Jake Heap? Another QB.

Tempest_Crow

Reaction score
Thought someone would have something on this guy. He was drafted last year. Played for the Jets a bit. College was BYU. Anything else?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Probably nothing more than a rookie camp arm .. local kid, was a star in HS who probably should have stayed home and played for UW instead he chose BYU and then his career kind of hit a lot of bumps in the road.

This is a nice read if you want some more info on him.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... -seahawks/

Cartire

Reaction score
Finally, a franchise QB.

Problem solved guys.

drrew

Reaction score
Heaps is a football junkie. Works a lot with Taylor Barton running the Barton Football Academy (http://www.bartonfootball.com/).

I can't imagine he makes the team, but he'll work his ass off, will fit in well with Russell in the film room, and if Boykin and/or Adams have any deficiencies in breaking down film or learning the playbook, Heaps will be a good guy for them to learn with.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I have never seen a kids high profile from High School help him to get a cup of coffee in the NFL. He did absolute squat in college.

Reaction score
Smellyman":356g6ea8 said:
I have never seen a kids high profile from High School help him to get a cup of coffee in the NFL. He did absolute squat in college.
I have ole miss dt robert nkemdiche. Cardinals new DT got him to be a 1st round pick he didn't do anything in college either except a fourth floor vertical jump :lol:

crosfam

Reaction score
He had a pretty good freshman year, won the starting job at BYU. In person, I saw him tear up UTEP and win the MVP at the New Mexico Bowl. It looked like he was headed towards being a top college QB. And then everything fell apart for him. He always had talent, though I think he will just be a camp arm, and stay until we cut down to 75 or so. If not it would be quite a story.

Side note: While Heaps was good, it was noticeable that many of the BYU kids were older, stronger, and more mature than UTEP, as many go on two-year missions. I did like the way Bronco Mendenhall coached, and think he has a future at Virginia.

Smellyman

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":ih4a3m1y said:
Smellyman":ih4a3m1y said:
I have ole miss dt robert nkemdiche. Cardinals new DT got him to be a 1st round pick he didn't do anything in college either except a fourth floor vertical jump :lol:

Agreed there, but at least he started. Can't dominate in college you won't do it in the pros. Not to mention a complete knucklehead. He will flop.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":2394vsu5 said:
Smellyman":2394vsu5 said:

Oh please nkemdiche was a three year starter. He was inconsistent and didn't constantly dominate, but when he was on he was on. Case in point the alabama game this past year, he was the best player on the field, and about 8-15 of the guys on the field were drafted in the first two rounds.

Heaps was over hyped out of highschool cause he was throwing to physically dominant guys (Kasen Williams 5 star guy, Gino Simone 4 star guy). Heaps came out in college started as a frosh, but then lost the job, and started transferring around losing jobs then transferring again. Kid's really a cautionary tale on how not to do the high school/college game. If I remember correctly one or both of his parents relocated and started blogging or something about him at byu, Helicopter parenting like you read about.

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3clb4dir said:
thegreeninyoureye":3clb4dir said:
Smellyman":3clb4dir said:

Oh please nkemdiche was a three year starter. He was inconsistent and didn't constantly dominate, but when he was on he was on. Case in point the alabama game this past year, he was the best player on the field, and about 8-15 of the guys on the field were drafted in the first two rounds.

So let me get this straight he was a three year starter and you point to one game. Rest my case :roll:

gowazzu02

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":3u32akvw said:
gowazzu02":3u32akvw said:
thegreeninyoureye":3u32akvw said:
Smellyman":3u32akvw said:

So let me get this straight he was a three year starter and you point to one game. Rest my case :roll:

lol ok whatever makes you feel better buddy. I pointed to one game because it showed that he was the class of a game that had double digit first rounders. He's a d tackle, they aren't flashy, and I admited he was in consistant. Comparing him to another highly touted high school star who was a complete bust is crazy. But you seem happy so good for you, not everyone has to know the game of football. Atleast you know what jersey color to root for.

Seafan

Reaction score
We now have three rookie camp arms with very little expended. Hopefully one of these guys shows enough to be a OTA/minicamp/TC arm.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
He was a total headcase at BYU. Not accurate and fell to pieces at the slightest hint of pressure. I doubt he's even practice squad material.

Reaction score
gowazzu02":2dk865n0 said:
lol ok whatever makes you feel better buddy. I pointed to one game because it showed that he was the class of a game that had double digit first rounders. He's a d tackle, they aren't flashy, and I admited he was in consistant. Comparing him to another highly touted high school star who was a complete bust is crazy. But you seem happy so good for you, not everyone has to know the game of football. Atleast you know what jersey color to root for.

Dude no one is comparing him to Heaps. I said I know someone that has gain a little attention off of their high school swag or what ever. That is why everybody knows about Nkemdiche. That he was the number one player in the country in highschool and they are wondering why it did not translate to college. Heap was also a pretty decent player in highschool not knowing why it didnt transfer to college(Given Heaps wasnt the number one player rankings wise)Totally different career Heap isnt going to be nothing but a camp arm. College career for Heaps was terrible. U are taking what I was saying out of context. If you don't think Nkemdiche has gain fame from him being a high school phenom I don't know what to say. If he was a average guy coming out of high school had that career that he had no way he gets drafted in first round. He is athletic and big but that not always translates. He is inconsistent big time runs right by guys in la la land half the time. It's ok if you don't know a lot about the game of football just try watching some tape some time you'll get better. We wear blue he wears red just to help you out. He plays for the cardinals if you dont know us real Seahawk fans don't like them to much.I know everybody has a man crush on the guy ok I get it. I mean all we can do is wait and see how his career is going to pan out. Could I be wrong sure just like people that pick these players all the time are wrong.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":w5z3kztk said:
gowazzu02":w5z3kztk said:

Dude no one is comparing him to Heaps. I said I know someone that has gain a little attention off of their high school swag or what ever. That is why everybody knows about Nkemdiche. That he was the number one player in the country in highschool and they are wondering why it did not translate to college. Heap was also a pretty decent player in highschool not knowing why it didnt transfer to college(Given Heaps wasnt the number one player rankings wise)Totally different career Heap isnt going to be nothing but a camp arm. College career for Heaps was terrible. U are taking what I was saying out of context. If you don't think Nkemdiche has gain fame from him being a high school phenom I don't know what to say. If he was a average guy coming out of high school had that career that he had no way he gets drafted in first round. He is athletic and big but that not always translates. He is inconsistent big time runs right by guys in la la land half the time. It's ok if you don't know a lot about the game of football just try watching some tape some time you'll get better. We wear blue he wears red just to help you out. He plays for the cardinals if you dont know us real Seahawk fans don't like them to much.I know everybody has a man crush on the guy ok I get it. I mean all we can do is wait and see how his career is going to pan out. Could I be wrong sure just like people that pick these players all the time are wrong.

Again your wrong. You said nkemdiche didn't do anything in college. I pointed out that you were wrong. You had an overinflated expectation of the kid cause you apparently fall in love with the star rating. Had he not had that flashy 5 star label, and you just looked at his athletic attributes and measurables and the fact he was a true frosh starting DT in the SEC, started for 3 years more then held his own and at times dominated.. you'd see a player that has all the potential in the world to be great. Then you talk about me not knowing football and the jersey colors, come on man, I JUST made that joke about you. Be original for me one time.

Reaction score
gowazzu02":w6rymgl8 said:
thegreeninyoureye":w6rymgl8 said:
gowazzu02":w6rymgl8 said:

Again your wrong. You said nkemdiche didn't do anything in college. I pointed out that you were wrong. You had an overinflated expectation of the kid cause you apparently fall in love with the star rating. Had he not had that flashy 5 star label, and you just looked at his athletic attributes and measurables and the fact he was a true frosh starting DT in the SEC, started for 3 years more then held his own and at times dominated.. you'd see a player that has all the potential in the world to be great. Then you talk about me not knowing football and the jersey colors, come on man, I JUST made that joke about you. Be original for me one time.
Ok Papa Bear Halas ya got me feel better now. You should write the Cardinals to see if you can scout for them or something big guy. I know nothing and you are a football god sir or mam. You actually can read my mind and knew exactly what I was thinking. How do you do that? Please teach me oh great one or am I not worthy of your presence. If you lived by me I would buy you a drink so we can talk x's and o's seriously.