Did anyone listen to Bennett on 710 Tuesday?

Laloosh

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out if he was pissed off or just giving guys a hard time. Curious what others thought about the interview.

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... 0and%20Gee

Ivo, I did take a peek to see if you'd included this one in your 710 thread. Didn't see it but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":9ye5a2qh said:
I couldn't figure out if he was pissed off or just giving guys a hard time. Curious what others thought about the interview.

Ivo, I did take a peek to see if you'd included this one in your 710 thread. Didn't see it but feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
It sounded like a pretty typical MB interview to me. I thought it was interesting how he believes Clemons will do a wonderful job coaching up Frank to attack the outside after he prepared him last year on the nuances of the inside. Great team unity there. Also wants Marsh to surrender the 91 number to CC

rideaducati

Reaction score
What an awful show. They can ruin even the best guest interview.

McGruff

Reaction score
rideaducati":aq9annb9 said:

Yeah that may have been one of the most awkward interviews ever, not because of Bennett, but because of the hosts. When the cell phone signal cut out, they should've just considered it an act of God.

But I am certain that bringing Clemons back is accomplishing two tasks. First, it is preparing Clark to be the best player he can be. Second, it is preparing Clemons for his next career in coaching. Pete loves grooming ex-players to join his staff, and Clemons is a great candidate for a coaching career.

titan3131

Reaction score
Justin is a mouthbreathing moron who still thinks that we are becoming a passing attack. Pete Carroll needs to smack the sh*t out of his red head empty skull.

Gee Scott is a Arrogant POS who adamantly claimed to know more then Jon Clayton and was wrong. Surprise dude you have worked in the industry less time then Jon Clayton has spent combing his hair...

Jville

Reaction score
I have not been able to listen to or get thru a Justin Myers and Gee Scott podcast. And even though I will acknowledge that I am certain I am not included in their targeted audience, I find it incredible that they are still on the air.

I doubt Bennett, or anyone else, can save them from themselves.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Laloosh":2ox2h8x4 said:

I missed that one, but I don't post them much because I think their show needs a lot of help. They try too hard to be cool and end up talking a bunch of nonsense. They might have a following that love them, if so, good for them. I'm just not one of them.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I won't listen to Gee... too much of a screamer for me... and I hate sports analysts/broadcasters who feel like they have to scream to make their point.

Softy isn't much different, fwiw.

Basis4day

Reaction score
titan3131":1dqqkm3q said:
Justin is a mouthbreathing moron who still thinks that we are becoming a passing attack. Pete Carroll needs to smack the sh*t out of his red head empty skull.

Gee Scott is a Arrogant POS who adamantly claimed to know more then Jon Clayton and was wrong. Surprise dude you have worked in the industry less time then Jon Clayton has spent combing his hair...

Keep in mind that Gee is really close with several members of the team. Especially Baldwin and Kam.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Basis4day":3b1dtttp said:
titan3131":3b1dtttp said:

Keep in mind that Gee is really close with several members of the team. Especially Baldwin and Kam.

Whooptie freaking doo. I bet he is close to those guys...like a stalker is close to the person he is stalking.

His radio show stinks.

Hawks46

Reaction score
McGruff":2ky0t64y said:
rideaducati":2ky0t64y said:

Yeah that may have been one of the most awkward interviews ever, not because of Bennett, but because of the hosts. When the cell phone signal cut out, they should've just considered it an act of God.

But I am certain that bringing Clemons back is accomplishing two tasks. First, it is preparing Clark to be the best player he can be. Second, it is preparing Clemons for his next career in coaching. Pete loves grooming ex-players to join his staff, and Clemons is a great candidate for a coaching career.

I also think bringing Clemons back has a lot to do with reestablishing an identity that has slipped from our defense.

titan3131

Reaction score
Basis4day":134qyd0f said:
titan3131":134qyd0f said:

Because he has this relationship with the players he thinks he is some special guy. NO ONE CARES KAM TOLD YOU HE WAS COMING BACK FIRST. If you were a good friend you should have told him to grow up.

O Okung is going to get 13 million? O you know this because of your "sources"

Looks like clayton was right 5 million.

Dont even get me started on his praising of Cam Newton and how he is the anointed one. Pure disgust for this show + G0ee is a blowhard who is out of touch with the reality of his job.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
That show sucks.

It reminds me a lot of when a student takes a creative writing class and goes way too far with it. They use a bunch of nonsensical metaphors and over-sell everything to the point where it's just annoying to listen to. It's the kind of "You know what that's like. . ." and then they go off on some unrelatable personal aside to try to illustrate a point only that never happens and just comes off as some people who like talking about themselves. I wanna hear about sports not some personal wife/girlfriend comparison every other segment.

OP
OP
Laloosh

Laloosh

Reaction score
ivotuk":2h6jglpm said:
Laloosh":2h6jglpm said:

I missed that one, but I don't post them much because I think their show needs a lot of help. They try too hard to be cool and end up talking a bunch of nonsense. They might have a following that love them, if so, good for them. I'm just not one of them.

Yeah, I heard some bits and pieces of the interview on Brock & Salk. Wanted to hear the rest.

I've always felt like I knew when Bennett was being sarcastic but some of the stuff about Marsh's number and Doug's tweet sounded like he was serious. Oh well.