2nd round predictions

Mick063

Reaction score
Evan Boehm -Center-Missouri

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/ ... id=2555181

Sources Tell Us "He's tough as nails. He'll play with pain and he's the kind of guy who can command a locker room. I always look for talent first, but leadership might be just as important from your center and he has that." ­ -- NFC West executive

There are only four NFC West teams. At a minimum, there is a 25% chance that a Seattle executive said this.

kearly

Reaction score
I'm guessing Seattle will go for Jonathan Bullard, Chris Jones, or Cody Whitehair. Maybe Le'Raven Clark if they think Clark can play LT.

Rob12

Reaction score
Anyone here think Derrick Henry would be a reach in the second?

I love Rawls, but Henry could end up being a very good compliment to him. Insurance of sorts, as well.

sutz

Reaction score
Rob12":3eyu4501 said:

I love Rawls, but Henry could end up being a very good compliment to him. Insurance of sorts, as well.
We're thin at RB, but I somehow don't think they will address it in the 2d. More needs on DL and OL IMHO.

But I don't know much, it could happen.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I would not be surprised in the least if Henry is their second round selection if the run on DTs continues leaving Seattle with no DTs left that they have 2nd round grades on.

naholmes

Reaction score
I think they will go defensive line and would not be surprised if they move up a few spots to get their guy.

Willyeye

Reaction score
#31- T Germain Ifedi
#56- DT Jonathan Bullard (if available) or DE/DT Bronson Kaufusi
JS might trade up around 10-14 spots to get Bullard
#90- G/C Joe Dahl or T Joe Haeg
#94- G Connor McGovern
#97- S Justin Simmons or DT Hassan Ridgeway
#124- RB Tyler Ervin
#171- FB Dan Vitale
#215- WR/TE Devon Cajuste
#225- CB James Bradberry or WR Ricardo Louis
#247- DT Justin Zimmer

crosfam

Reaction score
Rob12":1vuugj22 said:

I think we will need to trade up to get him - I just don't see him there late 2nd like some folks say. I think there will be a run on RBs today, as well as DT/DE. I would not be surprised if we trade up to the middle of the 2nd round today for a RB or pass rusher.

As much as I love Rawls I think they need one more quality RB. Too many injuries in this game, you need at least two healthy, quality backs in this offense (assuming C. Michael makes the squad returns to his late season form).

I also like Prosise from Notre Dame. A RB who used to be a receiver - similar (reversed) version of Golden Tate. Like the versatility as a back-up RB.

Atradees

Reaction score
It does seem like many of the guys higher on our .Net draft board will be coming off the board in the top half of the second round.

Will we trade up? I am not so sure. If this is a deep draft as suggested bye the FO then it would seem less likely. We do have more ammo in the third for sure.

Is Le'Raven Clark still in play on the Seahawk draft board after acquiring Ifedi? Personally, I would thank would be killing it this draft for us. I am likely being too greedy and the Hawks may feel "set" on the O line after the other off season additions.

Two huge guys that may both be tackles......One can dream.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If Henry is there, he's so in play and I want him...or the other Alabama RB Drake late in the 3rd.

Saying he's "Richardson 2.0" just because they are both out of Alabama is silly. Henry is a monster and Drake is the kind of back seattle seems to value.

I'm not super comfortable going into the year with Rawls coming off injury. Who knows what he will be; from how it appears, he's a stud but when he is our main back and defenses are not keying on Wilson any longer just because Lynch isn't a threat will he be as good? who knows. To me he still has to come back and prove it. I believe he will but it still needs to happen.

Behind him we have Christine Michael and we all know the story there.

If one or both of those guys go down we have literally nothing in the cupboard, and you are talking about the team that runs the ball more than anyone in the league and has, up until last season, strived for RB depth making draft choices of Turbin (4th Rd when we already had Lynch and Leon Washington) and Michael (2nd Rd when we already had Lynch and Turbin).

I'm almost willing to guarantee we take a RB today and I hope it's EITHER of the guys from Alabama, and spare me the Trent Richardson angle. From all indications he lacked the desire and then was drafted by the Browns, :sarcasm_on: always a winning combination. :roll: :sarcasm_off:

I think Henry's size probably means he won't be playing very long past his first contract but most running backs are a crap shoot, but of the 7 games we lost last year 4 of those were to the rams and panthers who boast big tough front 7's and having a big back to throw at them early and often while saving Rawls for later could be a great 1-2 punch.

Largent80

Reaction score
We will probably draft an RB tonight somewhere, but I still want more O-Line help, and the Mebane replacement. And Siliga is not that guy.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm actually surprised that almost none of the elite edge rushers mentioned pre draft got picked in the 1st. Guys like Noah Spence, Ogbah, etc. We might have to move up to get one, but I could see it happening.

Just say no to Henry. He's not a great fit in our scheme. He's great when there's obvious holes, but once he slows down, he's done. He also has no interior wiggle, which just doesn't work with our OL.

I'd like to see Center, but value is probably there in the 3rd. I'm guessing BPA between edge rusher, Center, OLB (and I don't think there's value here in the 2nd), or DT.

Blaze

Reaction score
I predict we trade up with Cleveland. Their #32 for our #56, #94....we pick -- Myles Jack/OLB/UCLA. 8)

vonstout

Reaction score
I like Booker better than either of the Bama backs.

And I really want Jaylon Smith with one of our 3rd round picks. His injuries will definitely heal where Jack's is a potential degenerative situation.