Marshawn Lynch Finally OFFICIALLY Retired

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
And that ends that little drama.

Per the Seahawks mobile device pop up announcement thingy.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Mixed emotions for me. Loved his personality at times, hated it at times. Loved him on the field, however, the thought of what could have been will always stay in my mind. Truly unforgettable. Thanks, BM.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will always respect the warrior on the field for what he gave us. For that, there can be no debate.

Off the field is entirely another matter and I am personally glad his antics are in the rear view mirror. There are a lot of adjectives you can assign to Marshawn off the field. Mine would be: Distracting.

kpak76

Reaction score
Aros":6lal7lom said:
I will always respect the warrior on the field for what he gave us. For that, there can be no debate.

Off the field is entirely another matter and I am personally glad his antics are in the rear view mirror. There are a lot of adjectives you can assign to Marshawn off the field. Mine would be: Distracting.

His team mates weren't that distracted. I personally don't care if fans are distracted, because we aren't on the field.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Oh man I was hoping he'd pull a Favre and make the team regret drafting 3 backs

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
kpak76":sluz9b7u said:
Aros":sluz9b7u said:

His team mates weren't that distracted. I personally don't care if fans are distracted, because we aren't on the field.

And isn't that the purpose of football for fans, anyways? To be a distraction from daily grind...?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
kpak76":101ra7zm said:
Aros":101ra7zm said:

He was a distraction to business at hand for the front office....The same front office that hired Tom Cable, who was charged with designing and building an offense to accentuate his talents, in unison with Russell Wilson and helped him to realize his full potential; he was a great deal of the success with the Offense, but HE DIDN'T DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF.
Buffalo wasn't equipped, and wasn't going to open up the doors for him to be the star that he's become,
Pete, John & Tom DID exactly that, and he was indeed a distraction and a hampering to the guys that featured him.
It's Team First, not ME first....We had enough of that mindset with Percy Harvin.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Truly the end of an era. I have never enjoyed watching a RB as much as I have enjoyed watching Marshawn Lynch.

Thanks, Beast.

Basis4day

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2bwg6ijw said:
kpak76":2bwg6ijw said:
Aros":2bwg6ijw said:

He was a distraction to business at hand for the front office....The same front office that hired Tom Cable, who was charged with designing and building an offense to accentuate his talents, in unison with Russell Wilson and helped him to realize his full potential; he was a great deal of the success with the Offense, but HE DIDN'T DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF.
Buffalo wasn't equipped, and wasn't going to open up the doors for him to be the star that he's become,
Pete, John & Tom DID exactly that, and he was indeed a distraction and a hampering to the guys that featured him.
It's Team First, not ME first....We had enough of that mindset with Percy Harvin.

Marshawn didn't put the team first and you're comparing his level of distraction to Percy Harvin?

That's a joke right?

“He's not carrying the football, he's carrying his team. That's who he is. That's what he does." - Tom Cable on Marshawn Lynch

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Lynch seems more like an awkward introvert than a guy who just wants to be a distraction. Not that he's a perfect guy or anything, but I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm trying to give more people the benefit of the doubt in general.

Even Percy Harvin, who I don't think Lynch fairly compares to, is at his core insecure and seems like people I know (and I was like this in my younger years) who go out of their way to immolate relationships before the other party in the relationship can abandon them. Ultimately, I feel bad for a dude like that because I wouldn't trade my life for his even considering the money that he has. That's no way to go through life.

Anyway, Lynch is the greatest halfback in team history now and I appreciate his efforts in making runs at Lombardis for three years (and that ridiculous Saints WC game too).

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Without Marshawn we don't get to a SB much less win one.

So whatever "cost" you are putting on the distraction he brought, you have to offset it with the value of reaching the SB twice and winning it once.

I would say that if you do that math, the results were well worth the cost.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Loved him on AND off the field. He is who he is I think. Don't know many cats like that. Enjoy Retirement Marshawn Lynch. Greatest RB in Seahawks uniform in my estimation. We were so lucky to have him.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Its kind of cool that they theorhetically used Lynch to secure thier Rookie pool and give them a limit to what they could spend in free agency without compromising i.e. overspend.

I also like that they are just carrying his deadcap this year. That extra 2.5m off in 2017 cap could be the difference in re-signing Baldwin long-term. I think he'll get 4 years, 28-32 m w/ 12-16 gauranteed.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We are going to miss his toughness. It was infectious. We missed it last year.

There is just no way to replicate that ghetto swagger that he had. It was awesome.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Absolutley loved the way he played on the field. Opponents made "business decisions" on making half assed tackle attempts at times. He gave the Hawks a toughness they had been missing since the Knox era. The distractions were worth the one Lombardi, which should have been 2 if they don't call the "second and wrong" and just handed the ball to Beastmode.

Was he a perfect angel? No.

But he will be in my top 3 or 4 favorite Hawks of all-time.

Thanks Beastmode!!!! :)

A

Anonymous

Thanks for giving us all the runs, Marshawn.

wait...

:mrgreen: