Brandin Bryant - FB?

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Was just listening to Brock/Salk interviewing Schneider. They asked him which UDFA has the most upside. He answered, Brandin Bryant ...as DT and FB. That would be one nasty lead blocker.

titan3131

Reaction score
Tukuafu was cool but not really a factor at DT.

If Having Bryant at FB/DT keeps him on the roster and lets him stay on the team, this is a stroke of genius.

pehawk

Reaction score
Having multi-tool players allows a team to keep a 6th WR or RB should they choose. Or a dude like Sokoli.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Dude can fly in 5 yard distance. Man he would destroy those LB who step in the lane. He weighs 292 pounds. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seafan

Reaction score
He played a little FB in college. I was thinking when I saw his videos that he may be a FB option. With a 1.69 ten yard split he'd be a quick to the hole lead blocker.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Patiently awaiting the comp post that says, "call me crazy, but he kinda reminds me of Mack Strong/Michael Robinson".

:sarcasm_on:

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Forget FB . . . he moves like Aaron Donald. 1.64 10-yard split. 4.35 short shuttle. 9'+ broad jump. 38 reps on the bench.

[youtube]8M5LKx5-Kp4[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
I am very excited for this player, as a DT.

But if versatility at FB helps him make the roster, that's good news.

penihawk

Reaction score
I love his get off & motor. I can see him earning a spot in the d-line.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Basis4day":2q38mybd said:
Patiently awaiting the comp post that says, "call me crazy, but he kinda reminds me of Mack Strong/Michael Robinson".

Call me crazy, but he kinda reminds me of Will Tukuafu.

:mrgreen:

titan3131

Reaction score
Bryant is going to be tukuafu on steroids.

Insane athleticism, and by the playoffs a critical part of our championship defensive rotation.

mrblitz

Reaction score
yeah, looks like the seahawks are going to win it all again. seriously, this was a good draft/udfa year.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I like it this teams needs a FB in high leverage short yardage situations but its a dying position with RBs like Rawls and Prosise where a great blocking TE (see Vannett) will help more in there type of game.

Seahawks also need DT depth.

I think Jefferson will be a player as pass-rush DT.

If Bryant provides versatility at FB and plays good DT thats valuable.

I think Hill is going have to beat out Siliga for backup NT. One weighs 290 reportedly and the other 325+. We'll see how this shapes out.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
hawknation2016":1s51zvog said:
Forget FB . . . he moves like Aaron Donald. 1.64 10-yard split. 4.35 short shuttle. 9'+ broad jump. 38 reps on the bench.

[youtube]8M5LKx5-Kp4[/youtube]

I think he's closer to a Clinton MACdonald. Aaron Donald is an extreme stretch.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1rx2gp67 said:
Basis4day":1rx2gp67 said:

Call me crazy, but he kinda reminds me of Will Tukuafu.

:mrgreen:

He's quicker, faster and more athletic than Tukuafu, not to menton bigger and stonger.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kearly":3m3678e1 said:
I am very excited for this player, as a DT.

But if versatility at FB helps him make the roster, that's good news.

His quickness shows up in spades. He'll have to be way more disciplined at this level. Dude looked like a running back bouncing around looking for holes on a few of those plays!

McGruff

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1dbhb00y said:
I like it this teams needs a FB in high leverage short yardage situations but its a dying position with RBs like Rawls and Prosise where a great blocking TE (see Vannett) will help more in there type of game.

Seahawks also need DT depth.

I think Jefferson will be a player as pass-rush DT.

If Bryant provides versatility at FB and plays good DT thats valuable.

I think Hill is going have to beat out Siliga for backup NT. One weighs 290 reportedly and the other 325+. We'll see how this shapes out.

No reason To have a backup NT when you have Rubin and a line that plays in waves and very situationally.

I think our D line end up with DT'S Rubin, Reed, Hill, Jefferson, Bryant and Silaga with DEs Bennett, Avril and Clark. Jefferson, Bryant and Silaga can all shift outside situationally.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I want to see him as an exclusive DT. Maybe he can play FB in a pinch.. but would much rather sign John Kuhn on the cheap when it no longer counts against the comp picks, let him compete against Tre Madden for the FB role and just unleash Bryant at DT.

titan3131

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3bdof8xl said:
I want to see him as an exclusive DT. Maybe he can play FB in a pinch.. but would much rather sign John Kuhn on the cheap when it no longer counts against the comp picks, let him compete against Tre Madden for the FB role and just unleash Bryant at DT.

We usually run 2 Fb's 4 Edge and 6 DT

By having Bryant take a fb/2 spot we gain a valuable starter that can take reps in relief and work his way to being the monster DT Fulltime.