Trevone Boykin

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here...

[youtube]fyqFj6Og9q0[/youtube]

Throwdown

Reaction score
So excited for this pick up. When I was in the chat earlier on day 3 before I dipped out of it, I was talking about how I wanted Boykin with a pick, well we got even better getting him as a UDFA.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Love watching tape on this kid.

[youtube]V41ua96PmAU[/youtube]

My fave highlights - 2:57 6:18 9:34 10:05 and 11:13

Have to say Josh Doctson looks money. Great pick up for the 'skins.

rideaducati

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1tut3x6j said:

Wow. He sure got away with a BUNCH of very poor decisions in that game. I can see why he went undrafted. Quality of competition sure helped TCU. I'm not impressed.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":2x55yqcn said:
UK_Seahawk":2x55yqcn said:

Wow. He sure got away with a BUNCH of very poor decisions in that game. I can see why he went undrafted. Quality of competition sure helped TCU. I'm not impressed.
There were some poor decisions but I've seen Wilson do the same. He went undrafted due to him being carried out of a nightclub by several bouncers.

If he's coachable he's got a great chance. Better than the pedestrian Jackson.

Boycie

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":29sxak4r said:
rideaducati":29sxak4r said:
UK_Seahawk":29sxak4r said:

There were some poor decisions but I've seen Wilson do the same. He went undrafted due to him being carried out of a nightclub by several bouncers.

If he's coachable he's got a great chance. Better than the pedestrian Jackson.

But what his coin toss rating like?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Let's not be rippin on Tarvaris. He's done enough to warrant respect as a vital piece in the development of Russ. Saying he's < an undrafted rookie is pretty weak. Come June, I foresee him being back on our roster mentoring the survivor of the Boykin/Adams camp survivor

McGruff

Reaction score
rideaducati":200j6tvg said:
UK_Seahawk":200j6tvg said:

He's a risk taker who trusts both his arm, and the fact that he gets to throw to Josh Doctson. He's gonna have to change his decision making process in the NFL.

cheese22

Reaction score
I like his upside over TJ. Hopefully he or Adams show enough to supplant TJ. My problem with Boykin is that he relied on his receivers on jump balls that he won't be able to get away with. Seems like an easy coaching fix. The bigger issue is that he seems to miss open receivers too often. He has some of the Favre gunslinger to him but at times it's not necessary. I'm sure he's smart enough to know better at this level.

pehawk

Reaction score
Shocking that rideaducati doesn’t like Boykin. Stunner.

Alethios77

Reaction score
I love how one of our draft picks plays in this video: Joey Hunt, OC. Boykin has enough "upside" to backup Wilson! Love the addition our front office made!

rideaducati

Reaction score
pehawk":3taw2qb1 said:
Shocking that rideaducati doesn’t like Boykin. Stunner.

I said I wasn't impressed...I wasnt, but I'd rather see him as backup QB than Tarvaris. Boykin has a chance to be serviceable. Serviceable left Tarvaris behind many years ago.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Alethios77":1sqdukr2 said:
I love how one of our draft picks plays in this video: Joey Hunt, OC. Boykin has enough "upside" to backup Wilson! Love the addition our front office made!

Smart man...I'm sure he has seen enough of Boykin and Tarvaris to know Boykin is better. I've only seen a mistake riddled video of one game from Boykin and have come to the same conclusion. Although, I didn't even need to see the Boykin video to come to that conclusion. Tarvaris sucks.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'll keep an open mind about Boykin, but I know Tarvaris has been a reliable member of this team and appreciated by this team for 4 out of the last 5 years and there's enough of a sample size on him to know that we'd be better than a .500 team with him behind center for a relief role if Russ went down for a length of time. My guess is that he has an understanding with Pete and John that if nothing tickles his fancy as far as money on the free agent market, he'll be back prior to June's mandatory minicamp for a modest $1.6 million deal or thereabouts for one year. I'd welcome that.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":tjy1b1r0 said:
I'll keep an open mind about Boykin, but I know Tarvaris has been a reliable member of this team and appreciated by this team for 4 out of the last 5 years and there's enough of a sample size on him to know that we'd be better than a .500 team with him behind center for a relief role if Russ went down for a length of time. My guess is that he has an understanding with Pete and John that if nothing tickles his fancy as far as money on the free agent market, he'll be back prior to June's mandatory minicamp for a modest $1.6 million deal or thereabouts for one year. I'd welcome that.

I'd be fine with Tarvaris as backup as long as he never has to play. If Russell goes down, I'm sure Tarvaris would end up being a backup to whoever they signed off the street within a week or two. I just hope they sign the guy off the street before the season starts and that they never offer another contract to Tarvaris.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
rideaducati":1lxaul8t said:
Siouxhawk":1lxaul8t said:

I'd be fine with Tarvaris as backup as long as he never has to play. If Russell goes down, I'm sure Tarvaris would end up being a backup to whoever they signed off the street within a week or two. I just hope they sign the guy off the street before the season starts and that they never offer another contract to Tarvaris.
I obviously don't want to see Tarvaris in crucial situations as well, but that's for differing reasons as it would mean Russ would be sidelined. But if that were the case, I guess I'll just have to disagree with you in that I do believe Tarvaris would still give us a decent chance of winning. Hell, he went .500 in 2011 with a team that hadn't reached its talent threshold yet. We've basically only seen him in the preseason games and even that's been limited as Russ never seems to want to leave the field.

Rob12

Reaction score
Coming to Seattle is a perfect opportunity for him.

I like what I see.