their was no other way for the dentist to even look in his mouth. For players and coaches to donate their time, not just write a check to contribute, speaks wonders of the family this team has become. Key players at this years event were RW, Wags, Tyler Lockett, Jimmy , Kam, Housch, Jon Ryan and Gary Gilliam.

If interested, check out this link to this years event which was held at El Gouchos in Bellevue.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/04/22 ... pectations

sutz

Reaction score
Cool story, bro. :th2thumbs:

Familiar list of guys there that are always doing this kind of stuff.

Oh, and best wishes to your family, too. :229031_grouphug:

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
There are also still some signed items on the Seahawks auction site, with proceeds going to his fund.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That is absolutely awesome!

On a side note, is that you Kyle? If so, good to have you back man. :th2thumbs:

OP
OP
R

Rotak2

Reaction score
No, this is Kyle's dad. Long time lurker, thought I'd finally post something.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Awesome effort by all involved in that fundraiser. Its good to see people putting in a lot of time and money towards a worthy goal.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Rotak2":3pf02s15 said:
No, this is Kyle's dad. Long time lurker, thought I'd finally post something.

Welcome to .NET. We miss Kyle's draft breakdown's. Hope he is doing well. Ray

drdiags

Reaction score
Yeah, welcome Kyle's dad. First thing I thought when I saw Rotak was thinking your son was posting again. Best to your family