Germain ifedi post draft Skype call..

2_0_6

Reaction score
[youtube]hw8agpCOR5E[/youtube]

For those who are "embed savvy" please feel free to do your magic.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Also here's the Schneider/Carroll explanation of the pick. Unsurprisingly, they see him as being a RT.

[youtube]DgYO2NePm2I[/youtube]

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Interesting, Pete says they view him as a right tackle. That means they must plan on moving Gilliam over to the left side.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3beo37s6 said:
Interesting, Pete says they view him as a right tackle. That means they must plan on moving Gilliam over to the left side.

That's consistent on what we've been hearing. The hope is that Gilliam does well against the speed rush he would get at LT. RT gets more power.

OP
OP
2_0_6

2_0_6

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2adqqu3l said:

Which means J'Marcus Webb now slides inside?

McGruff

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":jrpqobq9 said:
Natethegreat":jrpqobq9 said:

Ifedi is going to have to beat out Webb . . . And vice versa.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Natethegreat":3sfd2xua said:

Cable called Gilliam during free agency and pretty much told Gilliam he was the guy at LT and was going to compete with Sowell.

Gilliams been training since then on his LT technique.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
McGruff":3i34bap0 said:
Hawk_Nation":3i34bap0 said:
Natethegreat":3i34bap0 said:

Exactly. Compete to earn. However the verstality is nice to have... Webb and Ifedi both can push Britt at LG if one if them anchors RT.

Although im sure Seahawks will draft an OG and OC to put everyone on thier toes and really push the threshold of competition and churn out the best.

sutz

Reaction score
We have some young OL talent that hasn't played much yet. They added a couple of FA vets. Now Ifedi, and the draft isn't over. Looks like typical Pete. Identify a need, get a bunch of guys together to compete, best players stay around.

I like it. :)

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'll be shocked if Britt is a starter at any spot on the line next year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Starters: LT Gilliam, LG Britt, C Lewis, RG Glowinski, RT Ifedi
Bench: Sowell (T), Webb (G/T)
Inactives: Sokoli (G/C), Poole (T)
Practice Squad: Pericak (G/C)

Still would like a G/C to compete with Britt/Lewis inside.

sutz

Reaction score
draft isn't over. But yeah, I thought interior line was more important than T, but this looks like a solid guy.

Mick063

Reaction score
Draft isn't done.

Britt had his shot at tackle, and then at guard. Failed at both. I expect he will get passed up by some draft picks this year. When a player isn't getting it done, Carroll isn't afraid to cut the cord. I think this is Britt's last chance to be a starter and even if he does get the start, I doubt he lasts past his rookie contract. They won't pay him veteran money for what a rookie can do.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
AgentDib":27ovsijc said:
Starters: LT Gilliam, LG Britt, C Lewis, RG Glowinski, RT Ifedi
Bench: Sowell (T), Webb (G/T)
Inactives: Sokoli (G/C), Poole (T)
Practice Squad: Pericak (G/C)

Still would like a G/C to compete with Britt/Lewis inside.
You have to have a guy active that can back up the C position. Sokoli, if he really gets legitimate reps in TC there, would probably be the active. Hopefully he will be, anyway. If he's not, it means he'll probably be in limbo for a year again still needing to adjust to the position. Sowell could actually get beat out by Poole. Potentially even Webb, even though we'd owe him money.

That and we'll probably add a couple more bodies.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":32y535cd said:
McGruff":32y535cd said:
Hawk_Nation":32y535cd said:
Natethegreat":32y535cd said:

Exactly. Compete to earn. However the verstality is nice to have... Webb and Ifedi both can push Britt at LG if one if them anchors RT.

Although im sure Seahawks will draft an OG and OC to put everyone on thier toes and really push the threshold of competition and churn out the best.
Which is exactly what Pete said they were gonna do in his presser the day,after the loss in Carolina.

kearly

Reaction score
If all goes well, Ifedi would start at RT and Webb would push Britt out of the starting lineup.