Predict the Starting O-line Poll

After round one of the 2016 draft, how do you see the o-line starters as it is now?

• LT-Gilliam LG-Britt C-Lewis RG Glowinski RT Ifedi

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • LT-Gilliam LG-Glowinski C-Lewis RG-Ifedi RT Webb

Votes: 14 20.6%
  • LT-Gilliam LG Britt C-Lewis RG Glowinski RT Sowell

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • LT-Webb LG-Glowinski C-Lewis RG Ifedi RT Gilliam

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I know there are still 9 picks left. There are also UDFA to pickup and there are also possible June 1st cuts that could come into play. But for the sake of this poll, how do you all see the line looking at now?

McGruff

Reaction score
Gilliam, Lewis and Glowinski are pretty much locked in. The question is RT and LG.

I think it's going to be either LG Britt and RT Webb or LG Webb and RT Ifedi.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
McGruff":2xm4pnqm said:
Gilliam, Lewis and Glowinski are pretty much locked in. The question is RT and LG.

I think we draft our starting center today.

McGruff

Reaction score
JSeahawks":9ahxgnb3 said:
McGruff":9ahxgnb3 said:

I think we draft our starting center today.

I think the learned their lesson and Lewis is starting 2016 no matter what.
And I think our FUTURE starting center is already on the roster.

Largent80

Reaction score
I don't think any player listed is a lock. But it appears they are content with Lewis at center. Gilliam simply Has to play LT out of necessity. That means Ifedi is probably RT. The rest are open to competing for.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Way too early to project. I think they are building a lot of competition along this position group.

Webb could compete at both guard and right tackle. Can Britt and Ifedi hold him off?

Like Britt, Glowinski could face competition from a number of players: Webb, Sokoli, Poole, a draft pick, even Ifedi.

AgentDib

Reaction score
My money is on drafting our starting LG today. C wouldn't shock me but I think they're more comfortable with Lewis/Sokoli/Nowak than we are.

McGruff

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":1zkejrii said:
Other-

Opening day at least.

LT-Gilliam
LG-Britt
C-Lewis
RG-Glowinski
RT-Webb

I think this is the most likely scenario.

kearly

Reaction score
I'd be really surprised if none of the rookie class was starting on opening day. Ifedi has some stuff to learn, but even in his current state it is unlikely that he'll be inferior to both Britt and Webb. That, plus PC/JS and Cable are believers in having players learn on the job.

Lewis is a good backup center, but doesn't fit the athletic profile Cable wants. If Seattle drafts an athletic center today, I would expect him to start immediately.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
j hawk":362bzl6d said:
Right now I'd go with

Gillium
Webb
new draftee
Glo
Ifedi
That looks great to me. Get britt out of there, lewis might be able to beat out Webb at guard, wouldn't mind that either.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Even though I expect us to draft 1-2 more Olinemen who could factor into the competition, the most likely starting line-up with our current players to me is:
LT - Gilliam
LG - Webb
C - Lewis
RG - Glowinski
RT - Ifedi

Sowell would take over the Bailey role and Britt either gets cut or is limited to secondary back-up.

McGruff

Reaction score
Overseasfan":240u6jab said:
Even though I expect us to draft 1-2 more Olinemen who could factor into the competition, the most likely starting line-up with our current players to me is:
LT - Gilliam
LG - Webb
C - Lewis
RG - Glowinski
RT - Ifedi

Sowell would take over the Bailey role and Britt either gets cut or is limited to secondary back-up.

This would be my favored lineup, but is suspect Ifedi starts out on the bench.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
I hadn't considered it before, but Poole was a LT in college and is actually a bit miscast on the right side. He might make a great LG and could "factor in there."

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
kearly":1fo2hyhn said:
I'd be really surprised if none of the rookie class was starting on opening day. Ifedi has some stuff to learn, but even in his current state it is unlikely that he'll be inferior to both Britt and Webb. That, plus PC/JS and Cable are believers in having players learn on the job.

Lewis is a good backup center, but doesn't fit the athletic profile Cable wants. If Seattle drafts an athletic center today, I would expect him to start immediately.

I don't see it I think they draft defense or a RB.

McGruff

Reaction score
kearly":rksouoet said:

I don't think they will draft a center at all. Maybe a guy like McGovern who can flex there, but I think they are bullish enough on Sokoli to let that play out.