Which current players do you think get cut?

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Well with all the new talent, which current Seahawks do you think don't make the team?

For me it's Morgan, Cmike and maybe Hill.

chris98251

Reaction score
Too Early, trades can happen, the I word and lots of other things.

kearly

Reaction score
Helfet. Marsh. Pierre-Lewis. Seems like the deck is stacked against C-Mike. Britt shouldn't feel too safe.

Morgan and Hill are pretty safe I think.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
kearly":bg4s9q05 said:
Helfet. Marsh. Pierre-Lewis. Seems like the deck is stacked against C-Mike. Britt shouldn't feel too safe.

A agree with all but Marsh. Why would they cut Marsh? He's in play for the LEO spot, and the Hawks drafted absolutely zero outside pass rushers, let alone linebackers.

drdiags

Reaction score
I think you have to consider Rawls and Graham as questions, until proven otherwise so Helfert and one of the rookie RBs may be safe until players are ready to go.

Looking at Clemons and Browner's contracts, I get the feeling one or both of them may not make the final 53 which would be a sentimental letdown but just the business of the NFL.

They may try to trade Hill, he just cannot stay healthy. Same with KPL.

titan3131

Reaction score
Pretty much any depth from 2013 or 2014 drafts that aren't starters are on notice.

Make plays or get cut

Mick063

Reaction score
There will be big time battles at offensive line and running back. Some of them will be picked up on waivers by other teams.

kearly

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3bfucka2 said:
kearly":3bfucka2 said:

A agree with all but Marsh. Why would they cut Marsh? He's in play for the LEO spot, and the Hawks drafted absolutely zero outside pass rushers, let alone linebackers.

Maybe I heard wrong but I was under the impression that Marsh was being looked at now as a pure LB to help fill the void left by Bruce Irvin.

If Marsh is still viewed as a situational LEO, he'd have to compete with Frank Clark and Chris Clemons. It would probably be easier to make it as a LB.

I think he only stayed on the roster last year because he's a good special teams player. But with the influx of UDFA / late round athletes this year I'm guessing the competition at special teams could be robust enough to push Marsh into the outside looking in group.

Zorn76

Reaction score
I like the kid, but I have a feeling P-Rich is finally cut for good before September.

Lockett is a star in the making, Baldwin is on the eve of a fairly big extension, and Kearse got paid a little to stick around. I also have a feeling that the rook Lawler will end up earning more playing time than initially thought. Richardson is snake bit, and they can't continue to wait around for him to (finally) complete a 16 game season.

C-Mike is playing to salvage his career in the NFL, period. Never been a fan, and he's going to be pushed hard by the new arriving rooks.

NewJerseyHawk

Reaction score
Nowak, Heflet, Pierre-Louis, Patrick Lewis, Tharold Simon, Paul Richardson, Kasen Williams,...

I think CMike holds off the rookie drafted in the 7th round and I view Prosise as more of a hybrid WR/RB, since he played WR in college before switching to RB.

Think Lawler winds up on the final 63 and Kevin Smith or Kasen Williams somehow manage to outwork the rookie on special teams so one of them stays on the roster.

Key to the roster is that we are not going to be picking up street free agents every time Jordan Hiill sneezes or plays more than 25 snaps in a game or we lose interior push inside on the DLine. I think Clemons and Browner are locks to make the roster for chemistry purposes and they have a point to prove to the Front Office and won't let their teammates down.

Remember folks, almost all of Russell Wilson's first 4 years of an NFL QB has been with Marshawn Lynch as a staple of the offense.....that doesn't mean much until to take into account how drastically different the offense looked once Lynch didn't play last year. Once we decided to go to a passing offense and leaned on Rawls, it was clear that once Rawls went down, we didn't have a reliable outlet to catch passes out of the backfield or run the ball with the entire playbook.

Signing Fred Jackson last year to help become that dumpoff outlet will be absorbed by Prosise and Rawls, who I think will play more snaps together on the field at the same time to create isolation mismatches on shorter throws. Jackson should have had more YAC, but just didn't have that much left in tank. If you give Prosise those same catch opportunities that JAckson had, we convert more first downs with safer passes for Russell to complete.

On defense, I don't see anyway we aren't in the Top 4-5 in rush defense and QB pressures now....we have interior rush and ability to get to the QB inside again. The key to the whole defense in finding out whether we have enough depth to replace Bruce Irvin at LEO and finding out whether Lawler can catch punts or return kicks.....In order for Seattle to win big, we need a healthy Tyler Lockett for all 16 games and need Lawler to step up as that bigger WR.

Erebus

Reaction score
EverydayImRusselin":3ilvm0pd said:
Well with all the new talent, which current Seahawks do you think don't make the team?

For me it's Morgan, Cmike and maybe Hill.

Not sure how Morgan is in danger of being cut. We didn't draft a single linebacker. I very much agree with Hill. I think he's our #5 DT now behind Rubin, Siliga, Reed, and Jefferson, and will have to compete with Bryant for the last spot, assuming we keep five.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Lewis will be replaced eventually. It could be this year if Hunt shows strongly and/or Sokoli is closer.

Marsh needs to show more, or he could be replaced (UDFA?)

Hill has to be nervous. This seems like the first year since he was drafted he could be truly pushed.

Smith and Williams will be in another battle for keeping a spot. I think they have seen enough from Richardson to keep him and see if he can stay on the field.

CMike...Britt...Poole...Helfet...Nowak

An interesting build up toward the final keeps for sure.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
They're not cutting Paul Richardson unless he morphs into Kevin Norwood this summer

I think Britt is definitely on the hot seat. C-Mike is going to have an uphill climb to make this team as well obviously. Helfet is gone barring injuries. Those are the ones that jump out at me initially

titan3131

Reaction score
KPL
Marsh
Britt
Nowak
Pericak
Terrell
Shead
Coyle
Pinkins
Helfet
Michael
Hill
Simon

I think that's all the crap players from 2013 and 2014. I think they are all on the bubble, due to the amazing draft class and udfa we have.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Little surprised to see people think Hill will be gone. When healthy, I thought he was solid. Yes, I know... when healthy being the issue.

I still think he's here for 2016.