ESPN Article on Ifedi

2_0_6

Reaction score
Love this pick.. From the article:

"He's been a guy they consider, for lack of a better term, the policeman in the locker room," Berry said. "They have a lot of different characters down at A&M. You guys have seen guys getting in trouble and stuff. He's the guy that cleans up the locker room. They trust him to be a team leader. He's a juice guy for them. If something's going on in practice, he's the one that handles it. His mentality, competitive makeup and the fact that he graduated in four years. He's a registered junior this year, so he's already graduated. He's got his life together. We're getting a man, which is a really cool thing."

pmedic920

Reaction score
I'm on the "record" around here as an "Aggie" hater.

I've never hated an individual for being an AGGIE.
My daughter is a graduate from the A&M system.

Having said that, I'm stoked about this kid, if he lives up to my expectations, we are in for a treat.
I'm pulling for him to succeed as a Seahawk as much as I ever have, for any player.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Of course I'm hoping the dude succeeds for us, but I think it's gonna take a season or two for him to get the fundamentals of his position down, if at all. This makes me happier about the Webb signing, since we at least have competition and a backup plan in place. I really do think our OL looks better than last year, thank goodness.

Sent from my iPhone, which is way better than Roland's Nokia.

justafan

Reaction score
Good link.Thanks.
I was luke warm on the pick only because there were players I liked at 26.But I think we are getting a good player.Sounds like he has what it takes between the ears to be successful.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I was sure they got Ifedi to play RG with an eye toward swinging him outside to RT in a couple of years, but they want to see if he can win RT outright this pre-season. I was sure that this team wanted to draft an explosive blocker like Ifedi on the interior to deal with the NFC teams that have great interior lines on defense, but I read it all wrong.

I hope he's good enough to beat out Webb at RT because I don't want Webb starting there if possible.

Meeker

Reaction score
This was posted on reddit

To piggyback off of this, I 'm a construction science major at A&M and was another intern with Manhattan on Kyle Field for that whole semester. I actually sat in the cubicle next to him in our trailer, and we saw each other 5 or 6 days a week until summer. You can look in my post history about me talking about working on Kyle Field if you really don't believe me, but I have no reason to lie.

Anyway, he really does have an insane work ethic, got to work everyday at 7am, worked till 2:30 before heading to practice at 3:00, rinse and repeat all semester. Of course, he got a little bit of special treatment from the other guys, they were mostly Aggies too and all knew who he was but he was actually a solid contributor to the project. Smart guy, really quiet, down to earth, opposite of Johnny. I remember he got his Aggie ring that semester and A) He has size 15 fingers, which is ridiculous, and B) The skin on his hands looks like elephant skin, it was so tough I guess from punching D-lineman.

Anyway just thought I'd share, I'm super happy for him. It was great to see him go first round.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The more I'm reading up on him, the more I'm liking him. I just hope he's the piece to helping the o line getting fixed.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'm a little confused why so many people think Ifedi will need to 'season' or learn for a year before he can start. This is still the same Seahawks team and coaches that drafted JR Sweezy as a D-Lineman and immediately converted him to an O-line guard and started him there from day 1.

Says here that Ifedi starts at RT from day 1.

McGruff

Reaction score
Pete Carroll on the radio today said Ifedi wl start out at RG. He wants to have the biggest and strongest right side in the league with Webb and Ifedi.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
McGruff":1fmr4s1t said:
Pete Carroll on the radio today said Ifedi wl start out at RG. He wants to have the biggest and strongest right side in the league with Webb and Ifedi.
Sounds good to me.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Ok, so we're going to be a right handed running team. This should be interesting. How about whatever side you prefer just get it done already and maybe protect Wilson sometimes? Maybe yeah?

Meh, whatever.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
MysterMatt":pieodvdt said:
Of course I'm hoping the dude succeeds for us, but I think it's gonna take a season or two for him to get the fundamentals of his position down, if at all. This makes me happier about the Webb signing, since we at least have competition and a backup plan in place. I really do think our OL looks better than last year, thank goodness.

Sent from my iPhone, which is way better than Roland's Nokia.

A season or two? He will start from day one (either as G or RT) and progressively improve. If ever?? Debby, how about watching some film.