Assign Pre-Draft Grades to Current Seahawks

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Starting tomorrow evening, a whole new wave of players will be labeled by a draft status that will forever be mentioned along with their accomplishments. A "bust" will be called such because of his 1st-round status; an All-Pro will become such "despite" being a day 3 pick.

Grahamhawker pointed out that Earl Thomas is the only 1st rounder on the Seahawks. What if we could go back in time knowing what we know? Disregard the strengths and weaknesses, plateaus and cliffs of previous years' classes. Take into account what these players have accomplished and what they could mean to the Seahawks. Given that, in what round would you expect these guys to have been drafted?

Examples: Sherman and Wilson would clearly be 1st rounders, as indicated with the 1. To me, guys like KJ and Doug presently look like they "should" have been 2nd rounders. But YMMV, so... have at it. And try it without looking up where guys were actually drafted. More fun that way.

PS: I only listed players who have contributed or veterans expected to compete for a role. If I missed some hidden gems, add 'em.

Clark, Frank - DE - 2
Glowinski, Mark - G - 3
Lockett, Tyler - WR -1
Poole, Terry - T - 5
Rawls, Thomas - RB - 1
Smith, Kevin - WR - U
Smith, Tye - CB - ?
Sokoli, Kristjan - C/G - ?
Williams, Kasen - WR - U

Britt, Justin - G - 4
Coyle, Brock - LB - 7
Gilliam, Garry - T - 2
Jean-Baptiste, Stanley - CB - ?
Marsh, Cassius - DE - 5
Pierre-Louis, Kevin - LB - 5
Pinkins, Eric - LB - U
Richardson, Paul - WR - 4
Seisay, Mohammed - CB - ?

Burley, Marcus - CB - 4
Francis, A.J. - DT - ?
Hill, Jordan - DT - 5
Lewis, Patrick - C - 3
McCray, Kelcie - SS - 4
Michael, Christine - RB - 6
Simon, Tharold - CB - ?
Terrell, Steven - FS - ?
Willson, Luke - TE - 2

Helfet, Cooper - TE - 5
Kearse, Jermaine - WR - 2
Lane, Jeremy - CB - 2
Nowak, Drew - C - 7
Shead, DeShawn - CB - 3
Sowell, Bradley - T - ?
Wagner, Bobby - LB - 1
Wilson, Russell - QB - 1

Baldwin, Doug - WR - 2
Morgan, Mike - LB - 4
Sherman, Richard - CB - 1
Siliga, Sealver - DT - ?
Wright, K.J. - LB - 2

Browner, Brandon - CB - 3
Chancellor, Kam - SS - 1
Graham, Jimmy - TE - 1
Thomas, Earl - FS - 1
Webb, J'Marcus - T - ?

Bennett, Michael - DE - 1

Avril, Cliff - DE - 1
Hauschka, Steven - K - 5
Rubin, Ahtyba - DT - 2

Ryan, Jon - P - 7

Clemons, Chris - DE - 2

For me, there are 10 first-round talents on the current Seahawks roster, based on how they have performed in their NFL careers. 8 second-rounders.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nice write up, now having said that these guys are going to read it and go right to John and say on .Net even our own fans think we should get more money :)

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
chris98251":2pye0kp1 said:
Nice write up, now having said that these guys are going to read it and go right to John and say on .Net even our own fans think we should get more money :)
:lol: If Kam flip-flops and holds out this year, I'll take the blame. :lol:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Perhaps the real questions is not "How many 1st-round selections are on the roster?"

but rather, "How many on the roster at playing at a 1st-round level?"

As stated in the other thread- it has a lot to do with draft-skill and player development.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They are all 7th rounders or UDFAs..... :sarcasm_off: :twisted:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Nice work. I think Clark even with his small sample size would be a 1 and I would have Baldwin as a 1. Probably a little lower on guys like Gilliam, Lewis and Kearse.

Ruminator

Reaction score
In your rankings, the offensive line guys drafted in:
  • 2015 are 5, 3, and "?"
    2014 are 4, 2
    2013 is 3
    2012 are 7, "?"
The guys we drafted prior to 2014 that would have been in the 1/2 range have been snapped up by other teams in FA. (Although, 2 is probably the highest any of them would have ranked. Unger, Carpenter, Okung...)

I guess we need to continue to hope that guys like Poole, Glowinski, and Britt make significant improvements. This year would be a good time.

pehawk

Reaction score
Cool thread idea, Sweetie. Thank you.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Great thread idea. It would be interesting to compare this to assessments of all the teams.

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
austinslater25":osk5dxyo said:
Nice work. I think Clark even with his small sample size would be a 1 and I would have Baldwin as a 1. Probably a little lower on guys like Gilliam, Lewis and Kearse.
Fair points. Baldwin regularly steps up for every opportunity he gets. With more looks last season he definitely played like a 1st round guy. It feels like Clark should get more snaps this year.

OP
OP
HawkAroundTheClock

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
Ruminator":1q4er76t said:
In your rankings, the offensive line guys drafted in:
  • 2015 are 5, 3, and "?"
    2014 are 4, 2
    2013 is 3
    2012 are 7, "?"
The guys we drafted prior to 2014 that would have been in the 1/2 range have been snapped up by other teams in FA. (Although, 2 is probably the highest any of them would have ranked. Unger, Carpenter, Okung...)

I guess we need to continue to hope that guys like Poole, Glowinski, and Britt make significant improvements. This year would be a good time.
Good points. Man, if we could just see 3 linemen perform at a 2nd round level – at the same time – this team would destroy the league.