Seahawks waive QB Phillip Sims

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Leaves them with 1 QB on the roster.

In other words, expect one to be drafted or signed in UDFA (cough Vernon Adams cough) this weekend.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/725796057708261376[/tweet]

HawkGA

Reaction score
McGruff":5scrlj4k said:
Trading for Colin Kaepernick.

What picks do you think the Hawks will get for agreeing to take him????

crosfam

Reaction score
I think they are definitely going to do something here tonight. I think they draft somebody, I like Hogan from Stanford - I think he will be a solid #2QB for somebody, and a maybe starter. Also the kid from TCU who got into trouble - maybe they get him in the 7th. Maybe we sign BJ Daniels back.

Also some teams will jettison decent guys after the draft - Geno Smith or EJ Manuel, etc.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
This move will have zero bearing on the Hawks using a draft pick on a QB. Tarvaris Jackson is still likely to be re-signed, BJ Daniels could be brought back as a QB, and there will be plenty of QB's available to be signed as UDFA's (never mind the existing street FA's). Seattle could certainly draft a QB on Day 3 if the right one is available at the right spot, but cutting Phillip Sims will not be an influencing factor.

crosfam

Reaction score
crosfam":u0kismtl said:
I think they are definitely going to do something here tonight. I think they draft somebody, I like Hogan from Stanford - I think he will be a solid #2QB for somebody, and a maybe starter. Also the kid from TCU who got into trouble - maybe they get him in the 7th. Maybe we sign BJ Daniels back.

Also some teams will jettison decent guys after the draft - Geno Smith or EJ Manuel, etc.

Sorry, I meant this weekend... not Thursday night. Most likely RDs 3-7. if not, then we get a cast-off with some promise still, like Manuel, Geno Smith, or Foles, who would go for a day three pick (or be free if cut).

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Johnny Money in Seattle. Real cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk