Multiple Players Waived (Including Nowak)

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/727964556153085954[/tweet]

McGruff

Reaction score
Yeah, 3 drafted running backs will do that do a Canadian refuge.

sutz

Reaction score
Nowak kind of surprises me, I thought they'd want to continue working with him. But hey, it's only early May, we might see him again as a fringe camp body or PS player.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Nowak went backwards in his NFL career. Thrust into a starters role and gradually demoted until he's gone.

Jville

Reaction score
IIRC Will Pericak has something of an athletic edge over Nowak. In any case, they needed to purge the center position after the draft. And in Seattle, Nowak was a one position candidate.

Jville

Reaction score
I appreciate the hard work and effort Drew Novak put in with the Seahawks. I wish him the best.

[urltargetblank]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25577288/in-the-line-of-fire[/urltargetblank]

crosfam

Reaction score
I think Nowak will catch on as a back-up somewhere. A couple more years of NFL paychecks.

Jville

Reaction score
^^^ Given that they are not plagued with a history of ego clashes, I don't think they look at things that way.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Yeah Seahawks are not afraid to admit when they've made a mistake. See Percy Harvin who they cut after the draft capital and salary space they gave up for him.

McGruff

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":36i5k9es said:
Cutting Nowak = admitting you made a mistake eight months ago

Nowak was benched 7 months ago, so that was pretty much the end of that mistake.

And then he was cut shortly after, so that was yet another end.

In other words. It's water under the bridge.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Still cant believe they started nowak over lewis...Lewis wasnt that bad the year before so it was shocking to me :(

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
crosfam":1gd6g7rq said:
I think Nowak will catch on as a back-up somewhere. A couple more years of NFL paychecks.

I think he'll never sniff an NFL roster ever again. I guess we'll find out who's right.

kearly

Reaction score
What's kind of funny is that for as bad as Nowak was, he actually seemed to be turning things around ever so slightly right before he got shit-canned. Tom Cable works in mysterious ways.

I'm fine with this. I don't think Nowak is a player you have to commit a roster spot to, he'll be around for a while if needed. I think there was only so much room on Seattle's roster for Centers without great tools and Hunt basically jumped to the top of that list when he was drafted. Somebody had to be bumped off the center group eventually. It wasn't going to be Sokoli or Lewis.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'd rather they stuck with Shields...he's proven as much as Helfet has. Some reason they can't seem to get rid of Cooper. Not sure why, he hasn't shown anything when plays count.

Jville

Reaction score
hawkfan68":jim7cwvf said:
I'd rather they stuck with Shields...he's proven as much as Helfet has. Some reason they can't seem to get rid of Cooper. Not sure why, he hasn't shown anything when plays count.

You can't be serious. Shields participated in the Seattle Seahawks rookie minicamp in May of 2015 but was not signed. Shields was later signed to a futures contract 1-18-16 ... only 3 and a half months ago. Now released, that is the extent of his NFL participation.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Jville":3osrrfky said:
hawkfan68":3osrrfky said:

You can't be serious. Shields participated in the Seattle Seahawks rookie minicamp in May of 2015 but was not signed. Shields was later signed to a futures contract 1-18-16 ... only 3 and a half months ago. Now released, that is the extent of his NFL participation.
While Helfet did play, he proved as much as Shields when he played.

It's all good, Helfet can make even more money as a male model.

Seafan

Reaction score
Five spots to sign more rookies. The camp invites know they have a chance.