UDFA George Fant

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
As a Western Kentucky alum, this is as excited as I have been about a Seahawks signing in quite some time. I research a fair amount of hoops prospects while still in HS that are being recruited by WKU; Fant was especially easy because he is a Bowling Green, KY native. You may remember Fant in a couple NCAA games, namely as a sophomore putting up double digit points against top-seeded Kansas in round 2.

This kid is a physical freak. Huge shoulders, great feet, extremely coordinated for his size, fast, explosive.

But I am far from an evaluator of talent, so I am wondering if my bias is overstepping it's bounds when I convince myself that this guy will AT LEAST make our practice squad.

Several of you guys lie far closer to the "expert" end member than I do, and I'm wondering what you guys see in this kid, good, bad, or indifferent? What do you think our staff will try to do with this guy?

Check this out to start:

http://www.stack.com/a/college-hoops-st ... is-pro-day

Thanks!

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Funny, I was just reading that same article earlier today. I have high, high hopes for Fant. I saw him play basketball in WKU's tourney game a couple years ago. His power dribble was unstoppable. He couldn't be guarded in the post. He really is a remarkable athlete. He put up eye popping numbers at his pro day for a man of his size. He'd be interesting as a TE prospect. He is almost 300 pounds, but it's a very long and muscular lean 300 pounds. I mean his 40 time and vertical speaks for themselves. He appears to have soft hands. I'd say TE might be his first position Pete will try him at. Maybe tackle. I love that he's so open to any position. You can tell he's just hungry to play. I'm extremely excited about this one. I hope he impresses and that we get to see a lot of him in preseason.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3jcjdghm said:
Funny, I was just reading that same article earlier today. I have high, high hopes for Fant. I saw him play basketball in WKU's tourney game a couple years ago. His power dribble was unstoppable. He couldn't be guarded in the post. He really is a remarkable athlete. He put up eye popping numbers at his pro day for a man of his size. He'd be interesting as a TE prospect. He is almost 300 pounds, but it's a very long and muscular lean 300 pounds. I mean his 40 time and vertical speaks for themselves. He appears to have soft hands. I'd say TE might be his first position Pete will try him at. Maybe tackle. I love that he's so open to any position. You can tell he's just hungry to play. I'm extremely excited about this one. I hope he impresses and that we get to see a lot of him in preseason.

They had him at Tackle during the rookie mini camp. Maybe the coaches will bring him along the same way they did with Gilliam.